Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Should probably spoiler the WOTC mechanics.

Anyway, you guys are doing magnificently for total noobs who insisted on playing on Normal for some unfathomable reason. That frost bomb was amazing - you basically took out the entire map with that, save the alien ruler. Can't wait for next week's update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
Yeah, I don't mind longer episodes either! Would prefer each mission to be in one video too.

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
A bit late, but just wanted to show off that the snake armor can look AMAZING.

EDIT: Good point - switched out the weapon for a basic sniper rifle.

xxlicious fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 21, 2019

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
I like Astra and Godmother

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013
They're doing an incredible job of playing, and not even just as blind players. Top tier strategizing. That Berserker Queen kill was excellent. That said, I really don't understand certain decisions made this episode especially since they had the information they needed to do better. On the other hand, this mission is going to be amazing to watch. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxlicious
Feb 19, 2013

Explopyro posted:

The question becomes, is it inevitable to have an inverse difficulty curve in any game with power development, or are there ways to scale difficulty better in order to mitigate or prevent it from happening? (And, if so, would we want to?)

It's not inevitable at all! Invisible Inc, for example, has a great way of dealing with this.

I would love to see you all play Invisible Inc next - it's a turn-based stealth strategy game on a whole other level compared to XCOM 2 when it comes to game design, and I say that as someone who's spent hundreds of hours of XCOM 2. Given how easily you mastered the tactical and strategic aspects of XCOM 2, I would love to see how you deal with Invisible Inc and hearing your insights.