Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

That was a lot better than I expected. I was actually worried when we came back, Gotham was gonna be back to normal. A sort of repeat of Hugo's monsters getting rounded up entirely offscreen.
-Got a chuckle out of Riddler's situation, really wondering where that's going. Wonder where Lee is?
-Penguin being on top is always great to see, even though he got shot.
-Really surprised they killed off Tabitha, but I'll bet anything she'll be back by the series' end.
-Wonder who shot down the helicopter, my guess would be The Joker.
-Dunno who this "witch" is, anyone know who she could be?
-Also surprised about the preview for next week with Bruce and Joker clashing in what's almost certainly the Ace Chemicals factory. Seems like something that should be saved for the grand finale.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I would have been fine with Penguin icing Barbara there.
Same. Unfortunately she has Creator's Pet Plot Armor so she'll probably stick around and survive the whole series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

What would Fish have to do with healing powers? That wasn't even close to her ability. Also it was confirmed she would never be coming back anyway.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Bring back my boy Zsasz, I miss him.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Bloop posted:

He was on Gordon's map. I miss him too, though. He was loving great
I must have missed that. Good, then there's still hope.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

tarlibone posted:

Will Balloon Man come back and save the day?
He'll use his balloons to fly across the destroyed bridge and get supplies. He's not the hero Gotham deserves, but he's the one Gotham needs.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

hatelull posted:

Also, why did Gordon hesitant multiple times to cap the gang leader with unfortunate skin problems but had no fucks to give about popping the dia de los Muertos lady within seconds of her showing up on the scene?
Because it's Gotham, the reason half the cast is even still alive is because someone didn't just shoot them in the face despite dozens of chances to do so.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I was expecting it, yet was still disappointed that this Harley continues the odd trend of barely making her look like an actual harlequin. The Animated Series got it perfect right off the bat. Also Selena hissing was both hilarious and one of the dumbest small moments to come from the show.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

tarlibone posted:

The animated series got it perfect right off the bat because Harley Quinn was created for the animated series. Every other incarnation of her is, by necessity, derivative (when it's not a cheaply bastardized version of the character).
Let me rephrase. The Animated Series gave Harley a great design on a silver platter but a lot of the more modern versions of her use infinitely shittier designs for no reason.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Maybe the death penalty isn't allowed in whatever state Gotham is in. Semi-joking aside, I'm surprised Penguin didn't bring up all of Zsasz's other murders either. On a somewhat related note, I was surprised that Zsasz brought up his scars again since I don't think they got referenced at all since we saw him cut himself that one time way back when he first appeared.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

How is there literally not a single boat of any kind in Gotham? Not even a rowboat anywhere in that huge chunk of city? Really? Also, can't people just...swim to safety if they're that desperate? The old and infirm couldn't make that trip, sure, but healthy young adults should be able to make a one-way swim trip like that without much issue...especially to escape a city that's gotten the worst it has ever been.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Open Source Idiom posted:

and Killer Crocs.
Sadly he got gibbed by a truck like a complete chump.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Finally, I was really bummed about this guy not appearing. Especially when mob-stuff came back into the scene, that'd have been perfect for him.

How much you wanna bet Penguin will him too? That'd be a great running gag, they keep bringing in Batman villains not yet seen in the show and Penguin kills them off by the end of the episode.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

hatelull posted:

In the comics, Jane Doe wasn't just "Clayface but female" was she?
No, she actually had to handcraft skin suits, but of course that takes a long-rear end time to get all the details right so it'd be hard to do for the show.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

bbf2 posted:

Really hope that’s not a series wrap on Zsasz. He was good in it but it would be a shame if his final appearance was one where he was mind controlled the whole time
I'm just glad he appeared again at all. I kind of thought his last appearance was his last hurrah.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Problem with Gotham is it's a roller-coaster. The universally terrible parts don't stop after Season 1 ends, they even crop up in late Season 4, so there's really no escape. Of course there's still really fantastic moments, but that lingering awfulness persists throughout the show and is never quite scrubbed away for good.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

and they bring in Harvey Dent but never really come up with anything to do with him.
I thought something went on with his actor, like he was too busy or unwilling to go back on the show or something.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Fish is awful and Jada Pinkett Smith can't act to save her life. If she wasn't Will Smith's wife, she'd never have gotten that role.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

nooneofconsequence posted:

Fish bad so what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It certainly was a ride, I can say that much. Had some really great moments, also had some really awful moments that made me wonder if I should bother to keep watching. Glad I stuck around, either way. I sort of think the finale should have been split into two, I dunno. It kind of felt like they tried to do too much within such a short timeframe. Even a number of plotholes, though mainly really small ones, without any resolution, not even a sentence to kind of handwave them away. I know it won't happen, but if there was some kind of continuation for this series, I'd watch it in a heartbeat.

Also, really loved the detail that Jeremiah wasn't actually able to call himself The Joker.