Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Scuba Trooper posted:

Please explain the "explode" part.

*cracks open Hoopla app*
I stand corrected! During "Nightwing: The New Order," in which Lois Lane uses a Blue Lantern ring, she blasts her way out of a locked room after declaring, "I'm all will." Later, standing up against a Green Lantern, she says, "You're forgetting how these rings work, John," before causing an explosion and commencing beam/shield fighting with him. I thought there was a self-sacrificing element to a boom by the end, but no. In this case, Xelkelvos, maybe I don't know how the rings work, either! In all other GL comics, the Blues are the ultimate buff for their Green friends.

Open Marriage Night, you are correct, Blue Lanterns can calm down Reds' anger and even enable them to remove their ring without dying (Red Lanterns cannot remove their ring without dying). See also, "Red Lanterns: Futures End," in which Blue Lantern Guy Gardner is on a mission to de-ring the entire Red corps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Xelkelvos posted:

They got better I believe.

They just got nuked again along with all of the other corps though

At one point there was an attempt to seek out new Blues but Dr. Manhattan was literally suppressing all hope in the universe.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Gripweed posted:

I’m only reading Poison Ivy but I’m pretty sure it’s better than Fantastic Four.

Going strictly by first volumes, it's a close race, but FF volume two loses a little steam. Looking forward to Poison Ivy's follow-up based on your sentiment. Enjoying both series but I can see where Ivy could overtake it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

On the flip side, over in Batman: The Adventures Continue, Harley helps Batman track down one of her exes, who turns out to also be Bruce's AND Harvey's ex.

Ivy catches wind of the escapade after the fact, and Harley changes the subject.