Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Vasudus posted:

Went and yelled at some marines, ended up with a captain's phone number. I'm not gonna call her though because it's a colossally bad idea that would basically require me to change contracts. 110% can't happen.

In my defense, strong willed fit brown women are my kryptonite and gat dang.

As a happily married man, I say gently caress you, sir. Do it and report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Most developed counties have crisis intervention teams. For example, Broward county has http://211-broward.org

I've seen them in my neighborhood for deaths and crimes (a natural death and this shithead who beat his mom bad).

Call the non emergency number for his county. Now. Quit posting until you do.

Edit:. I'm not trying to be dickish, I just don't think anyone can or should carry that "what if I had..." burden on their shoulders.

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 20, 2019

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Downside, lol @ living in VA. Hello Anne Arundel Co or Howard Co. Maybe Montgomery Co.

If you have kids, go HoCo. Schools are much better. Source, my wife was a Howard teacher and my kid went to Anne Arundel. Montgomery schools used to be good until DC started pushing in and bringing the schools down.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

We're not planning on having kids, so thankfully we don't have to worry about that aspect nearly as much.

Still, I'm not a chud dipshit who hates paying taxes for good school systems so I'd prefer to go somewhere where the school systems are getting adequate funding if I can help it.

Good schools do affect your home prices. I just found this out as my MD house was districted just outside the new high school right before I sold and transferred to CA.

Overall, I had no problem with living in MD. I compared it to vanilla ice cream, no one's favorite, but everyone can deal with it.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Only two inches but it’s stuck around.

Quit signing your posts.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Business finance careers

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

E: Nevermind.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

But it turns out that, as of today, you're looking at the new project coordinator of type licensing.

Explaination of what that is please?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

I'd like some insight as to how manufacturers select tires. I assume it's some combination of vehicle use and who gives the biggest bulk purchase discount.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Tell me about language there. I've been to 44 (I think) countries, but always kept my eye out for a Morocco trip.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

It's wierd driving around socal and everything is green. Rained last night and knocked the pollen down. Washed and polymered the Jeep. Took my Fox news parents to the airport for their return trip home. Didn't even have to use my AK.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

HEY EVERYBODY GUESS WHO'S GOING THROUGH A PREGNANCY SCARE RIGHT NOW

Lesson learned, up the bum, no baby.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

MA-Horus posted:

we have a wrangler to gently caress around with all weekend

I'm temped to pull the roof/doors off that fucker but do not want to blind incoming traffic with my pasty white Ontario skin

Take the roof and doors off. Then go ahead and pretype out a thread called "So, I just got carjacked and robbed in South Beach".

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

We're always looking for good employees here at the dick sucking factory.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Ohio.txt

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s missing a hole.

No, the a hole name is right there at the bottom.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's 92 degrees in Munich

Some place in Germany got 102 degrees yesterday

poo poo is not right

I was all excited for my 2 week work trip to Budapest. Now that I'm here, I haven't gone out before 830 pm because it's Miami hot outside if I go out at all.

I've been here 6 days and have maybe gone 2 blocks in total from my hotel besides taxiing to work.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

I nominate Minister Shcherbina to replace Biden on Mount GIPMore.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Sounds like something a German would say, you're not fooling us into giving your country a precious Emmy.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

I want to put your hot meat inside of me.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Godholio posted:

Make sure to post updates. I've kind of been thinking about a dehydrator.

Don't you live in a dehydrator city?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Nope, not regretting moving to CA after 18 years in DC and South FL. High of 73 today.

Currently: 69. :nice:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Click Beelay posted:

Still got that spot on the couch for you and spongebob if you ever over this side of the planet.

Where's moker?

Wut? I'm a Marriott gold, I don't do couches.

E. My crushing introversion won't allow me to interact with goons.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Watch the air flow around your meat, you've got a really tight grouping there.

Wisdom. I live my life by those words.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

I had a long effort post written, but how about this.

Experiment with different styles of interaction. Give clear expectations and hold people accountable. Acknowledge when you've made a mistake. Give your employees a voice, but you'll need to stop discussion and make a decision at some point.

The best managers aren't afraid to try new things and are not paralyzed by fear of failure.

A good litmus test of a well run unit is no critical personnel (because people leave, get sick, etxc) and your boss should never realize when you aren't there because the work still gets done.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

DMV goons, this company is the tits. They've done our agency moves for decades and two personal local moves.

https://www.moyerandsons.com/

Don't lose friends when moving, use them.

Hell, even if you aren't in the DMV, but are moving to DC area, give them a call and see if they have a crew in your area.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Work needs temps for our Denver office. Thinking about the two weeks between Xmas until after New year's. I've never been there other than the airport. Dumb question as my Google Fu is weak, but are there beginner, family friendly ski places near there? All I see are advanced ski places not for a family with no experience.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Thanks, bookmarked those places. Sorry, last time I went snow sporting was during my off time working the SLC Olympics. I'm sure my body is still the same as it was 17 years ago...

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

I'm sure there is some sort of homer Simpson gif that would represent my old rear end trying to ski. I'm also assuming it would be easier for us to take ski versus snowboard lessons as far as ease of learning?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yo I got a massage on Saturday. The girl hit some points that made my brain go fuzzy. The points were not my dick.

The prostate is a point.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Navy - Forged by the sea.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Here is the giant book of political appointees.

https://www.govinfo.gov/collection/...lum%20Book%2529

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

In Denver for a couple of weeks (DTC area) for a temp gig. Any must go to eateries besides Mexican as I work in LA? I have a car.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Thanks! Yes I like alcohol, but I don't drink and drive. Willing to Uber since I'm on per diem though or get drinks to go for somewhere worth it. Already bought some Colorado bourbon.

I also like meats. I see a lot of middle eastern around for my lamb fix.

E:. Also, thanks CM for the offer. I assume a contact high comes free?

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 27, 2019

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Thanks! I have the weekend to myself before my family comes out to explore for a few days. I'm kinda sad I never came here before I settled in LA.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Ok, here's the deal. Last night I was exhausted and walked to a nearby place so I could just have a beer or two, a crappy sandwich and crash in bed without driving or Uber. (Lifelong sea level guy doesn't do well on day 2 of altitude.)

I went to twin peaks because that was either there or red Robin. The wings were surprisingly..good. I got the Thai and hot garlic wood fired. Still felt shame as I sat there and looked at what I assume is a Hooters like customer demographic around me.

I'll make up for it. I just had pho, and probably going to the Mongolian or middle eastern place. I'm sorry I sold out. :(

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Went here tonight:

http://moroccanfooddenver.com

I was a little hesitant initially because there were a lot of white people. Fantastic lamb shank and hummus. Scratched my lamb and pita itch. Lots of tagine dishes.

Definitely bringing my family here when they come.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

CO goons, thanks for the suggestions so far.

Took the wife and kid to Estes Park and the RMNP visitor center. Didn't go further up because I'm in a Nissan Altima. Drove by lake Lucy and walked around pedestrian mall in Boulder.

Tomorrow we go to Winter Park where the kid will get her first ski lesson while I watch and drink coffee followed by family tubing.

The kid is an amateur geologist. Is running down to Golden and School of Mines worth it on Friday? Is it worth blowing off a trip to downtown Denver or could I do Golden and school and still make time for dinner downtown?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Can you claim sleep apnea if you were never diagnosed while you were in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Buy another motorcycle.