Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Previous Years' Gay Abortions:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Mid-term, 2015, 2016 Mid-Term, 2016, 2017 Mid-term, 2017

Taking our cue from the Oscars this year, we will forgo getting a talented presenter for these awards. Taking our cue from the Oscars every year, women and people of color will be hugely overlooked with these awards, while white guys get all of the awards.

Without further ado, I present to you, the 2018 Worst of the Worst Gay Abortions.

Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon:

Garrison won this one with a whopping 49% of the vote here. The little touches really sell it, from the fetus surrounded by just the word kill, to "I see a way out", Garrisons acknowledgement that curiously, she hasn't been locked up, to saying that she is obssessed with Trump and he is living in her head, as Garrison obsesses with Hillary two years after her withdrawing from the public eye.

Of course, when it comes to obsessing about Hillary, Garrisons only competition is Garrison. Here we have Hillary desperately trying to get in the spotlight, as Garrison continues to draw comics about her years later.

McCoy takes the bronze here. Amazing how he still felt the need to devote a comic to an irrelevant woman.

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting)

We don't have the original artists name on file for this one, and quite frankly, after checking around and seeing where it would lead me, we are completely, 100% fine with that. Between calling Emma Gonzalez inhuman, blaming her for a madman with a gun trying to kill her and her classmates, and the posters in the back, this was an easy choice in a crowded year, winning 42.9% of the vote.

Meanwhile, Beeler thinks of the TRUE victims of school shootings - the organisation that profits off of them, encourages them, and blocks any and all attempts to stop them happening. WOn't somebody think of the group that is trying to sell Beeler a substitute for his malformed penis?

Garrison comes in with the Bronze, using the tried but true "Gun control represented as something horrible - a gun" theme.

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other)

Surely the xenophobic monsters Garrison voted for because they're xenophobic monsters wouldn't act like xenophobic monsters. Garrison wins 37.5% of the vote by telling us that the utterly inhuman attacks on migrants at the border was all faked for the cameras by the evil CNN, an angle I don't think any other dumb fucker thought up.

Ramirez runs a close second here, telling us that the bombs sent to CNN, Hillary, Obama, and Soros were all conjured out of the air by incivility. Yep, no blame to anyone specific, or looking at who keeps ranting and screaming about those victims, it was incivility that sent the bombs.

Branco takes third place by telling us that the worst fires in living memory in california are because the forests were TOO healthy. In a year where the Republican party purged all traces of reality from their messaging, its not too shocking to see that their cheerleaders are trying to convince us to disbelieve the basic facts.

Worst Obituary Cartoon:

Even by the low standards of Obituary cartoons, this one is probably the worst you could possibly get out of sheer lack of effort. Its to the point I had to actually google to try and figure out what the hell its even an obituary for. So, I can't really say Kirschen earned 33.9% of the vote, but he got it anyway. But, I will give Kirschen credit for at least giving us the symbol for Stoneman Douglas High's football team, the Giant Clueless Crazed Xenophobe. Go Genital Feasters!

You know you've got a great obituary when it comes explicitly against the wishes of the family, and its focus isn't even on the deceased. But, then again, if Branco doesn't care about alive women as anything other than objects, why would he care about dead ones any more?

Finally, bringing up the rear, we have Bells entry, from the "not evil, but incredibly misguided" category. I mean, loving hell, there is such a thing as too much respect, and that level tops out right around putting a man who came up with comic book characters as the man who fought and died for civil rights.

Worst Caricature:

Ugh. Mark Knight won this with 55.4% of the vote, as well as the full approval of his bosses, who claimed the cartoon wasn't racist at all. We assume that their editors gouged out their eyes years ago to avoid reading their own dreck, and so just reflexively said it was great.

Glenn McCoy, meanwhile, is about 6 tentacles shy of just screaming about the jewish conspiracy.

That Rall only managed third place in worst caricatures is a huge indictment on 2018

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:

Stantis, a man who can't string 2 goddamn words together to criticize Trump, has many things to say about why Sears is going out of business, and surprise, not one of them has a thing to do with the actual reasons. Maybe thats why he only got 28.1%

Say what you will about this cartoon, its still better than the Benedict Cumberbatch movie.

Branco continues his streak of also rans, by telling us the poopyhead eagles are really the stinkerbowl winners, which is also politics, for some reason. The point is, Branco found a mature way to deal with a team objecting to a President they view as bad.

