Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

They had one submitted on their website, and it got the 10k votes to be considered, and they decided against production. :(

It's so loving dumb too because they had that cool Sopwith Camel set a few years back.

Honestly the SR-71 should have been a no brainier.

Also I still have the Millennium Falcon sitting in its box. Gonna build it but I'm waiting to source a cover for it so I can do the coffee table design when it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Get well soon, string eater.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

theres one on the berlin turnpike

also theres a chik fil a in glastonbury now

Oh god, thanks for reminding me that Berlin CT is a real place. Also that East Berlin, CT is a real place. My dad and I stayed in a hotel there a few years back for my sisters graduation ceremony and holy poo poo, talk about living up to its name.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why would you stay in a hotel on the turnpike, those all have hourly rates for a reason

like 10 min away theres nice places in cromwell that are immediately off the highway

My dad is a cheapskate. If my stepmom had been there, she'd have killed him.

Now whenever we travel together, I pick and usually pay for the hotels.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

so apparently the reason the pentagon bathrooms are cleaned so frequently is because so many people throw up from stress the stomach acid was doing a number on the porcelain

i didn't think it was a thing until i was taking a leak and a dude lost his lunch in the stall today while saying 'it's just a half hour' and my boss was like 'yeah i throw up about five or six times a month here'

:stare:

Framing this for when my wife and others ask why I don't go back to work in a national security field.

Happy with my chillax academic research job.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Currently waiting for a numbing agent to do it's thing so I can get snipped :gizz:

Gonna go home and ice my balls after, drink beer and play a bunch of Spider-Man.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Trip report: Owww my balls.

Actually just a dull ache but otherwise, nothing too bad. Forced myself to not look down while it was happening though, figured that might have been something that would freak me the gently caress out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EBB posted:

Cat lovers, what wet cat food do you use? I think Mao is having issues with hers and I want to try something different.

My wife stands by anything and everything made by Royal Canin and Purina Pro Plan for our cats.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The Dirty Dozen is on Netflix.

:getin:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The Office peaks the season before Steve Carell left and I promptly stopped watching when Michael left. Everything beyond that is garbage. Parks and Rec is good too, and also a good example of a show ending before it completely ran out of steam.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’ll use this post as a shameless plug for y’all to watch Party Down and The Inbetweeners

Both are great shows, especially Party Down. Hulu has Party Down as well as It's Always Sunny and King of the Hill. For those two shows alone, I gladly pay 11 bucks a month.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Arlington has two diners called Bob and Edith's Diner and it's the loving greatest.

Closest Waffle House is like 30 minutes away though so I only get to go to it whenever I travel with my wife when she goes on business trips.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LingcodKilla posted:

TOO loving LOUD TO HAVE A NORMAL TALK WITH MY DEAF rear end PARENTS ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Otherwise pretty good and great hours

:lol: True.

Also watching people who've never been to a diner struggle with the concept of "First come first served" is always amusing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EBB posted:

I figure it's because she was feral. When the meal is there, you take it. Now I have her on a breakfast/dinner schedule and she can tell time so there's less food anxiety.

Yeah, bugged my wife about it (she's a vet), said it's most likely eating too much too fast.

You're doing the right thing by keeping the meals smaller and proportionate. Same deal goes for water, which sounds counter intuitive to most of us but it's a thing. Currently dealing with similar issues with one of our dogs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

DoktorLoken posted:

Once I have room for a desk again I'm pondering a single 34" ultrawide or two 27" 4k monitors. Dunno where to go on that one.

I got a 34" ultrawide a few months back and it's amazing. Especially if you get a curved one.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Naked Bear posted:

Posting it again because, hot drat, they did great job with that number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtiynnETOlM

There are some extra :discourse: versions of this,

This one's good.

"The Sergreant-Major's having a time
Parlez-Vous,
The Sergreant-Major's having a time
Parlez-Vous,
The Sergreant-Major's having a time
loving the girls behind the line
Inky Pinky parlez-vous"

And then you've got the Three Germans Crossed the Line variant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vmZwTVpnXo

Soulex posted:

Just gonna have to wait for it to come out for netflix or something :(

same :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

orange juche posted:

I interviewed for a job with Booz once, never again. gently caress those guys, I don't care if they're the best game in town as far as defense contracting, they can eat it. They did all three of those bolded things to me and it was a thoroughly unenjoyable experience. Even if I had been offered the position I likely would have turned it down because I did not like the process. By the end of the interview both I and my interviewer were visibly frowning because I didn't like him and he didn't like me.

