Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Con we forbid Tom King from writing anything but Batman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Issy posted:

Con we forbid Tom King from writing anything but Mister Miracle and Vision? 

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

God Damnit Tom.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I reiterate:
God Damnit Tom!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

What happened now.

It just bears repeating.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I would actually like to see Superboy prime going all Zen and refuse to involve himself in anything ever again.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Id be willing to read that as long as they keep Tom King away from Batman and Wally West.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'm liking death metal, if only for 2 reasons: the Metalverse map is amazing and it looks like the setting of a killer tabletop RPG.
And everything is SO hosed that the heroes have basically gone into complete gallows humor. It is the best.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I really liked the "Flash triple hug".

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

In the scene where Mera unlocks some Atlantean doodad, she uses a bead of sweat to provide the water needed for it to kick into gear.

Aquamomoa goes "I could have just peed on it"

Aw come on like YOU weren't thinking that too. We all were.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

If anything, Death Metal was worth it for this.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Has Conner Kent ever shown himself to be as smart as his bald father? Because he kinda should be, he is a clone (half of one anyway, and superman is also supersmart), after all...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

But that's kinda the thing, Conner isn't a child of then, he is a clone.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

TwoPair posted:

It told one good story which was pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois Lane having their son and then after arriving in the N52 raising him while staying largely out of world events with Superman going out in a covert black suit to help certain events that he recognizes from his past play out differently in this essentially new world, like saving Hank Henshaw so he never becomes Cyborg Superman. Or at least, I thought it was neat.

And then DC did their rebirth thing where they said "What? No, that's not a separate Superman, they're the same and always have been, and we'll just smush those histories together and you shut up about it okay?"

I'm still wondering, if they fused the stories of Dad-Superman and Bro-Superman (You know as well as I do who is who in this scenario), does that mean that Superman had a very public affair with Wonder Woman??

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I think those are white pants...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I do like bro superman. He felt a bit more relatably human? Like, dad superman feels like someone who will sit down and give you the exact advice to fix your life, bro superman will sit down with you, share a few cans of beer and just commiserate with you.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I appreciate this a lot. Not the kawaii-ish Steph thing, but the multiple batgirls thing.

I do appreciate the kawaii-ish Steph

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Also, sorry Bendis promotes diversity very actively and dared to have Luke Cage marry a white woman?

Uhhh..
Is there something wrong in specific about Luke Cage marrying a white woman?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Technis imperative
Titans hunt
Attack of the Amazons, technically? Tho this was the 2003 teen titans
Insiders
Terra Incognito

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'd really like a DCUO like event. Massive super-empowering catastrophe and now both heroes and villains have to deal with there being thousands more super-people to deal with on all points of the morality chart, and what to do with that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Nobody gonna comment on the random puppy?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I love that bug in arkham asylum where you knock out thugs by punching them in the junk.

I love it even more that it not only didn't get patched out but replicated in every other arkham game, basically canonizing it into Batman's arsenal.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I don't know how to feel about this

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

N52 superman is younger, brasher, and a bit more relatable. He still is Good Guy supreme, but he at least feels like he would sit down with you for beers instead of giving you a warm cup of milk and sending you to bed.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Can we talk about how weird Romita JR's art gets? He used to have great artwork but over time it seems his own style got a bit TOO stylized and sometimes he gets sloppy and every character ends up with a square face and no emotion

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

The first chapter of the Joker raises a baby manga is out.

It is...wholesome? Wait that's not right...

Also, seeing Joker's inner dialogue is hilarious.
the fact that he uses his mad laughter to cover up that he's has no idea wtf to do next is genius

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'm not sure what's the :filez: rule about manga scanning sites? Not gonna link directly to it but the manga subreddit has a link.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Wait I thought the future of Batman was Batman Beyond?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Didn't the both of them date Tim at different times?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

site posted:

What is... bisexual...?

A person who is sexually, although not necessarily romantically, attracted to both sexes.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'm just very surprised people want Steph with anyone else, like, I thought her relationship with Tim was one of those things a lot people see as sacrosanct.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I just read Death Metal: Secret origin, which is basically about Superboy Prime and, well, it is what I wanted. Poor dude had been the entire DCU's laughingstock for decades, and a way for the editors to make fun of fanboys. Giving him a chance to live his own life for once? That's enough for me. I'm okay if he never shows up again.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

gently caress it I liked it. Just the right amount of dumb popcorn poo poo.

Also Lex Luther bemoaning his lack of hair and envying heavy metal clark's mane.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Duke's bizarre adventure.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Wonder Woman worked mostly because the future stuff was all but irrelevant. You could have done that in the regular WW title with Diana and very little would change.

Yeah but you couldn't ship Superman II with Brazillian Wonder Woman otherwise :V

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Nubia seems to be a more orthodox type of WW story so I'm looking forward to that along with Yara's adventures. The Midnighter backup story was fun if a little silly, though it's a bit odd that both it and the Mister Miracle backup involve paradoxes. The Superman of Warworld story is also fairly solid but could've probably have been done in the main canon in between larger, interconnected arcs since it could have worked standalone. The Batgirl(s) and GCS backups were good. No definite conclusion on Cass/Steph. The finale of Nightwing just made me want Dick as the new Bat even more. There's about to be two Wonder Women, why can't we have two Batmen?

Phrasing :V

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Protagorean posted:

lol I know it's comics so propaganda is in its DNA, but Superman Worlds at War's A-plot is really gross. at the sharing circle for people who were saved by Superman, the very first story is a white girl who is touring Jerusalem being rescued from an Arab woman with a suicide vest by Big Blue. then the next issue you find out the reason the young black female lead said she was saved by Clark Kent instead of Superman was because she really liked the aww shucks story he wrote about a black man who died crippled, penniless and alone, which was his country's thanks for giving up a music career to fight the genocidal empire overseas that had been directly inspired by the genocidal empire that had enslaved his ancestors, and spending the rest of his days as a civil rights protestor and social activist, keeping a scholarship in his dead son's name alive even as he slept on the streets. I mean there was a line about bringing "democracy and equality to Germany [after the war] even while serving in a segregated Army unit" which is a cute euphemism for letting the Nazis continue to run West Germany, but I don't know what a GI in a segregated unit would have to do with that either way. and it's structured in a way where duh, that man who never gave up, even when life and God gave him a bum rap on the way in and kicked him in the stomach even when he was down almost every day until he died? that man is Clark Kent.

also for some dumb reason he left his baby spaceship in cellar even when the farm was torn down and the foundation left to the elements. this all from the Last God dude? I guess that was his attempt at a tryhard savage swords and sorcery, this is his go at tryhard propaganda, at least at the level it took to sucker him into an army career, which lol. art's beautiful though

I'm sorry but I'm having a hard time parsing this? I can't quite understand what you're talking about?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Can I mention that as a spanish speaker, Eddie Berganza's last name is hilarious.
It is like a mixture of Venganza (vengeance or revenge) and Verga (Crass way of sayin Dick) replacing the V with a B

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I tend to forget but on the other hand over the years I've started to not think too much of GM's writing because they tend to disregard the story of the character to do whatever they want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Elsa is currently shacking up with Deadpool