Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
In one of the recent Spider-Man cartoons they changed Miles's name to Kid Arachnid, and I think it happened around the same time as comic Miles wanting to change his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Heroes in Crisis is really bout to do that bullshit huh.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Mr Hootington posted:

Please post spoilers. I am laughing and rolling in this hog poo poo.

Booster realizes that Wally's body is five days older than it should be through...RNA analysis? Implying that he's in some part involved in the mass slaughter of all these superheroes.
Also this might be more of a personal gripe, but the way King writes Harley is incredibly insufferable. It feels like she has the mentality of a child, and it feels creepy when paired with the way Clay Mann draws women.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Nessus posted:

Maybe that's gonna be the entire twist, a formal validation that It's Okay To Get Help. In which case I'm glad but how many stiffs do you need to communicate this concept?

I feel like it'd be hard to stick that landing when some of the confessionals seem almost mocking and also everyone getting help was murdered.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Full disclosure, I loved the Orca/Croc baby/wedding subplot in Injustice, it was pretty cute.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Everyone I know who loves DC loves the Batman who Laughs and think it's just so cool how it's Batman and Joker but fused together. And now he's like Venom in the 90s where everyone gets a turn.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I’ve been unironically enjoying DCeased, it’s not trying too hard to be overly dark despite the dark story, just a fun Bad End alt universe untouched by the poppy hands of the dark multiverse.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

TwoPair posted:

Tom Taylor really does know how to make a dystopia/kill-em-all story work, doesn't he?

So regarding the end to DCeased, I thought that what Zombie Wonder Woman was implying at the end was that Cyborg's life was tied to the virus' life and that his death would be the cure, but then she tears his head off and nothing happens. Was I misreading something? What was the cure?

I read it as he had the potential to develop a cure inside him or had some kind of antibody, which is why she dumped him and the lasso down the pit.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I was pleasantly surprised by the Dark Multiverse Blackest Night. It wasn’t nearly as grimdark edgy as I expected.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Darth Nat posted:

Yeah, BatO really turned things around once it started focusing on the team and less on the new OCs.

Also, I haven't really been following the DCeased stuff, but this cover for the new spinoff starting next year caught my eye for a very specific reason:

While it probably takes place before the arks take off, I like to think Damien specifically left Jason Todd there.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Dawgstar posted:

I feel like that's happened in comics before. Like specific examples, but I can't remember them.

Literally happened in the Justice League cartoon. John Stewart goes to the future and finds out he and Hawkgirl have a kid together. Later in the series when she finds out it helps them mend their relationship.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't they get together before that? This one from what TwoPair said felt more out of nowhere.

They did, but at the end of Justice League they broke it off after Hawkgirl’s doublecross. The way they were brought back together felt way more natural compared to how Justice League sounds, but I haven’t read it so no idea if there was even a hint of them being together before that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

FilthyImp posted:

The triangle with Vixen gets resolved pretty well, doesn't it?

I don't think there was a definitive resolution in the show, but after a point her and Hawkgirl becomes good friends and it's pretty much a friendly rivalry.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

A preview of what's going to happen with 5g and Wally. Big spoilers: DC REVEALS EPIC, GAME-CHANGING PLANS FOR FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2020

They really are going full Hal Jordan/Parallax with Wally on this one. Infinite Godlike power and a driving need to change the universe to a version he prefers.

Why must he suffer.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Missed opportunity not retconning Hal's full name to Halcyon

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

BrianWilly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkk7RracXCQ
this got recommended to me on Youtube so now you all have to see it too.

I'm amazed at how terminally uncool BatJoker is, like a parody of himself.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

FilthyImp posted:

It's an excuse to have MeanBatman that fulfills all the "With enough time and planning Batman can beat Goku!" memes from Infinite Crisis era DC.

They're lucky they struck gold with that poo poo because it's the perfect band-aid to getting rid of Gen5.

I at least like that they had fun with that video

But that’s the worst part of Batman! And I wanted a few Jonathan Kent as Superman stories :argh:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like how fast Doc Manhattan went from a reality shattering presence in the DC Universe to Green Lantern Ring+

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Father Wendigo posted:

What are the odds that it all ends up being written off as a simulation Doc had created in a snow globe?

I can’t see that happening since retcons like that are usually reserved for characters they give a poo poo about.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I never got the whole Batdick thing. Wasn’t it in a black label comic anyways? Just show us his dick we know he’s got it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

JordanKai posted:

Oof, can't say I'm a fan of this. The complete lack of variation in line weight and the shadows all being multiply layers without colour variation doesn't make for appealing art. It looks like a frame of animation from one of Netflix's shoddy assembly line animated shows like Paradise P.D. rather than actual cover art. Does it have something to do with Rooster Teeth's Camp Camp show? I can't imagine what the connection would be otherwise.

I like the hair, though.

Robin Eisenberg just has that kind of style, it's actually really popular outside of mainstream comics. I know it can look a little flat, but I think it dips into the graphic art side of things enough to pull it off. As far as connections go Roosterteeth has been putting out RWBY comics through DC, so this tie-in comic could be coming from that department?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Didn't Darkseid say he was gonna hit Batman with "THE DEATH THAT IS LIFE" when he zapped him into the past, or was that retroactively added in the trade?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
But hey Red X is there, they're finally capitalizing on the popularity of Teen Titans (2003).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The Joker literally telling Batman his character archetype, which includes 'the devil', is one of the lamest things I've ever seen. Go play with your katanas, loser.