Same here. Similar thing happened with The Corporate Board as well. Then proceeded to interview with my current company and the fact they seemed interested in me as person instead of pulling stupid power moves made me feel at ease and I knocked both interviews out of the park.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Kitchen Nightmares US and UK versions were good because even when he lost his poo poo, if the owner/workers weren't complete tools and listened to his advice, he was pretty helpful. But yeah, the US version this was 9/10 episodes.

I also liked how he constantly went out of his way to send people who he met on those shows that showed promise in culinary arts to a culinary school.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

holocaust bloopers posted:

same but the entire super bowl

imagine if we got that rams-chiefs 54-51 game as the sb.

Pats saints would have been better.

So my in-laws are giving my wife and I 15K to for a downpayment. I guess we're gonna buy a house sooner than I thought.

Downside, lol @ living in VA. Hello Anne Arundel Co or Howard Co. Maybe Montgomery Co.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah I used to live in Montgomery County, so I have a rough idea of how much I'd be paying in income tax. Though living in Arlington, I've realized that what I was paying in income tax in moco, I'm basically paying in property taxes for my cars.

They're gonna get their money one way or another. Key is to find a place that doesn't have too absurd of a tax rate.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Evil SpongeBob posted:

If you have kids, go HoCo. Schools are much better. Source, my wife was a Howard teacher and my kid went to Anne Arundel. Montgomery schools used to be good until DC started pushing in and bringing the schools down.

We're not planning on having kids, so thankfully we don't have to worry about that aspect nearly as much.

Still, I'm not a chud dipshit who hates paying taxes for good school systems so I'd prefer to go somewhere where the school systems are getting adequate funding if I can help it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Mr. Nice! posted:

USAA will absolutely track that person down. First off, they have a copy of the check. Second, every place that accepts checks will have cameras that show who it was that passed the bad note. This will get turned over to police, and they will prosecute. USAA is refunding you the money because they're awesome. Some banks will just tell you tough poo poo and assist with identifying the thief and make you seek restitution. In this case, USAA will seek restitution.

Yeah, the banks have a vested interest in stopping whoever is doing this. So there is that at least.

But USAA is unique in that they will give you your money back. Ask me about working at Bank of America and having to tell people who went through this poo poo that we were gonna do gently caress all for them aside from freezing their accounts and opening new ones for them.

gently caress I hated that job.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

Oh.

I'm at 16.8k steps today when I started being in agony around 500. But it's me being a loving dumbass and not doing some prep work beforehand. I have no skin on the back of my heels and the bandages/moleskin aren't padding enough for the damage done.

I was about to ask you how the gently caress you had that many steps mid-day and then I remembered where you work.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So the company that I've been with for eight years has decided that for whatever stupid loving reason, people can only work from home one day a week now, and that we will no longer have home based employees. All the HBE people got told this morning that they have two months to decide if they want to become office employees again. The kicker here, is many of them moved far far away from the office, with managerial approval.

We're all paid slightly bellow average in the DC market but no one gave a poo poo because we we're able to work from home most days and as long as our work was done, no one bothered us or cared how much we worked from home. This was the way things were for 15+ years and suddenly, new leadership that's not even in our branch wants to change things up.

My boss and I are both already openly telling each other if they don't back track, we're walking. Oh the kicker, they told all the home based employees this poo poo this morning but asked them to not tell anyone else till they emailed us this afternoon.

gently caress.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 7, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

Somebody done hosed up in a big way. Five bucks says someone was on the payroll as a home employee and either did no work, worked for another company simultaneously, or did something like outsource their work to the Philippines. Or maybe all three. Maybe all three...as the same person.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone got caught doing that, but it just seems stupid to overreact and gently caress with your workforce on that level. Do an audit, gently caress do anything before saying "okay one person hosed up, let's gently caress up morale and possibly gut our products workforces while we're at it. Go!"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The ability to WFH makes a huge difference in my morale. There’s so much I can do from my couch. Even taking a WFH day once or twice a month is an incentive.

