Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Noob Saibot posted:

It’s good

+1, DC Infinite is worlds better than Marvel Unlimited

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Mr Hootington posted:

There were too many batman related books in 1993

Worse than it is now? Seems like 80% of current DC titles are bat-family

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Did anyone else’s LCS just not get the new Batman issue this week?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
wow I just read 52 for the first time and that blew all my expectations out of the water. I’d read Gotham Central and O’Neil’s Question run right before so obviously loved that storyline. Everything with Ralph Dibny was fantastic too

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
between seven soldiers, animal man, and 52 i think i'm set to start final crisis. any other recommended storylines before reading?

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Jiro posted:

Read whatever issues had a roided up Superboy Prime fighting in some arena combat poo poo, with wonderful lines like "I'LL KILL YOU TO DEATH"!!!!

Who caused that? Captain Atom but like wearing some containment armor or something?

Sounds like that might be Countdown Arena? Some of the countdown stuff sounds incredibly shlocky so I'm kind of here for it. Superboy-Prime was also really fun in Sinestro Corps War

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Planning to read it in Omnibus format, which AFAIK includes all relevant tie-ins. I actually just read the Alpha Lanterns stuff a few nights ago & read Morrison's Batman a year-ish ago. I'm open to reading the stuff that's more complementary/beneficial vs essential for the event, so will probably check out DC One Million, Rock of Ages and at least a few storylines from Kirby's Fourth World.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Really enjoyed Knight Terrors: Joker. That and Poison Ivy seem to have the best premise out of this weeks knight terror stuff.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Is Infinity Inc any good/worth reading? I just finished the second JSA volume and really enjoyed it, and it seems like a lot of the legacy members were featured heavily in it. I think I also saw that it’s where Mister Bones first started showing up.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?

Lucifunk posted:

I was catching up with my DC books in their app this weekend, and Knight Terrors has such bizarre timing. The last issue of Joker was held back 2 months, and all the new books had to dive into an event on like issue 2 or 3 of their series right out of the gate. Those issues would have been fine as annuals or something.

It made no sense to me that they did this hugely disruptive event in the middle of the launch of Dawn of DC. Also why they did a spooky event in the middle of summer and not, like, Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
how much of waller's team from the end of dark crisis been revealed or expanded upon at this point? not sure if i've seen anyone other than peacemaker & peacewrecker at this point