Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Sure, why not. Submitted a soldier.

Don't remember if Arabic is a language option or not. Was kinda strange in the last XCOM 2 LP when my trooper was the only non-English speaker on the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gnoman posted:

What I think you're missing is that the game expects the occasional "abandon the mission and run for your lives!" response, and even a TPK is survivable. This game is descended from a title where you could send 14 elite troops out on a mission only to have a UFO pop up and shoot it dwn, killing everybody. Modern XCOM is far more gentle than the original.

Although I will say that the Codex is not entirely unforeshadowed. You see one at them end of the tutorial.

I went into XCOM 2 blind after playing Enemy Unknown/Within, and I thought the Codex was reasonably foreseeable because that's how Enemy Unknown worked. Hitting a big plot milestone almost always meant something horribly nasty would pop up in response. Hit the alien base, sectoid commanders start appearing. Finish the hyperwave scanner, the Overseer starts wrecking your monthly scores unless you already kitted out with plasma firestorms. Shoot down the Overseer, hello sectopods and ethereals.

That experience lead to me having a funny feeling about the skulljack an officer objective in this game, and that caution bore out.