Bingo. We mostly do content editing type stuff (I work on statistical tables in excel, other people work on abstracting historical stuff). Face time is minimal because it's very solo oriented work and while we communicate as a team, there's really no need for us to be in office other than to make appearances or whatever. My teams product and one other teams product constantly exceeded sales targets and received rave reviews from our customers. One of our flagship products, that the company would constantly promote and sell the hell out of, had 4/5 people working remotely. As of right now, all four of those people are saying gently caress it and walking away. So that product is likely going to be in the toilet for the next year or two.

People stuck with this company for years because the WFH was so lax that it was easy to live in Frederick or where-ever and own a sizable house without having to commute for 4 hours a day. Now they want those same people to stick around at less than the market average and thank them for letting us work from home one day a week instead (which for people who have kids or live really far away, doesn't help all that much).

gently caress that. Just glad my annual review just wrapped up. Going to continue to go in and work for now, but I am actively searching. Because if I have to work in office 4-5 days a week (for now at least), I mine as well go somewhere that pays me more.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Crossposting but IDGAF cause I'm stressing real bad right now,

So talking to my buddy who's home based, apparently when they started the WebEx yesterday, they accidentally started with the slide that said "discussing packages with your director".

This was before anyone knew what the call was about.

Also the higher ups seem to think this is not going to impact productivity or quality at all from conversations they've had with managers. 40 people are impacted by the no more home based policy as of right now, only two or three are making plans to come to the office (since they are still semi local).

Good job, idiots!

They also lied about relocation packages, told managers it's be 25k for gold star employees. When the final amount was offered, it was 15. Four thousand more than the severance package to move back to DC. They also said that you'd be fine to keep your insurance until you left, now they changed their minds and have said only if you can't get on a spouses plan. How are they so bad at this?

My office is like a powder keg right now and there's a town hall this afternoon about this. My director, who's a good guy and I'm almost positive had no idea this was coming until a couple of days ago, looks absolutely miserable. Apparently on all the calls he did with HR yesterday, he looked dead inside. He's normally a very happy guy.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

Your company is about to commit corporate seppuku. Get the gently caress out.

That's the plan.

You hiring? lol. I'm only half kidding at this point.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

DoktorLoken posted:

How are companies MBAs so bad at this?

Fixed.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

A new twist!

A co-worker of mine got a job offer a few days ago before this all hit. When they told their boss to try get a counter offer, they both thought at most our company would offer a 10% bump to try keep them. They offered 20% and a promotion. What the fuckkkkkkk

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Vasudus posted:

there's probably something out there if you want a referral

Shoot me a PM of where I should look. :)

Set up a webex for us to watch the town hall. I’ll block time off in my Outlook.

If I had webex on my phone, I totally would.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

So that meeting...

Holy gently caress. Basically boils down to the vp thinking his gut telling him telework is bad and that he should just end it. Product managers came to the meeting, and they are loving beying for blood. One director said she wished she video taped it so she could show it to the the guy above him and general counsel at how loving inept his rollout is...

Good thing I recorded it. Passing it to a co-worker so she can transcribe it. Come at me motherfucker.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Naked Bear posted:

Did anyone tell the VP straight-up that he's a loving idiot, or words to that effect? That's what he needs to hear right about... yesterday.

Yes. Several times. "Respectfully"

I yelled at him at one point "You say you value our feedback, but it's hard to believe that when you're soliciting it after the fact".

Here's a crosspost,

Handsome Ralph posted:

So, the town hall meeting announcement was sent out by email at 9 this morning. I think they figured that people wouldn't bother to come in if they only had four hours notice. Wrong.

Office looked like it usually does on Monday's (most people work from home). Immediately, everyone was basically on edge and pissed off. Little work gets done obviously, so good job mr. VP!

Anyhow, I talked to my manager a bunch and we went for a walk where we both basically agreed that unless they backtrack this, we're going to have to look elsewhere and that this is loving everything over.

Someone in GIP joked that I should webex the shitshow. I laughed but then realized, why not just record the thing? Maybe it'll be funny. I'm confident doing so might lead to some poo poo going down. Meeting started at 1:30, was scheduled for only an hour. It went till 4.

Key points,

-VP starts to say he wants to implement this policy because he wants people in the office to help prevent siloing of work and to have "serendipitous" moments happen between workers to lead towards better projects and outcomes. Weird, since we all do abstracting and editorial work. Not the kind of work that you can really "share" and group tackle.

-He then says this new policy will be more fair and straight forward. And that he made this decision because in his gut, he knows that this is the way forward for our long term goals and plans.