Worst Label:

With JRROSE, its both quantity and quality of labels that delivers him this award every year, and 31.6% of the ote this year. Be it his newspaper headline paragraphs, labelling biden, or labelling the presidential race start, I'm just surprised he didn't have an arrow to bidens foot saying "foot"

Paynes love of bumper stickers shouldn't be counted out, either. Though labelling "left" and "right" wrong was a nice touch.

And then there's Ramirez, accidentally busting out his "DEBT" scribbling for a Republican. I honestly think he has no idea he's making it, his hand just reflexively scribbles out DEBT-toons.

Most Incomprehensible

With 29.8% of the vote, Steve Benson takes this one easily. Proving why Goons probably shouldn't be allowed to criticize over labelling quite as much, here we see a plurality of people being absolutely dumbfounded at the concept of seeing George Washington and being expected NOT to hate him.

Spoilers - its Melania's head.

A yes, the great divide of our time, Liberals, and "Behavior".

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:

The editors of the Herald Sun are shocked, absolutely shocked, by this turn of events. THey see no way that 26.3% of the voters could have said Mark Knights cartoon could be racist, as they are sure it was in no way racist.

As we all know the poem, it specifically says give us only the whitest norwegians you can spare.

Hey, remember how Dreamers aren't criminals by definition? Well, Delonas sure as gently caress pretends not to. Luckily, I bet this is the last time we see him this list.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon:

With 52.6% of the vote, is it any wonder that Kirschen pulls off the win in islamophobia? Its genuinely amazing he restrained himself enough to not give them fangs.

Electric fence, snipers, its all the same to Lester.

Kirschen again, with the most horrific and vile dad joke I have ever heard.

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon:

Stonetoss makes a triumphant debut on the awards with 43.9%. Although I do agree with other posters, this is pretty concealed, even if it is vile. All I know is, this new Thomas Was Alone sequel is terrible.

Prickly City may usually be boring, but sometimes, it can also be deeply, deeply terrible too. I honestly thought this one was going to win, but like all things with Prickly City, this strip and the arc it came from weren't bad enough to be really notable in this year.

Finally, there's this comic, but I seem to have forgotten the artists name.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon:

By the skin of his teeth, Branco takes a win on one with 28.1%. In the age of #MeToo, the takeaway is that women think all men, even their unborn sons, are rapists.

Lester, meanwhile, blunders in telling us that if we listen to women who were sexually abused, its just a matter of time before the lying harpies do something like accuse men who supported them of raping them. Branco might have beaten Lester on women, but I think we all agree, Lester does beat women.

A rape victim struggles to talk about being raped? Heh, clearly she's crazy and a liar.

Worst Rape Apologia

Everyone knew this was gonna win, it was just a question of how much. And at 73.7%, it won by MUCH! Delonas shows us that when you think about it, being questioned about your history of gang rape, thats the REAL gang rape.

Of course, that wasn't the only horrific take. Skelly shows us that Justice itself was raped by Democrats daring to question a rapist.

THe only entry on this list not about Kavanaugh, Garrison finally dropped all pretenses that Moore is not a pedophile, instead saying that Dems are dasgc for making a big deal out of pedophilia, and not for, gasp, having an AFFAIR. With SOMEONE YOU WORK WITH! Truly the worst thing a person could do.

Worst election cartoon

Also the worst metaphor cartoon, as Garrison admits Trump looks completely shitfaced. With 38.2% of the vote, Garrisons cheerleading for Trump even after being delivered a massive rebuke is just boring at this point.

Yes, GOP voters often wave the Honduras flag

Okay, I an understand the kid, since Kavanaugh basically proved you can have the temper of a toddler and still get rewarded for it.

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon:

48.2%

Most Easily Reinterpreted:

To this day I'm still not 100% sure this isn't a parody or an edit that somehow slipped in, but 47.4% of responders say its real, so who am I to judge?

Stonetoss here showing us a man with perfect vision, seeing through BS.

Cartoons like this really does show how something as simple as "Believing victims of sexual assault" can radically change your view of the world.

Most Willfully Dense:

Lester finally lands a win this year, with a perfect third of the vote. Yes, clearly, if he used to say "You're fired" to Dee Snyder, that makes it fine to try and fire the person who is investigating him for all of his crimes.

If you're going to pick a token, must it be the torturing one?

