Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a guy being smart is the same as omniscience, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the cave has been destroyed so many times that batman has definitely had to get a replacement robot t-rex before. the penny is probably more durable. it only gets weird when you figure in the costume cases of dead robins, none of whom are currently dead. but he still replaces the display each time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was expecting some outsider nonsense, tbh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I guess I'm not sure... what even happened? Pariah was just... crazy, I guess? And so the Great Darkness wasn't anything... or it was? Where did he get all that power? The Gentry was an agent of Pariah? I guess? He kinda got what he wanted in the end - the return of the Infinite Earths - so, like... what was all the evil chains and poo poo for?

I think there were a lot of great moments in a not-so-great event. The full crux of it is just a mess, though. Maybe because it took sooooo long between issues.

i think the idea is that pariah was sort of crazy and tapped into a tiny fraction of the great darkness, which was not aware or concerned with anything that was going on. but since he had access to the power and is crazy he ascribed intent that wasn't there to it. except he was actually completely successful in his stated goal of restoring the infinite multiverse somehow?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they should go back to the classics. cyborg outsider, wraparound sunglasses outsider, hip 90's teen outsider, and power armor outsider. none of them are actually alfred.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe read the good comics first and then if you feel like it go back later for the bad ones like anything countdown related.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought batman playing 5d chess against himself and losing was very entertaining.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao @ ra's al ghul obd. ra's is right, he was always right, and if he managed to get batman out of the way he could purge the oligarchs and save the world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
like sure, that's a really goofy expression, but that's just how people look when they ride a kangaroo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i remember there was one intensely strange poster here who was completely obsessed with red hood & the outlaws.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i get what it is going for, at least. bruce is very much not well, but even if he was less traumatized and haunted by zurr en arrh, he still wouldn't be cool with all of the violent criminals switching to non-violent crime. he's only cool with white collar crime and vigilantism, after all. but it's still a bit much how he is basically incapable of communicating with anyone about anything. not just unwilling, that's a common enough scenario because batman's a jerk, but unable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, it was always weird.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
didn't it end, and then willingham went back and started again from a certain point to change it? so there's two completely different versions of chapter 80 or whatever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ah, thanks for clarifying. i certainly wasn't going to read fables to figure it out myself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it makes the latest true secret origin of gotham nonsense in detective look like a masterpiece.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the nonviolent thief training would have been a great idea if they had all taken a quick score as a method to get the gently caress out of gotham. there's always going to be an immortal caveman hunting for meteorites or some such bullshit there. no one ever gets out of gotham, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the henchpeople still standing are the ones that are not literally incapable of standing because batman crippled them. so, a lot of them are probably some combination of cautious, agile and lucky.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a really funny premise

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
outsiders is trying really hard to be planetary but i don't think it is working.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
punchline's thing is that she is incredibly smart and charismatic, but only off-panel. on-panel, she's just kind of tedious and unpleasant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
objectivism, i think.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i tried to put a positive spin on it for as long as i could. but nah, it's a total dud.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not such a big deal. i mean, i'm sure kiteman already knows too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
introducing new human green lanterns and then abandoning them entirely in favor of hal is standard practice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
at least batman and robin is good. it completely ignores what is going on in batman and detective, which helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
right now batman is already doing at least three separate and mutually exclusive continuities that are still in the mainline. adding a few more will be fine, probably.