Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Can I get the first robut soldier, using the Dreadnought voice pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GeneX posted:

I do so wish that my other submitted character was the one to show up early, in the "Nat and Tea get everyone killed" missions :v:

Use the submission link in the OP to submit characters!

Dunno how I missed that, will do!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You can move someone and then hit tab to switch to someone else. You don't NEED to use both actions at the same time/consecutively.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bremen posted:

It might be added in the expansion. It actually changes a lot of stuff and basically re-writes the engine.

I normally use "z" to zoom out to see the icon for whether a soldier can see the enemy, but it can still sometimes be tricky to get the target and soldier on the same screen. I believe that's the default key/in the base game.

Pretty sure it was an expansion feature, yeah.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Znorelag posted:

Page 3 and 4 of the xcom manual has some useful keyboard shortcuts that might help make your life easier.

Manuals can be found on the 2k games webpage here.

For example, I use "Y" (overwatch) a lot when I play to set my goons on overwatch. This combined with tab and you can set your entire team on overwatch in a second. Very useful for missions with no timer where you want to wait for a patrol. Also, you overwatch a lot in xcom.

By the way. Can I ask that my character grows a beard while in med bay?

On the bottom of the screen, the abilities/actions are numbered. 1 is shoot, 2 is overwatch, etc.

Spacebar is also an "Accept this" button, so you can hit 2 and 2 again to confirm, or hit 2 and spacebar to confirm.