Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Submitted a soldier via the form. I just uninstalled XCOM 2 a few days ago to make room for some new stuff. I think it's the first time since 2012 XCOM released that I haven't had an XCOM game installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Very entertaining so far! There's really a lot going on when you first jump into the game but you're doing a good job of figuring things out. One of those potential recruits was my submission. Hoping I get picked to kill some aliens get mindcontrolled and wipe out my squad.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

You guys are doing great on this mission! You made the right choice on the hacking reward when you opened the cell door. That's a big boost for the hacking stat. That said, you do have a tech researching. I'm pretty sure you picked psionic research before this mission. Halving the time would be nice but the chance was too low. Looking forward to a smooth finale.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Voting for Operation Demon Wheel. Intel is hard to come by. You don't need any recruits for a while.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

You played this mission well. If it wasn't for that one misclick this would have felt like a really big victory instead of just surviving. No enemy in the game is really that scary by themselves. Without those faceless you would have mopped up that codex in two turns. It's a dick move for a new player to experience but I miss that because it only surprises you once. After 200 hours that first codex is part of your game plan and usually pops in to a firing squad when it shows up.

I voted lightning hands because free actions are one of the most valuable things you can have available. Doubly so if it does damage.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Voting Threat Assessment. You're doing really well so far! I don't think you're quite in a death spiral but you're definitely on the knife edge. Some good choices in the next few game weeks will help.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I was so excited to see you rush that muton! Usually that happens earlier and someone gets swatted. Also, you need to embrace the goofy ruler armor.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Good picks on the level ups. Untouchable is one of the best skills a ranger can get.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Nat and Tea, you guys are doing great. I'm rooting for you (to lose that ice grenade in a botched mission)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Nice LP, guys! The final mission of the first game was a victory lap with very little challenge. Most people found it boring. This time fights really ramp up in the last room. I think it's fun and tense.