Lets see, two movies from before these kids were born, that are also rated R, 3 side characters, and a drunk. Why should black kids ever want more than that? MEanwhile., let me tell you about how Micheal B Jordan being cast as the Human Torch was a travesty....

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon:

Lester wins again, by the skin of his teeth with 34.5% to 32.8%. Also a very strong contender for worst butchering of a metaphor. Of course, swap the kid and the parent, and you might have a worthwhile point.

Branco narrowly misses the top spot here. "NO U" in comic form, he tells us that its actually global warming research that is incompatible with science,

Varvel, meanwhile, is trying to gaslight us bad. Goddamnit, Oh Bother is Pooh Bears catchphrase, not Eeyores. Oh and, qworkers didn't get a huge bonus you disingenuous poo poo. But mainly the wrong catchphrase thing.

Overall Worst Political Cartoon:

This one was kind of obvious after 6 seperate people tried to nominate it independently. In a year of poo poo, Delonas saying that rapists who are questoned are the REAL victims of gangrape is the worst thing 54.4% of you saw.

Of course, a proud defense of not opposing fascism is also loving atrocious. Still, good luck to this person in 2019, where I hope they enjoy getting shot in the head for not supporting Bolsonaro enough.

Branco, meanwhile, just yells at kids these days to get off his lawn.

Best Edit/Parody: ( NOTE - if one of these is yours, please PM me if you want your name added as the creator)

Part of me genuinely wonders how Garrison would react if we pretended this was one of his originals and tried to give him an award for it. Regardless, 35.1% of you think it was the best edit you had seen all year.

A take on a cartoon that half the thread found absolutely baffling, because the idea of respresenting an actor by their most famous character was simply unthinkable. Anhyway, a reminder that the Pulitzers are not a measure of talent, or ability, they are a measure of...we're still not sure, but it can't be that important.

And finally, a reference to a meme from early in the year. Yeah, that sounds about right for us.

And thats 2018. We hope you enjoyed it, because given the crop we've already seen of 2019, its going to be even worse. UNtil then, see you later.

Repository for the 2018 mid-years nominations, Repository for the end-of-year Nominations

Its that time of year again, to look over the worst of the worst, or the thread that looks at the worst way to express the worst opinions. 2018 was a Wonderful Great Average Mediocre Tolerable Year, so lets end 2018 by celebrating political cartoons, because we all have deep seated emotional problems.

Changes:

Wildifes has been rolled into Other, leaving us with worst tragedy (Shooting), and worst tragedy (Other). In addition, Red Wave and Minimizing Blue Wave were both rolled in to worst election cartoon.

Rules and Suggestions:
Standard D&D rules apply.
For discussions about current politics not related to the Awards, please take it to the regular Political Cartoons Thread.
Please only post cartoons from the options given in the post below. If you want to try and late submit an entry, PM me first, or it will not be counted.
Post only one voting post. Any future cartoon you would like to submit should be edited into that post.
Only submit one vote per category.
Unlike the Nominations thread, submitting the same cartoon someone else already submitted actually WILL do something.

Template for voting
code:
[b]Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting)[/b]

[b]Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other)[/b]

[b]Worst Obituary Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Worst Caricature:[/b]

[b]Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Worst Label:[/b]

[b]Most Incomprehensible[/b]

[b]Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Worst Rape Apologia[/b]

[b]Worst election cartoon[/b]

[b]Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Most Easily Reinterpreted:[/b]

[b]Most Willfully Dense:[/b]

[b]Worst Gaslighter Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Overall Worst Political Cartoon:[/b]

[b]Best Edit/Parody:[/b]
Just include the entrant you wish to vote for beneath each header, either with the letter, or with the cartoon itself.

Please God, when will it just end?

Voting will last until 23:59:59 on the tenth of January, so get in ASAP. At the end, all votes will be tallied, and a winner for every category will be declared.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f. :nws::nws:

g.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

k.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

_____

Worst Obituary Cartoon:

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

_____

Worst Caricature:

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

k.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

_____

Worst Label:

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

_____

Most Incomprehensible

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

k.

l.

m.

n.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

_____

Worst Rape Apologia

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

_____

Worst election cartoon

a.

b.

c.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

k.

l.

m.

_____

Most Willfully Dense:

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

_____

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

_____

Best Edit/Parody:

a.

b.

c.

d.

e.

f.

g.

h.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 4, 2019

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: E

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) C

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) C :fuckoff:

Worst Obituary Cartoon: B

Worst Caricature: F

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: C (Garrison is REALLY getting my picks this year...)

