Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Other Guys one good joke is Wahlberg learning flawless ballet and music sarcastically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Jutsuka posted:

No, that would be 'Stranger Than fiction' and 'Casa de mi Padre'.

Casa de mi Padre? Really? It was a good concept gag but the movie itself is such a complete nonentity.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jutsuka posted:

No, that would be 'Stranger Than fiction' and 'Casa de mi Padre'.

Stranger than Fiction is too twee to be really great (I like it fine but it's just sort of banally pleasant) and Casa de mi Padre is very one note. It's a funny note but...

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Other Guys one good joke is Wahlberg learning flawless ballet and music sarcastically.

A-list movie stars-as-cops dive to their deaths onto a concrete sidewalk because they think they're too badass to do anything other than get up

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dirty Mike and the Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1j4mK6cs_A

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Step Brothers sucks.

I have a high tolerance for bad comedy but I couldn't finish Step Brothers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know I've said this before but I really don't know why this movie got made

And I liked Step Brothers, though mostly for Jason Bateman's character

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

precision posted:

And I liked Step Brothers, though mostly for Jason Bateman's character

A harsh dunk on Adam Scott.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

A harsh dunk on Adam Scott.

Lmao you're totally right how did I do that

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

precision posted:

Lmao you're totally right how did I do that

Dude I thought it was brilliant

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Mantis42 posted:

I have a high tolerance for bad comedy but I couldn't finish Step Brothers.

Outrageously bad opinions in this thread god drat

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The moment John C Riley took his balls out and start rubbing them on the piano I was out.

But this is the same forum that told me Popstar was good, so what can you expect.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This is a good scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeRfQs6_fC4

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The Other Guys has slowly become one of my favorite movies. It’s a rare one where I enjoy it more and more each time I watch it.

“Aim for the bushes.”

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Other Guys is like one of the best comedies of the last 10 years and Adam McKay is a good director and i like his serious turn but i hope he keeps it real with will ferrel now and then because McKay is like the only guy who gets a good run out of Will Ferrell

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is all pure madness to me. I checked out of that movie once that sea lion poo poo started and every clip I’ve watched is the same improv bullshit I’ve grown to despise. I also hate Elf. Actually I hate most of Will Farrell’s movies despite actually liking the man himself.

The funniest movie in the part 10 years for me is probably Walk Hard, so you can use that to base where my taste lands.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
As someone with a 5 and a 2 year old, I'm happy Elf exists because whatever you want to say about it, it's miles ahead of some of the absolutely horrible Christmas movies out there.

It's definitely not a perfect movie, but Ferrell does put 110% into that role and the movie basically hangs on that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

This is all pure madness to me. I checked out of that movie once that sea lion poo poo started and every clip I’ve watched is the same improv bullshit I’ve grown to despise. I also hate Elf. Actually I hate most of Will Farrell’s movies despite actually liking the man himself.

The funniest movie in the part 10 years for me is probably Walk Hard, so you can use that to base where my taste lands.

poo poo?

That movie is pure dreck and lowest common denominator trash.

E: WAIT. No, Walk Hard is amazing. I was thinking of Ferrell's GET HARD. :lol:

Still love you CP.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Walk hard is really good but its more than 10 at this point!!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Black Sheep is prob my fave song from the album - love the manic Beach Boys episode he goes thru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTKqDqdfEBA

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

CelticPredator posted:

walk hard, the other guys and step brothers are all very good.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mantis42 posted:

The moment John C Riley took his balls out and start rubbing them on the piano I was out.

But this is the same forum that told me Popstar was good, so what can you expect.

jesus Popstar and Step Brothers have you considered that your brain is just broken somehow?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those balls cost a lot of money.

gently caress YOU DALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I watched the 2009 sherlock Holmes again the other night and mark strong as Totally Not Aleister Crowley and RDJ still own in it, shame there was never a third one of those

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They're still developing it as of late, but I'm not holding my breath because Guy Ritchie seems to like abandoning promising movies (The Real RocknRolla) in order to wallow in mediocrity with movies like King Arthur and that one spy movie the world has forgotten already.

Also Will Ferrell has never made me laugh in anything but John C. Reilly is great. His Oliver Hardy in Stan & Ollie is getting a lot of praise.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Stare-Out posted:

They're still developing it as of late, but I'm not holding my breath because Guy Ritchie seems to like abandoning promising movies (The Real RocknRolla) in order to wallow in mediocrity with movies like King Arthur and that one spy movie the world has forgotten already.

Also Will Ferrell has never made me laugh in anything but John C. Reilly is great. His Oliver Hardy in Stan & Ollie is getting a lot of praise.

Yo! The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is fantastic!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Popelmon posted:

Yeah that was the one. I honestly only thought about it just then when I was thinking of Guy Ritchie movies from the past 10 years. I can barely remember anything about it so I might have to give it another watch at some point but at the time I thought it was just kind of okay.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Spraynard posted:

I was so clueless going into it that I thought this might be John C Riley playing a serious role, and I was very curious to see that.

There's also the Sister Brothers with Riley playing a serious role.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Popelmon posted:

Side note, I think Hammer and Cavill is a great name for an 80s buddy cop drama

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Acht posted:

There's also the Sister Brothers with Riley playing a serious role.

He plays a pretty serious roll in Cyrus too which is good

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

And an Irish cop in Gangs of New York.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Stare-Out posted:

You're not looking forward to Aladdin?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Davros1 posted:

You're not looking forward to Aladdin?

No.

He is making another gangster movie, at least. Just not the one he should be making.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually liked Ritchie's King Arthur but yeah he's been really dodgy of late

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Popelmon posted:

I couldn't get over how excessively that film catered to Sean Connery 007 era ideas of "cool" masculinity. I loathed the protagonists and found the film distasteful and gross in general.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Everyone should see Sisters Brothers. gently caress it was so good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is it steaming somewhere for free. I might watch it if so.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Sisters Brothers is a really drat good movie. I liked the Nightcrawler reunion of Gyllenhaal and Riz Ahmed. The titles being in the God of War font threw me off, though.

But it, along with all the other good things Reilly has done makes me wonder why in the hell would he sign up for some Will Ferrell turd like Holmes and Watson. Has there been anyone yet who has torn this movie apart (preferably with clips of how terrible it is)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well they’re probably really good friends and just went into this having fun. Shame it sucks!