Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did Bendis ever reveal what shocked Peter so much when he looked up 616 Miles Morales on the Internet?

Yes, he found nothing. The original 616 Miles was a former lieutenant of Kingpin and scrubbed himself from the Internet when he retired. It was dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Archyduchess posted:

That miniseries was like the best and worst of Bendis

the ending was definitely top notch, the rest of the series, eh. Though it does set up his last issue of Jessica Jones a bit.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jiro posted:

And being a giant turtle kaiju.

I'm still waiting for them to address this in some way on Supergirl.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I liked the exchange between Babs and Kate.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

DC just seems incapable of letting a Supergirl comic tell its own stories. The current series has spent the past two years dicking around on the periphery of what's going on in I guess Superman and it really hurts. The show adjacent status quo they gave her in Rebirth was a solid foundation for some good stories, and they tossed it out without ever really doing much with it. It probably doesn't help that I don't read much DC these days so all the hooks into the wider world just leave me confused.

Really the only positive I have is that Krypto is an extremely good dog, 14/10 would space road trip with in an instant,

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Skwirl posted:

All of Tom Taylor's Marvel work is top notch.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was a delight.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nessus posted:

Really the most prescient part of it is that he used a cheap jumble of his actual name. That's if Dracula was nominated as Surgeon-General and he was just Dr. Vlad Acula.
I always bounce off Dell Rusk being an anagram because Dean Rusk was an actual person, so it just sounds like a play in his name.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

And the most recent Batgirl had... wait for it... JOKER COMING TO HER APARTMENT IT IS LIKE THE KILLING JOKE YOU GUYS.

I'm still not sure what to think about that issue. I get that the point was "look, this time Babs was in control the whole time." but like, you could just not go back to that well, it's cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Am I crazy or did Batgirl today get the ages of the Gordon siblings wrong? Babs is older than Junior right? Also, the way Luke Fox kept calling her Babes drove me up the wall. I'd say I hope somebody got fired for those blunders, but they probably already did.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

The last Batgirl was really kinda good.

I got a chuckle over the new CW Batwoman making an appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm fairly certain Krypto is dead for this and this is basically one big revenge thing now for Kara. Also the main character that isn't supergirl is way too loving wordy. Jesus gently caress.

It was made all the more worse because the book stubbornly refused to say what happened to Krypto, to a degree that I literally check to make sure I hadn't missed an issue of the series. I like the art on that book, but I'm really doubting I'm going to keep up with it for all eight issues.