Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

lol at the woman in the train station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Madkal posted:

Batman has no right leg

I think it’s supposed to be covered by the cape, but it’s still pretty lol

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Less if you prepay 💀

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like the “frontier sheriff” aspect. Just a lone Green Lantern out in the emotionless wilds

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if HiC and Leviathan are the reasons for the delays. The shocker scene at the end of Dclock last time was Lex asking Lois if she heard about Wally West. I'm guessing before HiC the answer was no, and now the answer has to be changed to yes since, well, Lois knows Wally's that one superhero who killed a bunch of other superheroes and then framed two innocent people for the crime.

You hosed up yr spoiler tags, bro

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I heard they were selling well, though (comics beat article iirc)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

8 Heads is peak Comedy Central filler. I must have seen that movie on tv a dozen times.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’ll admit I haven’t read much, but I’ve liked all I’ve seen. Where’d you hear that it sucks?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

Their first-first meeting was only two years earlier in Superman #76, which involves Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent both taking a cruise and accidentally getting double booked to share a cabin. This story inspired a very weird Joe Kelly Superman/Batman Annual and also probably some very early slash fiction.

I’m honestly surprised Earth 3 Deathstroke hasn’t popped up again, but I suppose Harley Quinn has Red Tool.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

My shop finally got the Mister Miracle hardcover in last week. I already bought the trade because I thought I missed my chance to get this, but I couldn’t resist.

I almost did the same thing the other day, not gonna lie.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Can I get even the slightest context on that?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, Praxis???

Edit: Wanda Sykes fuckin rules.

That cartoon is way better than I expected it to be. The cast is wonderful.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Skwirl posted:

What happened?

I want to know too. My local shop made a post about it on Instagram reassuring people with pull lists that their copies wouldn’t be marked up or sold from under them.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

If a store does this, unsubscribe at once. gently caress that.

There’s another in the area that was notorious for that poo poo, but I think they’ve switched management.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I'm watching the Red Son cartoon, and it's been awhile since I've read the comic, but Superman didn't murder Stalin in the comic, right? He died from natural causes, like he did historically.

Not that I remember.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

radlum posted:

So I didn't get it at first, but seeing reactions online...was that Otto Binder trying to contact his daughter (who died in an accident) through a seance in Rorschach #1? If so then...that's even worse than a Ditko stand-in being on the comic

Apparently that really happened, but I’m not sure if that makes it better

E: beaten by a minute

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’ll go to bat for King more often than not, but I’m dreading the reveal that Manhattan didn’t vaporize Kovacs but launched him through time and then he appears at that seance, nude and horrible, posed like Osterman reborn in the cafeteria

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

The main Klan villain echoes a lot of sentiment Lindeloff has also expressed in interviews. Knowing Lindeloff is a man who thinks that Congress should always be 50/50 liberal/conservative so everyone is represented makes the guys whole speech about how he just wants white men to have a voice again at the end really loving skeezy and uncomfortable to watch.

Considering what happens to that guy immediately after his big supervillain monologue, this seems like a stretch.

As for Rorschach, I remember seeing that while it doesn’t explicitly reference the show (I think that vague reference to Oklahoma is about as direct as it’ll get), King did make sure not to contradict the series.

Anyway more cool designs give me all the designs

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

The character "The Looker" sucks so much

Kitty Pryde-level costuming

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

TwoPair posted:

In this issue a Titan dies

also the darkest part of this Dark Crisis is Deathstroke's truly awful new outfit

I like that the dude in the back got the memo about sleeveless trench coats

(who is that anyway?)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, it's Vertigo. I think this is actually a redesign they did on him for the New 52 but it's just kind of stuck even though so much N52 has been undone. Probably because Count Vertigo is so low-tier not many people care how he looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sIYe74sczE

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

It is becoming increasingly insane to me that Batman kill mooks, henchmen, and underlings all the time, but will not kill the joker.

Didn't he leave KGBeast in a bunker to starve to death and then like two issues later he offhandedly mentions "oh yeah I knew he'd get outta there"

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Drakyn posted:

'this is literally just Some Boring Guy who's been hosed with and gets subverted by awful brain problems if he wears helmets'

if I had a nickel...

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

So heads up to any DC Infinite subscribers who want to jump to Ultra at the introductory price: despite what the screen tells you (you'll be charged later), you get charged immediately, but you're supposed to get a pro-rated refund for your remaining sub (dunno when, because this literally just happened and I'm annoyed)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

How long was Killer Moth literally a giant killer moth, anyway? Did Charaxas have a notable tenure?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Jesus. Just let Killer Moth be silly

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’ve overall had a good time with Zdarsky’s Batman, but I do think it undermines what made Zurr-en-arrh work in RIP: that personality wasn’t purposefully cultivated, it emerged out of Bruce’s broken brain. Unless I’m mistaken, Zdarsky presents it as purposefully created, which defeats the point (and the “Zorro in Arkham” reveal)

But yeah that last page was fun.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Weren't the Alpha Lanterns a Morrison thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Please explain the "explode" part.