Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm here. I'm excited. That opening was pure Gotham madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the witch is Zatanna (it isn't)

It might be Talia al Ghul, though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheLoneStar posted:

Bring back my boy Zsasz, I miss him.

He was on Gordon's map. I miss him too, though. He was loving great

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Burning_Monk posted:

Lot of radar installations between skyscrapers are there?

WHAT

no, that's the point

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

We still don't know who shot it down

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't help feel that they should have just written off Ivy as a character by this point

Episode recap: meh

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 11, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mameluke posted:

Where's Lee?!

Making it with Deadpool

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This feels a lot like posting spoilers. I wish I hadn't read that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of funny how they literally didn't have any kind of explanation as to why the park became magic. Also the multiple mentions of "the Dark Zone" makes me wonder if someone on the writing staff played a lot of The Division.

That episode was kind of a mess. I feel like it was almost entirely filler to get situated for what comes after, and it might be a necessary part of a good season arc, but just as an episode it wasn't good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tarlibone posted:

I dug the headshot Gordon did on the Skellington Gang leader there toward the end of the episode. I like seeing the shine of his previously unshakable moral code get tarnished as time goes on.

I'm not so sure about Selina, though. I knew when they had a close-up of her face and she was talking with her eyes closed that we'd have some cat's eyes stuff going on, but then they didn't do the cat eye thing... and then they did. It was weird. Was there an iteration of Catwoman in the comics that was in some way actually feline? (Serious question; I'm not a comic book guy and I seriously don't know. I don't even know if that's a stupid question.)

As long as we don't get a basketball scene with her, I think we'll be OK.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

I mean, the Michelle Pfeiffer version was basically resurrected by cats licking her, so... maybe?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
puddin

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hatelull posted:

I'm still confused on what exactly Selena did in that /[13]/ style game of Russian Roulette. I guess she didn't pull the trigger and roll the dice with that cat luck the guy behind her fired an empty chamber?

She reached back and put her finger under the hammer of the gun that was to her head so it couldn't fire

The last two episodes have been disappointing and I feel like the biggest problem is editing. Selena walking out and then suddenly being on the roof in full Catwoman gear and then strolling back in and being all HI BRUCE is one example

It feels like they actually made a full season and then had to cram the footage into half as many episodes or something.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

Weren't those her old clothes she was wearing, that she would have been brought in with?

No

It was an entirely different all black leather outfit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Better than the last two for sure

Things happened! Zsasz!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I realise it's entirely in-character for him, but Jim being so insistent on not letting Zsasz be executed because he didn't commit these particular murders - even though he definitely did commit a whole lot of other murders - was pretty dumb. I would have liked Penguin to point that out. Like, accept the evidence that it couldn't have been Zsasz and just put it to the crowd that even if he didn't do this specific crime he's still an unrepentant serial killer. I don't think Zsasz would even have denied that since it's pretty widely known.

Yeah I thought about that same thing but like you say Gordon just allowing an execution would also be pretty odd

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean the same argument could be made for Penguin himself so it'd be a little self defeating

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Except that Penguin always thinks he's a special case that the rules don't apply to. He would absolutely make the argument that Zsasz's past murders should be taken into account but his own were unique situations that should be excused because of reasons.

a good portions of Zsasz's murders were on contract to Penguin, but yeah, point taken

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tarlibone posted:

Yep.

It's looking up that they have trouble with.

I'm looking down on this post

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It goes with the theme ditty

Got Ham

Got Ham

GOT HAAAM

(DUN DUNN)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheLoneStar posted:

How is there literally not a single boat of any kind in Gotham? Not even a rowboat anywhere in that huge chunk of city? Really? Also, can't people just...swim to safety if they're that desperate? The old and infirm couldn't make that trip, sure, but healthy young adults should be able to make a one-way swim trip like that without much issue...especially to escape a city that's gotten the worst it has ever been.

The river is probably filled with GMO Supersharks, Megapiranhas, and Hypergators

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

I'm digging how after being cut off for only a couple months there's already groups of victorian cockney urchins in threadbare velvet and heavily modified wasteland mutants.

I mean, there were already those things in Gotham

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilmiera posted:

Jeremiah takes a bath in what is presumed to be deadly acid, just goes into a coma with some facial scars.

Ok then.

Apparently you did some bad presuming

This has been Joker Origin Story 101 since forever, and they were making some kind of poison to be distributed by fireworks, not acid

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Burning_Monk posted:

I just want to know how the gently caress Bruce got him out of the chemical pool?

He has a grappling hook!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

All this means is that everyone on Gotham is indestructible until they aren’t.
me too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure I appreciate the spoiler, but having seen it I do appreciate Scarface!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Scarface/ventriloquist was one of my very favorite BTAS bits

This guy is a perfect dummy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A little sad we'll never see Clock King

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Both Calculator and Clock King were on Arrow.

This is the first thing that's making me maybe interested in getting stuck in the arrowverse

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bbf2 posted:

Does it make you more or less interested to learn that Calculator is the Green Arrow's father-in-law

I don't give a poo poo about Calculator. I just loved Clock King's appearance in BtAS

Shrinking universes are bad though, in general

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no

In Gotham he'd have been better off getting it in the head. More survivable

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Where's my dumb comic show? :argh:

In the fuuuuuture

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A couple characters are crap but there's really nothing to skip without missing something good. Overall fun as hell show.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Gotham is Batman:Remix and it's great

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
She's an OTT comic book villain. Whether you like that or not is a personal preference, but if you're watching Gotham and don't like OTT I'm not sure what to tell you.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
True, but Fish, in fact, good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tarlibone posted:

Balloon Man is fine.

https://youtu.be/l7hxAZTTEVw

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The feds? Pfft

Gotham is on its own

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"it's a submarine" in the Previously On being Ed's only contribution for weeks is slaying me :laffo:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Riddler building that cute submarine all alone is so very Batman and so very, very Gotham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

That was my guess. I was thinking not since they already connected them in a movie

But it really seems that way