-Floor opens up to blood questions, and immediately people start asking him if he has any realization what kind of impact this will have beyond home based employees (IE, people like me who work in office 2 days a week). It's clear he thought that working from home is just a small perk and people will be able to easily adjust.

-At one point, a co-worker who I think is a contractor, and clearly didn't give a gently caress, asked him what he meant by serendipitous, because English wasn't his first language. The exchange,

"So what do you mean by this word, serendipitous? Sorry, this word is new to me."
"Oh it means occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way. Like ideas or projects happening suddenly because people are there." :v:
"Okay, from what it sounds like this idea was just a serendipitous moment you had on the toilet."

-Another co-worker asked him point blank, did he realize the impact this was having on people's mental health and stress levels. VP looks down and does a weird nervous poo poo eating grin thing, coworker immediately yells at him "Stop smiling!", people clapped and a normally lowkey product manager shouted "SAYS IT ALL RIGHT THERE!"

-One of my coworkers started sobbing, because she lives 90 minutes away. She comes in two days a week and asking her to come in four days a week is impractical for her. She's got a young family with another one on the way. For this alone, I hope the motherfucker is out on his rear end.

-He kept saying that our location had a ton of people with a long tenure and that should be rewarded. Multiple people asked him if he really didn't realize why people stayed here for so long despite making less than market average. He was dumbfounded by this.

-Overall, it was clear he didn't think this through beyond HBE being let go if they didn't return to an office, and figured that it would have minimal impact. He clearly did not think beyond "more people in the office=Better than!"

-Someone asked him if he thought his boss, who constantly praises our products and one of our flagship products, knew that he was essentially gutting those products. More dumbfounded looks.

-For some reason, this guy thought that saying "well we're flexible with you, so if you leave for an hour early once in awhile or come in later, we can do that!" would solve things. Noooooope.

-One manager told him point blank that working from home, she works longer than eight hours a day because she likes to be available for her employees and that she gets more work done. She's fine with that. But if she spends an extra eight hours a week in the car, that's a full work day wasted and that productivity is going to take a massive hit as a result.

-At one point, one of the directors that's been tasked to carry this poo poo pile and call it gold, when asked what we got out of this, tried to tell us that being apart of this award winning team and creating these amazing products should be enough in the short term. Yeah, that loving went over well.

-HR rep was clearly out of her element and at one point, tried to say they can't treat employees different just cause they are parents or whatever. Queue shouts of "uhh, that is not at all what we are asking for".

There's more and I'll share more later on, but I need to eat my dinner and get my friend this audio file. Strap the gently caress in.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah we all laughed at that. Probably the only moment there was genuine laughter.

Oh and someone asked him point blank, was there an event (people working second jobs, RSA sharing with a contractor in china, etc) or performance that prompted this decision? "Nope!" Dude is dumb as gently caress.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 9, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Soulex posted:

What is to stop you from jumping chain? Why not inform his boss or whatever of the ramifications his short sightedness will bring?

It's already happening. I'm basically Mark Felt in this case. People above my paygrade are taking the recording and other things up the chain. Fingers crossed.

The sad part is, morale isn't going to be the reason they back off on this, but the loss of equity and product quality that the product managers and sales people will bitch about. Morale and retention will be a factor, but not as big those two.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Tell the top dog that this puke VP makes your office want to organize and form a union

lol, the thought crossed my mind. "What would make them absolutely want to shitcan this guy? Tell them he's pushed people into forming a union."

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm bored and my switches battery is recharging, have some more incompetence.

Handsome Ralph posted:

It really was.

We're in the DC market, so constant reminders were made that were in a very competitive market right now and that's about to get even more competitive with Amazon coming to town.

I talked to a friend and the more I hear, the more it sounds like this guy just hates the concept of working from home and has since day one. I get the argument that people interacting face to face is great for projects that require constant collaboration. Problem is, our work doesn't really work like that. It's very solo oriented work, and even when we do group work, our flagship teams that have been 90% remote have done amazing work and collaboration with things like slack and such.

