Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

What about Kite Man?

Sounds like a good time to introduce Condiment King.

I laugh every time Penguins leg gets hosed up more. Though I wish Gotham wasn't in the general Batman vacum; it's already got all the wacky poo poo from DC going on, why not have Zatana or Swamp Thing come by for a visit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like the gang that looked like Raiders from Fallout.

I kinda hope that the upcoming episode featuring Batman will be a flashback of him as old Batman talking to Batman Beyond. It's a pipe dream, but It would be cool if that character finally got some live action exposure.

What the hell with the one place the sun shines in Gotham?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked the Penguin Corporate Loyalty song. Very Majima Construction.

Man for a second I was wondering why enemies from Final Fight were in the show, then the leader said Slicer Dicer and I was "Oh wait Mutants!".

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 22, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I was really upset to find out Ed was the one behind the attacks. I liked The Nigma and Fox mysteries.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

I think there's probably something else there because the flashbacks looked kind of weird.

I hope so. Jerome doing it seemed to obvious, I was thinking that maybe the government itself was doing it. They'd had enough of Gothams poo poo and just decided to give up on it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm sure curious where Zsasz got fast food. He totally had a big glup there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mameluke posted:

He'd been hiding out in Condiment King's territory for three months

I can 100% accept that explanation.

You know we're half was through the season but we have no idea who the Russian guys are that are attacking, i figured by now we'd of had a hint of who they are. I assume they're Russians becuase they had BMPs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

I usually just shout “GOFFUM!!!” at the screen.

I think of it more as a breathy voice saying "Gotham" quietly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

There is absolutely nothing quiet about Goffum.

A breathy voice saying "Got Ham"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized how much better this show is without Jeremiah.

Who was the actor that played Magpie? She looked really familiar.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nothing makes me enjoy this show more than seeing Oswalt get punched, shot, or otherwise abused.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Naw, Fish is a bad writers idea of a strong woman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The mustache should have stayed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So did Barbara just die? Like Joker shot her and she was last seen on the floor bleeding.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Burning_Monk posted:

He shot her in the leg.

You can die from that. But they never said anything about her after her daughter is rescued. Maybe she did die and Barbara goes and lives with James and Lee, and is half sister to their kid, who's the serial killer Gordon kid.

Like I can totally buy that little girl growing up to be Batgirl.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked when Gordon punched Jeromes face off.

https://youtu.be/qgmlll43I2o?t=198

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am going to watch Barry because Zsaz is in it and basically looks like he's the same character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Marmaduke! posted:

Very smug, overused, written/directed badly (I don't want to say Alex Kingston is a bad actress but I can't imagine that role being acted well).

Dang, I shouldn't have made this comparison to a Doctor who character , now I'm thinking what a shame it is that Missy's actress never came back.

The bad writers version of a "strong female character" is more like it. Rather than showing you that they are amazing, they tell you by having everyone failing over themselves telling themselves how amazing and wonderful she is, while never or at least rarely showing it.

When you see these characters, they're almost always played by black women now too, which just makes it worse because they're throwing away much needed diversity. Gifted had Rena who was almost exactly the same character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

qirex posted:

Oh god how had I forgotten what’s probably the single best moment in the whole series until I just rewatched this episode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIBcWtso2A

Bullock had the right idea there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Magpie was in Batwoman this week, and i have to say, I much preferred her in Gotham, even if she died painfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Bloop posted:

I preferred the Gotham version of just about everything to any other version of that thing.

Maybe not Lucius, but that's just because they couldn't figure out what to do with him. (all scientists do all science, he's now the ME)

He clearly got the same degree that Peter Corbeau did.