Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I don't know how helpful line-by-lining the budget is going to be if that's not going to be something that clicks for you, so let's start at the end. There's 12 months in the year, you want to pay off $2000 and save $4000. So, that's $6000 over the course of the year. $6000 divided by 12 months is $500 a month. This all makes sense so far, yeah?

Rent, water, electricity, internet, phone -- $600 total(ish)
Food -- $450

That's only $1050, if we add in Savings (toward your goals) -- $500

That's only $1550, you've still got $300+ unaccounted for even after working toward the goal. Probably going to need to figure out where the rest of your money is going (my guess is that you underestimated your food budget because literally every human does that). Would it be possible to import your card activity for december to something like mint and then post the breakout here? I'm tremendously ignorant about dyscalculia, and i apologize--i'd be happy to restate anything that doesn't make sense/work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

coolusername posted:

Filling issue but fortunately insurance should cover most. I'm just gonna sulk. I'm still above water so ten points for not going shopping, right? I haven't bought any random unnecessary poo poo in ages.

Life throws poo poo at you all the time yeah, it’s okay to take pride in the small victories

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

gently caress yeah