Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Oof, that'd be rough. It's also straight up Gotham's alley, so I wouldn't put it past them at all.

I've missed almost all of this show, I gotta set aside time to watch it all when it wraps up since I generally liked it's wild vibe whenever I saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I like the gang that looked like Raiders from Fallout.

I kinda hope that the upcoming episode featuring Batman will be a flashback of him as old Batman talking to Batman Beyond. It's a pipe dream, but It would be cool if that character finally got some live action exposure.

What the hell with the one place the sun shines in Gotham?

I'd be so, SO into this. What a hell of a way to go against audience expectations too, to frame the appearance of Batman proper through that lens. One of the ethos of the shows is supposed to be showing how a city could be in such desperate need of Batman to save it too, that's a drat good way to show that even though crazy costumed criminals are still around Batman's managed to bring Gotham back from the brink and turned it into a pretty decent place to live.

It's a decently deep cut to go to, but it's also a sensible way to do a fun epilogue to the series. At a minimum I'm hard pressed to think of a more fun last scene to end the series with after all the characters who have been more central to the show overall (Penguin, Gordan, etc.) have been wrapped up.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

And written by Ben McKenzie.

Hey, good for him for getting a writing credit and for Richards getting to direct. I always approve of actors branching out to write and direct, and it's these types of fairly long-running shows that seem to give them solid chances to do so. I remember Jeffrey Donovan directing a decent number of Burn Notice episodes for instance, including the special mini-movie thing they did for that show. And of course there's plenty of examples of actors in Star Trek: TNG getting to direct that show.

McKenzie gets bonus credit from me due to my guilty pleasure enjoyment of the OC in my youth, loving him on Southland, and stepping in as a writer when usually I see actors step in as directors. Nice to see him go in that direction, and as a fan of his in general it gives me some hope that he'll come up with a nice screenplay and auteur it up as a writer/director/actor in it.