Worst Label: G

Most Incomprehensible B

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: H

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon: D

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: H

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: C

Worst Rape Apologia D

Worst election cartoon C

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: J

Most Easily Reinterpreted: A

Most Willfully Dense: C

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: E

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: F

Best Edit/Parody: H

Dear lord I got to see most of these fresh and boy oh boy...

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: C

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting): D

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other): C

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: G

Worst Label: D

Most Incomprehensible E

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: A

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon: B

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: A

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: D

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon C

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: A

Most Easily Reinterpreted: C

Most Willfully Dense: D

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: F

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: B

Best Edit/Parody: B

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 4, 2019

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A

D

C

Worst Obituary Cartoon:

F

Worst Caricature:

F

E

Worst Label:

F

Most Incomprehensible

F

A

A

C

C

Worst Rape Apologia

D

Worst election cartoon

C

J

A

Most Willfully Dense:

H

B

F

Best Edit/Parody:

B

Yea, thanks for making me relive those winners. Ugh

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ambitious Spider posted:

Yea, thanks for making me relive those winners. Ugh

Sorry, did you click on this thread expecting uplifting and well made political cartoons?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: A

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) D

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) C

Worst Obituary Cartoon: C

Worst Caricature: K

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: F

Worst Label: E

Most Incomprehensible E

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: A

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon B

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: I

Most Willfully Dense: F

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: G

Best Edit/Parody: A

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 3, 2019

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
a
d
d
Worst Obituary Cartoon:
d
Worst Caricature:
k
g
Worst Label:
g
Most Incomprehensible
c
f
d
h
e
Worst Rape Apologia
a
Worst election cartoon
c
a
c
Most Willfully Dense:
j
f
g
Best Edit/Parody:
f

Edit: removed comment about incorrect comics

Colander Crotch fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 3, 2019

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: G

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting): E

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other): A

Worst Obituary Cartoon: D

Worst Caricature: E

Most Incomprehensible: D

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: L

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: B

Worst Rape Apologia: D

Worst election cartoon: C

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: H

Most Willfully Dense: E

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: E

Best Edit/Parody: C

Hachi machi, there were some hard choices here. Pretty much every bigotry category had like 3 strong contenders.

FYI, I'm pretty sure E under the Obituary category is an edit, and A and F are in-category duplicates in the Laziest section.

Raised By Birds fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 3, 2019

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Sorry, did you click on this thread expecting uplifting and well made political cartoons?

heh, no I just had forgotten how garbage some of them were.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Colander Crotch posted:

a (Note: A and F are the same comic, and h might be wrong)

As far as I can tell its not. The poster already had submitted a Bigotry (LGBT) entry, and I can't think of what other category they intended it for.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Heads up for those who already voted, double check your Laziest choice. If it was F or after, the letter changed now that the duplicate's gone.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Raised By Birds posted:

Heads up for those who already voted, double check your Laziest choice. If it was F or after, the letter changed now that the duplicate's gone.

Its fine, I already counted those votes and added them to the tally, so I just moved their votes over to the now appropriate entries.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Its fine, I already counted those votes and added them to the tally, so I just moved their votes over to the now appropriate entries.

Then my edit was pointless. :v:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Raised By Birds posted:

Then my edit was pointless. :v:

Okay, so that WAS an edit on your part. Did you vote for Kirschen and the crying eye, or Stiglich and there being so much evidence against Kavanaugh that its blinding?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Okay, so that WAS an edit on your part. Did you vote for Kirschen and the crying eye, or Stiglich and there being so much evidence against Kavanaugh that its blinding?

The crying Pittsburgh eye.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) E

Worst Caricature: B

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: H

Most Incomprehensible F

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:K
This was a tough decision between this and the Serena Williams one but ultimately I've gotta go with the weight of racist sentiment over the pure image

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon: A
important to remember, this wasn't in response to like, Palestinans getting zapped by an electric fence, it was in response to Israeli army snipers shooting into a crowd of unarmed protesters

