Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Why would Lee go to sleep in a skip?

Because Hugo Strange spliced them with raccoon DNA.

What? It's Gotham! This could actually be the answer.

(For what it's worth, I was suspecting RiddLee as well.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh my god, it's the dog.

Hugo Strange put the Edward personality in Penguin's dog, "Ed". And the Riddler is now part dog, hence the waking up in rubbish skips.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TheLoneStar posted:

He'll use his balloons to fly across the destroyed bridge and get supplies. He's not the hero Gotham deserves, but he's the one Gotham needs.

I suspect there's a non zero chance he'll turn up this season. There are some very deep cuts, actor cameo wise, coming up.

Also the guy who wrote that episode is the showrunner now.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
They definitely lean into the gag. For a while there was a little Riddler question mark sitting on a water tower that made things more obvious.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wow. I honestly think that David Mazouz is actually really terrible. I'm honestly surprised other people like him so much. His Bruce is so precious and pretentious, and a real wimp.

I mean, I don't blame the show (or Mazouz, he's a kid). They got him as a child actor, and their Selina turned out to be pretty good. Guess that's what happens when you roll the dice.

Gawain The Blind posted:

Society breaking down and crazies running rampant in fenced-in Got Ham would have been good tv.

That's what happened though. That was the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The Bloop posted:

The river is probably filled with GMO Supersharks, Megapiranhas, and Hypergators

and Killer Crocs.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

They've got seven episodes left and they want to stretch them out over the next 11 weeks. (Finale's coming April 24th, reportedly). So expect a lot a lot a lot of repeats.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Bruce, Alfred, and Lucius discovered a secret cave underneath the manor. I think Jeremiah dug a separate tunnel into the manor.

I think Jeremiah expanded the already existing secret room under the manor to the point where it could become a Batcave, rather than a Batbasement.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Fish owns. She set the tone for the what the show became. Her eyeball scene is a show highlight.

tarlibone posted:

To wit: keep an eye out for a character called Fish... well, in general, I suppose, as she sure is something awful alright, but in particular, watch for her to suddenly throw everybody out of her fancy club. It's an over-the-top line delivery that comes out of nowhere and even makes one of the extras giggle. There's a gif of it somewhere, I'm sure.

Also this is wrong. It's not an extra breaking character, it's part of the scene.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I don't know how people can say that the first season was serious and then also mention Balloon Man.

The first season wasn't serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Alchenar posted:

how, when, and why they made the transition from gritty realistic crime thriller season 1 to embracing full blown comic book camp by the end?

Episode two has a bottomless pit and two Chitty Chitty Bang Bang child catchers. How is that not camp?