Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Is it me or is everybody going extra gravel voice this season? More growl = more dramatic tension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm digging how after being cut off for only a couple months there's already groups of victorian cockney urchins in threadbare velvet and heavily modified wasteland mutants.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Bloop posted:

I mean, there were already those things in Gotham
"Finally, my filed teeth and axe hand are useful outside of Burning Man, it's Craig the Marauder's time to shine"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s the deal with Barbara because what the Christ. Her character just completely changed after one episode.

You’re in for quite a ride.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Marmaduke! posted:

I also blitzed through it on Netflix this weekend, very enjoyable. It took them a while to find their feet, I remember watching a bit of the fist season while visiting friends in New Zealand, it seemed like just a normal cop show with a bit of Batman lore thrown in... what a difference a few years make, a completely different show!

It was pretty crazy from the get go, I mean balloon man, dozens of street kids getting kidnapped, the goat killer and the bone-dissoving super strength drug were in the first half of the season.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tarlibone posted:

True, but it also had a lot of not-crazy stuff in it.

Remember, there were a few soap opera elements front-and-center in the early going, and it really leaned much more heavily on the police procedural side. It tried to blend regular stuff with crazy stuff, and if you ask me, the show was OK but didn't really find its feet until they said, "screw the normal stuff; we're going full-on bat(man)-poo poo crazy!"

I just rewatched it and my memory of it was that season 1 was less insane but it didn't feel that way. That said there is a tone shift between that and "the resurrected mayor [who was part of a bruce wayne death cult] but is now azarael gets blown up with an rpg" crazy.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

One thing season one does very effectively is establish the GCPD as the worst police force in the history of television.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Michele Gomez was the perfect balance of actual talent and hammy overacting for Gotham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Oh god how had I forgotten what’s probably the single best moment in the whole series until I just rewatched this episode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIBcWtso2A