Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

You seem to be doing well enough except for the lapses of discipline. What works to control that is different for everyone. When you were studying, what motivated you to put your head down in a book and learn? Can you adapt that to your financial situation?

When I work in China, my translator/carer/etc. makes me a lovely sachet coffee which includes both coffee and powdered milk. I imagine they’re quite cheap relative to Starbucks and whilst nowhere near as good, if the caffeine is what you’re after they may be a better option. I’d suggest avoiding cola, since I don’t remember seeing low sugar options very often.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, where are you that banned street markets? That seems crazy. I can’t imagine my weekend benders in Wuhan without nuclear-hot reganmian from some old lady with a street cart at 1:30am. poo poo’s addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

If you end up wanting something better than maybe an Aeropress is a reasonable middle-ground investment between quality for the effort

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Good on you for using the emergency fund savings to pay off the bill. Work to build that back up and keep hitting those goals. You’re doing well!

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

coolusername posted:

Filling issue but fortunately insurance should cover most. I'm just gonna sulk. I'm still above water so ten points for not going shopping, right? I haven't bought any random unnecessary poo poo in ages.
That's a really good outcome, considering, because it shows you're robust to these issues through discipline. Given that you'll not always have a collection of big issues like this, it means that you only need to stay the course for things to gradually improve. Any further improvement only accelerates that.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Well done! You’re making great progress.