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon B

Most Easily Reinterpreted: I
2018 was truly a banner year for AGC

Most Willfully Dense: B

Pakled fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 4, 2019

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
A

C

A

Worst Obituary Cartoon:
F

Worst Caricature:
A

G

Worst Label:
G

Most Incomprehensible
E

G

A

H

D

Worst Rape Apologia
A

Worst election cartoon
B

I

A

Most Willfully Dense:
A

D

F

Best Edit/Parody:
F

Wish I could vote a runner up for parody/edit comic because H is also a good one. Also it was really hard not to just vote for that Delonas Donkey rape comic every time it came up. Delonas should really get his own category next time since every comic of his is just so loving vile in content and presentation.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) gotta go with B, the He He Silly one was SUPER awful but I feel like its awfulness was less about the shooting per se and more about the artist being a fuckin nazi

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: C

Worst Label: C

Most Incomprehensible B

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: A, narrowly edging out the Serena Williams one

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: B

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: F

Worst Rape Apologia C

Worst election cartoon C

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: A

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

D

C

D

Worst Obituary Cartoon:

C

Worst Caricature:

E

B

Worst Label:

G

Most Incomprehensible

B

H

C

B

F

Worst Rape Apologia

C

Worst election cartoon

A

C

I

Most Willfully Dense:

A

B

C

Best Edit/Parody:

D

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: A, All choices are very good, but Garrison is the queen for me.

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) D. I mean…jesus Christ.

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) A, on the grounds that Ramirez hasn’t given a solution. Just a lot of complaining.

Worst Obituary Cartoon: C. Because Dry Bones is always so bad at this.

Worst Caricature: F. So racist. Rall’s Kamala is my second choice though

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: H. JRRose deserves this award every year because it’s always so drat kitschy.

Worst Label: F. Come on Payne!

Most Incomprehensible E. Each of them have some comprehension to them, but Benson’s does not offer any kind of merit or asking questions.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: N. Right-O!

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon: D. Dry Bones, again, deserves this.

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: H. Stonetoss always grinds my girdle, but this one doubly so.

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: F. gently caress Branco

Worst Rape Apologia A. That Delonas is a dumpster fire.

Worst election cartoon C. I know I shouldn’t put Garrison on here a lot, but that one was the worst one for sure, knowing what we know now.

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: A. But the Ramirez is a close second

Most Easily Reinterpreted: C. Yes Gary, that’s exactly what we need. AGC

Most Willfully Dense: D. Drunk Duck.

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: G. I’m giving this to Rall, since he seems to be a constant Gaslighter

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: F. That Delonas will give me nightmares.

Best Edit/Parody: F. though the mike lester jokes never cease to make me giggle.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting): C

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other): C

(a special “gently caress you” to the shithead who made this from the entire state of Iowa, you loving piece of poo poo)

Worst Label: F

Most Incomprehensible: C

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: F

Worst Rape Apologia: A

Worst election cartoon: A

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: C

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: D

Best Edit/Parody: D

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Worst Label: G

Most Incomprehensible: A

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: I

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: E

Worst Rape Apologia: A

Worst election cartoon: C

Most Willfully Dense: E

Best Edit/Parody: F

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
F

D

D

Worst Obituary Cartoon:
F

Worst Caricature:
F

D

Worst Label:
A

Most Incomprehensible
E

N

D

B

F

Worst Rape Apologia
A

Worst election cartoon
C

C

D

Most Willfully Dense:
B

F

F

Best Edit/Parody:
F

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) B

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) D

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: E

Most Incomprehensible B

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon A

Most Easily Reinterpreted: I

Most Willfully Dense: H

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: D

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) E

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) A

Worst Caricature: K

Most Incomprehensible B

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: A

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon B

Most Willfully Dense: D

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) B

Stock character copy-pasted onto white background, include text to celebrate mourn this week's senseless gun deaths, annnnnnnd done!

Worst Caricature: C

Left on right, right on left, it's like the FedEx arrow; my brain can't focus on anything else and it bothers me

Most Incomprehensible E

Goddamn, gently caress Dry Bones, when is the racist bastard finally going to die/retire

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: D

Worst Rape Apologia A
Goddamn, Delonas

Worst election cartoon C

REAL tough choice between this and F

Most Willfully Dense: J

Best Edit/Parody: D
I missed this one in the thread, this is great

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Most Incomprehensible C

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: K

Worst Rape Apologia D

Worst election cartoon C

Most Willfully Dense: I

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 4, 2019

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) C

Worst Obituary Cartoon: E

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: E (agles!)