Here's another kicker. Our flagship product, which gets advertised/name-dropped on NPR, wins awards at trade shows, etc is 80% gutted by this move. Two people on that team expressed a willingness to either relocate if the relocation bonus wasn't bad or if they could work out of the office on their locality. This dumb motherfucker went cheap on the relocation money, so that person is balking, and flat out refused the other ones request to get a desk in the mostly empty NYC office. The director/product manager I mentioned yesterday got wind of this and is now in full on damage control mode to try keep those two people. One of whom is basically a shadow project leader, so losing them would be a big loving deal. Also lol at the concept that you're going to just replace these people in six months with no hiccups. Three days ago I'd absolutely agree with you this feels like a shadow layoff but the more that I find out, the more it looks like this dipshit is just trying to swing his dick around. The only question is if someone is going to step in before this guy irreparably damages our unit. Though I'd say enough damage has already been done.

More things I forgot to mention in my last post.

-People flat out asked this guy if this was indeed a shadow layoff, he said no of course not and we plan to rehire for those positions so long as they work in an office (but he's going to be competing with a seller's job market and with Amazon coming to town, will likely need to spend even more money to get and retain talent). There are other reasons why I now know it's not a shadow layoff at this point that I can't really post here. He also then confirmed that the reason he wants the home based employees to stay on till November 1st at minimum to get their severance packages, is so they can train their replacements. lol.

-We asked if this no more full time home based employees or four/one schedule was being implemented across the company. "No, just my division. Oh and except the UK offices (labor laws are cool) and anyone with an ada accomodation."

So you're basically canning one of the biggest draws to our company, just in our division, because you believe in serendipity? And you're doing it in several markets that have to compete with a seller's job market? Good luck, rear end in a top hat!

-He went on to tell us he's an engineer (oh that would explain so so much) , so he needs data to show him that working from home is good for our unit. We said that data exists. He asks what data we're referring to
Multiple people yelled at him "Our products success!" Oh well you see that's not data to me, so moving on. He then proceeded to tell us in his gut he knew his decision was the right one. So literally 90 seconds prior you're telling us you need data to make informed decisions, then tell us our data doesn't count, and then proceed to tell us your gut is verifiable data. You're not an engineer, you're a loving moron. Pretty sure this is going to be used against him by the other execs that were in the meeting because lol at rolling out your galaxy brain idea without getting any input or feedback, and then proceeding to tell hundreds of people their lives are being dramatically affected because of your data that is actually a gut feeling.

-Other heartening thing, there were managers in that meeting that I've worked under that were not crazy about working from home or restrict it for whatever reason that were pushing back, hard. It was seriously the most united front I've seen from my office in a long time.

Sorry for the second wall of text. I'm just stuck in a car for the next four hours and this poo poo is still bugging the hell out of me. I've already applied to two other jobs, one looks cool but is kinda far and the other might be a bust but who knows. Honestly the only way I see myself staying is if this guy gets his rear end kicked in by the exec team and I get a solid raise next month. A promotion or a new project would be cool too, everyone I work with in my office, even the dude married to my ex-fiance (look at my post history earlier in the thread) are good people to work with, personality issues aside.

Oh and we have two WebEx calls on Monday about this that are company wide. Should be fun.

Edit: Bonus "Serendipity toilet" guy story. The VP showed up to this town hall with a two slide PowerPoint and his head of HR on his iPhones speaker phone.

"I just cannot understand how you thought coming here with a couple of slides, and some guy on your phone was going to make this all better!" queue laughing and applause. Seriously that guy rules.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Untagged posted:

For those that are interested, Season 3 of The Expanse is now available on Prime for free.

Oh gently caress yeah gonna binge when I get home.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Sarah posted:

I went back to work Monday. Re: shoe chat - the only pair of work shoes I brought were my pre-pregnancy shoes that I had to stop wearing from hippo feet. :downs: Boy was that a mistake. I already wore them all day Monday so I had no choice but to double down and keep wearing them to get used to them again. Was fine by Friday thank goodness.

And I got my evaluation yesterday. I got rated exceptional and I’m getting a bonus :stare:

Congrats! :toot:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Soulex posted:

I want my backyard to look like this

:same:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Tomorrow/this week at work is gonna be loving wild. VP sent out a damage control email @ 5 on a Sunday. lol.

I'm all nerves and poo poo, but I'm kinda excited to go to work tomorrow cause I think it's gonna be :stare: worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Basically just an email to my office alone (not the rest of the division) saying that he heard our feedback and he's currently exploring ways to mitigate the issues we brought up. It just read as a very bad attempt at damage control, and too little too late at this stage.

He also forgot to CC all the home based people and a bunch of managers.

Also there are multiple recordings of that meeting floating around, including mine, the director is getting a hold of them and bringing them up the chain tonight/tomorrow.