Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad it's not WotC because the expansion expects you to have at least some knowledge of the base game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does lowtax spawn with an exo suit?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm gonna submit a character named Rammer Ez in honor of our fallen soldier :911:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leave it on you coward

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sniper4625 posted:

I'm sure it'll be fine :unsmith:

I maintain my viewpoint.

Also I just left a lot of fields in my submission blank so you can just randomize them or something, Nat. Or at least I assume how that'll work.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bifauxnen posted:

Everything is weak to swords! :colbert:

:hai:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if you scan the abandoned colony you'll get some free rookies instead of needing to pay for them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nat if you guys want the avatar project to stop increasing so fast you should leave north america and actually destroy some facilities

the game is trying to get you to do this but you just keep sort of circling the continent you're on

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bremen posted:

They can't destroy the facilities without contacting the regions or getting a facility lead, and they're currently full on contacts. That's why they're building resistance comms (instead of a psi lab, which is a pity but I understand the reasoning).

I didn't even notice they were full on contacts :downs:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Natural 20 posted:

Oh body armour?

The game is based around alpha striking as hard as you physically can. Defense is nice but i'm never taking it over guaranteed damage and terrain manipulation.

Reading this I'm actually a bit worried that you don't know that the Armor Upgrade isn't a utility slot item, it improves your base armor, giving your soldiers more health and utility item slots

I haven't watched the most recent episode yet so maybe you've touched on it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bifauxnen posted:

Nat is broadly correct to prioritise offense over defense, especially when it comes to those measly nanovests taking up a whole item slot. But man, mimic beacons are loving amazing how does he not see it? Prolly cause he's spoiled on frost bombs

I'm not talking about the nanovests though, I'm talking about the plated armor he skipped over when assigning research recently

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I caught up with the last two episodes and let me say I am glad Rammer Ez has shown up and hope she gets the second chance she deserves.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Qrr posted:

It could be worse - there's an ability in the expansion whose description makes it sound like it only works half the time when it actually works 100% of the time. It's a heckuva lot better that way.

Silent Killer, the ability I never ever took until I noticed something funny in the legacy pack missions where someone has it by default

You guys are really getting the hang of this - generally a lot of good moves, with occasional understandable mistakes like the acid grenade (though I think its description actually does say that it doesn't go through cover, and the guy and cover weren't highlighted in red).

I actually got into an argument with the XCOM thread about that skill when I was playing WotC a couple months ago because the thread was so used to how they know it works and I was going off of how it's displayed :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sniper4625 posted:

To be quite honest I've played a ton of Xcom and never built a mimic beacon, so I entirely understand how they're continuing to miss it.

I've never even used the specialty grenades so this is a whole new world of opportunity for me if I do another playthrough :lol:

Really hoping they get bluescreen rounds soon, those were super good for me in WotC once more robots started showing up in the advent troops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bremen posted:

That said, Bladestorm is heavily reliant on anticipating what the enemies will do (if you know they'll run up and try to melee your soldier, etc) which requires knowing the enemy AI pretty well - so I think you made the right choice considering your level of experience with the game.

Bladestorm triggers on any enemy action in your melee range so you can run up and stab something that won't die from it and then if they try to shoot you you'll attack them again before they fire, which opens up a lot of options regarding action efficiency. If you can finish your turn in cover from other enemies it's a really good way to take a higher health pool enemy out.

Obviously you have to weigh the risk of one of the attacks missing but :xcom:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 14, 2019