Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Shazam was weird, I want to give it a few more issues but it felt like they're trying to ape some parts of Miracle Man without understanding why it needed to be as hosed up as it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Far Sector is exactly what I want from a GL comic, it's a cop story but also weird and alien without needing LSD like Morrison's recent run.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm trying to like Titans Academy but do people really give a poo poo about Red X?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Not just Flash but a Wally West Flash.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There was just a weird digital only super sons run, it wasn't told in order due to time travel stuff.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think in the show Red X was Robin working with Deathstroke and gave up the identity once he re-joined the Titans.

Then someone mysterious got the suit who sounded exactly like Robin shows up and they fight a few times.

Then the show got cancelled and the much better Go version came out.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wasn't that a Go short?

Regardless, it was dumb mystery then and a really dumb mystery in the comic now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Is there gonna be more Far Sector? It's weird good space stuff that happens to have a green lantern.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I liked the Roy Harper reveal at the end of Infinite Frontier.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what Superman reminded me of in Superman and the Authority until it hit me.

He's Tom Strong now lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Justice League is really bad, I only read it for the JL Dark parts.

Is JL Dark getting its own monthly any time soon? It being shoehorned behind the main JL comic feels really insulting.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Nightwing and flash are both great this week.

Seconding this. I thought they'd drag out the Heatwave stuff but instead resolved in (in Flash at least) very well and Nightwing was just drat good.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Third act? Don't they only have one issue left?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought I missed an issue with Suicide Squad since it jumped from the Superboy reveal.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought Lois was a brainiac at first because she was green in the first few panels of her appearance, made sense to me in a "she'd be part brainiac to live as long as Clark."

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Future state is still happening if that bad black and white gotham comic is anything to go on.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

2 I think? There was dark metal and then future state?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Far Sector is loving awesome and I was trying to get all my friends to ready it. An actual GL comic where they're allowed to be a space , the ring isn't the deus ex win button, and the aliens are really alien?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Boy, business picked up in the latest DC vs. Vampires.

Yeah, though I am confused how Superman was turned, based on their powers.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I thought Far Sector was a cooler GL story than whatever Morrison did for his GL book.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nonsense, there are no green lantern fans. There are only hal jordan fans.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I don't know what the hell is going on in that universe (White Knight) except they're doing a weird version of future state and batman beyond.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Speaking of Wayne family adventures, the recent Jason 2 parter was really good.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

They should've made it so she's stuck in her little world, the tv show, then never rescued.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Wasn't Superman's design based on circus strongmen? That's a fun callback if so.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think the batman flashpoint was supposed to come out after dark crisis.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Flash and Nightwing ruled.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's an interesting way to get the secret identity back. I didn't hate it but it felt rushed.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It rules and I've enjoyed every entry.

The vampire one on the other hand kinda ended on a wet fart. It started strong too.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

What's Black Canary up to these days?

I think the latest plot point is she's looking for green arrow after dark crisis.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Cassa posted:

Batman: Fortress ended with a wet thud, did Whitta not realised he only had 8 issues?

Honestly feels like he was building up to something, then rushed an ending for a sequel that may never happen.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm fine with Alfred staying dead if we get more scenes like in Nightwing 100, force the bat family to talk to each other for once.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Also, that the same arc where Beast Boy and Cyborg are supposedly so heavily injured, they have to share a body (and then get a workaround where Beast Boy basically projects himself so they're not talking/acting with the same body). And then that's promptly forgotten about and it's as though they were never frankenstein'd together in the first place.

I thought that was part of the failed future line that dark crisis or whatever prevented.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Jon meeting Injustice Supes sounds like it could be fun.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The war storyline in Flash right now is pretty cool.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He's not as fast but does help in the latest issue.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

The new Superman run so far is cool, neat idea that he has to fight Lex's enemies.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Current wild cats has her being a kid that hulks out, it's a neat comic.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'd suggest reading #2 which came out yesterday.

lol yeah, that owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Flash was pretty great too! Fun resolution to the speedster war.