Worst Label: B

Most Incomprehensible B

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon C

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: E

Best Edit/Parody: G

Everything was terrible, but I guess these would be the ones I'd toss into the shredder first.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
G

C

C

Worst Obituary Cartoon:
F

Worst Caricature:
F

D

Worst Label:
D

Most Incomprehensible
F

F

D

A

C

Worst Rape Apologia
A

Worst election cartoon
B

I

C

Most Willfully Dense:
C

F

B

Best Edit/Parody:
B

Man, Garrison had a strong year, strong contenders in most categories.

Sailor Jerry
May 28, 2013
Pillbug

Worst Obituary Cartoon: F

Most Incomprehensible E

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: C
Branco's Kanye entry was close for me, but I don't expect Prickly to go for a cheap racist laugh

Worst Rape Apologia D

Worst election cartoon A

Ramirez literally typed a word in a standard font and didn't even center it or place it in the middle of the panel.

Best Edit/Parody: C
Subtle edit, looks like the real thing.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

G

C

A

Worst Obituary Cartoon:
C

Worst Caricature:
C

F

Worst Label:
C

Most Incomprehensible
F

H

A

A

D

Worst Rape Apologia
A

Worst election cartoon
C

A

C

Most Willfully Dense:
B

F

F

Best Edit/Parody:
F

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: G

_____

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting): B

_____

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other): A

_____

_____

_____

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: E

_____

Worst Label: A

_____

Most Incomprehensible: B

_____

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: Hard to pick, jesus. A

_____

_____

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: G

_____

_____

Worst Rape Apologia: D

_____

Worst election cartoon: A

_____

_____

_____

Most Willfully Dense: A

_____

_____

_____

Best Edit/Parody: F

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
I haven't followed the politoons thread much this year and it has only done me good. But the gaybies is the gaybies so here goes:

A

B

C

Worst Obituary Cartoon:
F

Worst Caricature:
F

D

Worst Label:
F

Most Incomprehensible
F

H

D

D

F

Worst Rape Apologia
A

Worst election cartoon
A

J

C

Most Willfully Dense:
F

F

B

Best Edit/Parody:
D

The Copper Kaiser fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 5, 2019

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) A

Most Incomprehensible C

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon B

Most Willfully Dense: G

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

A

C

A

Worst Obituary Cartoon:

D

Worst Caricature:

B

C

Worst Label:

G

Most Incomprehensible

A

D

A

H

C

Worst Rape Apologia

A

Worst election cartoon

B

I

I

Most Willfully Dense:

B

F

F

Best Edit/Parody:

H

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: g

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) d

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) c

Worst Obituary Cartoon: c

Worst Caricature: f

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: f

Worst Label: d

Most Incomprehensible a

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: h

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon: d

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: a

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: f

Worst Rape Apologia a

Worst election cartoon b

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: c

Most Easily Reinterpreted: g

Most Willfully Dense: b

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: e

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: f

Best Edit/Parody: f

And after wading through all of that, it's fitting that I posted F so many times, because I'm dead and I need you all to pay respects.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Copper Kaiser posted:

Worst Obituary Cartoon:
E

count_von_count posted:

Worst Obituary Cartoon: E

Heads up, you two, the Krauthammer Obituary is an edit of a 2013 comic, not actually Branco's Krauthammer obituary*. So I need you two to pick again for that category.

*As a side note, that none of us caught that is a giant indictment of his stuff.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 4, 2019

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Worst Caricature: E

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: D

Worst Label: B

Most Incomprehensible A

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: D

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: F

Worst Rape Apologia A

Worst election cartoon C

Most Easily Reinterpreted: G

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Worst Can't Let Hillary Go Cartoon: a

Worst cartoon about a Tragedy (Mass shooting) d

Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy (Other) b

Worst Obituary Cartoon: c

Worst Caricature: f (k wins Best Caricature And Also Best Representation Of My Worldview)

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: e

Worst Label: d

Most Incomprehensible e

Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: f

Least Concealed Bigotry (Islamophobia) in a Cartoon: d

Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: d

Least Concealed Bigotry (Misogyny) in a Cartoon: f

Worst Rape Apologia a

Worst election cartoon a

Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: i (Honestly at this point I think we should just give this "Here is a picture of all of the Thing: [blank space]" gag a Lifetime Achievement Award of its own and award other, more innovative forms of laziness. Also it's a shame g didn't make it into the LGBT category, that would have been a strong contender)

Most Easily Reinterpreted: i

Most Willfully Dense: c

Worst Gaslighter Cartoon: e

Overall Worst Political Cartoon: f

Best Edit/Parody: f