Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I noticed in this episode that David Mazouz has grown up to look pretty Batman-y. Like, seeing his face now I reckon if he put the mask on he'd look the part. So, good job whoever cast that kid 4+ years ago.

Phylodox posted:

I guess the show’s just entirely eschewing the idea of Batman having a secret identity, because there’s no way that, like, half the city isn’t going to put two and two together the second Bruce bothers to put on the mask.
Secret identities are always wildly implausible. "My best friend won't recognise me if he can't see the top half of my face". "No one will notice that I have the exact same injuries as the mysterious vigilante". "There are about three people in this city who could afford all these vehicles and high-tech gadgets and only one of them looks like they live at the gym, but somehow no one's going to put that together."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Considering they're talking about healing Selena it could be Lee.

That's my guess, but I like Phylodox's suggestion much more.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bbf2 posted:

My theory is (as insane as it sounds), the "other person" sharing his body and taking his physical form to these random places is not the previous Ed, and that Hugo Strange somehow resurrected Ed and Lee together in such a way that they share the same body in a transforming-back-and-forth Jeckyll and Hyde fashion and the "other person" sharing Ed's body is Lee.
Why would Lee go to sleep in a skip?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

hatelull posted:

That episode was super awkward and nonsensical, which is saying a lot for Gotham. I'm still confused on what exactly Selena did in that /[13]/ style game of Russian Roulette. I guess she didn't pull the trigger and roll the dice with that cat luck the guy behind her fired an empty chamber?
That seemed to be the case, but doesn't really make much sense. She should have disarmed the guy behind her.

hatelull posted:

Also, why did Penguin have a change of heart at the end and give Gordon guns and ammo?
'Cause everyone had turned on him so he needed Jim's support to survive.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I realise it's entirely in-character for him, but Jim being so insistent on not letting Zsasz be executed because he didn't commit these particular murders - even though he definitely did commit a whole lot of other murders - was pretty dumb. I would have liked Penguin to point that out. Like, accept the evidence that it couldn't have been Zsasz and just put it to the crowd that even if he didn't do this specific crime he's still an unrepentant serial killer. I don't think Zsasz would even have denied that since it's pretty widely known.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Yeah, Jim should still have opposed it, I just thought it was odd that Penguin didn't try to make that argument.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I mean the same argument could be made for Penguin himself so it'd be a little self defeating

Except that Penguin always thinks he's a special case that the rules don't apply to. He would absolutely make the argument that Zsasz's past murders should be taken into account but his own were unique situations that should be excused because of reasons.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That scene with Ed and Penguin was fantastic.

quote:

:monocle: What was I supposed to do, let you die? After Butch you were my only friend.
:engleft: YOU SHOT BUTCH!
:monocle: Which is why I needed you!

Who did what thing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Bruce did the whole "Batman just up and vanishes from the room, leaving whoever he'd been talking to looking around" thing he's pretty famous for.

I enjoyed that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gawain The Blind posted:

it would have been a much more realistic transition from normal to Got Ham to have a micro society inside of an enforced bubble with starvation and gang warfare completely collapse. Nobody is left to guard the prison or make sure the inmates at Arkham don't get out. People are just fighting for basic survival. It's an environment in which something like the joker or scarecrow could actually happen, given some uniquely crazy individuals happen to be wandering around.

Except that the city being cut off and abandoned by the state is also completely ludicrous on its own. Nothing about that is plausible.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

tarlibone posted:

Those were great, because it was always "1) Read all instructions first, 2) Write your name at the top of the paper, 3) Poke four holes on the bottom of the paper with your pencil, 4) Tear off the lower left hand corner, etc." They had you doing stuff that other people could hear and that you couldn't just erase or anything. When you read the last instruction that said "Just do #1 and #2 and ignore the rest," you would hear people groan.

I've heard about this kind of test and it's always seemed fairly dumb to me, because it's just using people's understanding of context against them to no real purpose. In practically every other situation a set of numbered instructions is meant to be followed in order, and subverting that doesn't seem to teach any kind of useful lesson, it's just a trick.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Have Barbara and Penguin just been hanging out together for a month while Ed builds a submarine by hand? :allears:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Fish is great.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Fries should definitely be pronounced like freeze though, if it's suppose to be German.
Bullock being so incredibly certain that it was pronounced "frys" while Jim was trying to tell him it was "freez" only for Bullock to be proven right was one of my favourite jokes of the entire series. 'Cause he should have been wrong and I would definitely have been Jim in that situation, but then contrary to all reason it turns out Bullock's right and he's just like "see, told you." And he will go to his grave thinking Jim was a dumb weirdo who thought "fries" was pronounced "freez".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I mean that first scene of the season was that group up of everyone going to kick rear end which I guess is how it will end. Wasn't Alfred in that group?

I just checked. It's Ridler, Penguin, Bullock and Jim. They go and join a huge group of people on top of a wall and everyone starts firing guns. I didn't notice any other named characters, though they might have been there. Those four were the only ones we saw doing the "getting ready to kick arse" montage though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

And too much Fish. I just can't stand River Song type characters (male or female).
In what way are those characters similar?