Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

CelticPredator posted:

Step Brothers sucks.

This is the wrong opinion to the point of being objectively wildly incorrect. Step Brothers is hilarious. I haven’t seen Holmes and Watson yet but I have a suspicion that a lazy writer and a lazy director thought letting them improv enough would work instead of actually giving them a solid script to work and riff off of. Step Brothers is a perfect example of not only comedy done right, but letting the stars make it their own and add their special flavor that makes it that extra hilarious. I would compare it to Tommy Boy, in the sense that Farley takes what is for all intents and purposes a solid script and elevates it to the prestige that we currently know it as today. I’d be willing to bet that the studio doesn’t understand that Ferrell and Reilly work best when yelling at each other, but only when they have funny things to yell about. They polish something that’s already solid. They aren’t able to save an unsalvageable piece of garbage that should’ve been revised before even a minute was filmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

TrixRabbi posted:

Step Brothers is better than Anchorman.

This is correct and true

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

I have a high tolerance for bad comedy but I couldn't finish Step Brothers.

Outrageously bad opinions in this thread god drat

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Acht posted:

There's also the Sister Brothers with Riley playing a serious role.

He plays a pretty serious roll in Cyrus too which is good