Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Oh ho. Okay.

I've disabled the DLC and it lets me load the save but warns of potential instability. That said I'm not seeing anything going wrong on load so maybe we're okay?

You dodged a bullet here, because if anything, this poo poo would be even worse without its introductory mission. Alien Hunters is the only DLC I know which not only makes the game worse under every aspect, but can also gently caress up your playthrough even if you turn it off. I think the expansion finally deactivates it completely, but I have it uninstalled just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Between incredible misses (seriously, not being able to hit a Marked soldier with partial cover?) and the Sectoid's self-own against the exploding car, it looks less like luck and more like game taking pity on you. Still, this turned around great!

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

I think this cutscene was supposed to be dramatic, but the way the Denmother and her camp ignore the warning and let an entire swarm of ADVENT transports catch them unaware always cracks me up. It's like seeing Gargamel finally finding the Smurf village.