Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Grinning Goblin posted:

Gordon better have grown a mustache by the end of this season.

Eh. If that flashforward Day 391 is any indication, I bet the show doesn't even try to touch his classic look at the end.

Only 12 episodes for the final season. This thing should move quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I found it sort odd and maybe slightly refreshing that the build up to creepy lady in the hotel was handled rather … quickly.

Lots of random cannon fodder for an episode that I thought was going be back door for Bane's origin, especially with the masks and dude telling that guy to breathe it in because it makes him stronger. Plus, Bane has a thing for protecting kids yeah?

Also, why did Gordon hesitant multiple times to cap the gang leader with unfortunate skin problems but had no fucks to give about popping the dia de los Muertos lady within seconds of her showing up on the scene?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The little kid was the one Gordon saved from the gang of Fallout bandits. I guess he is dead now right?

That episode was super awkward and nonsensical, which is saying a lot for Gotham. I'm still confused on what exactly Selena did in that13 style game of Russian Roulette. I guess she didn't pull the trigger and roll the dice with that cat luck the guy behind her fired an empty chamber? Also, why did Penguin have a change of heart at the end and give Gordon guns and ammo? Not that it mattered.

The everything but in name Harley Quinn was pretty all right though. Maybe not Margo Robie levels of crazy, but decently unhinged. She's the lady that was working for sane Jerome in his weird underground fallout shelter thing right? I forget her backstory.

Also, what took Harvey so long and how long will Barbara continue to show up and NOT get a chance to do anything.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 18, 2019

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The Bloop posted:

She reached back and put her finger under the hammer of the gun that was to her head so it couldn't fire

The last two episodes have been disappointing and I feel like the biggest problem is editing. Selena walking out and then suddenly being on the roof in full Catwoman gear and then strolling back in and being all HI BRUCE is one example

It feels like they actually made a full season and then had to cram the footage into half as many episodes or something.

I absolutely did NOT catch the thing with the gun. I took the weird cut from rooftop in gear to the hospital as a transition of time. It was super clumsy way to imply that after she ate the magic jellybean pulled from the ground she's been going out at night living that cat woman lifestyle. Now where she got a new leather outfit equipped with razor sharp nails and a whip in that hospital is the REAL question.

Also, Gordon in that same drat suit for what should be around 100 days now is super great.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 18, 2019

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Did the flash forward at the beginning of this season feature the main players (including Nygma) loading up to face off against some unseen horde? Not sure how they're going to walk back the high body count of that building.

Nygma was never really the mass destruction guy in the comics was he?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I just watched the latest ep tonight, and I have no clue how they're gonna wrap this up.

I'm wondering if there's not going to be a "twist reveal" and the person Gordon has been talking to on the phone has nothing to do with the Government. Easily evidenced since his "buddy" quickly turned heel last episode right? I predict the actual No Man's Land arc will end with the main crew (Gordon, Penguin, Riddler, Babs) gearing up to face off against whomever the hordish army ends up being, and then the REAL government shows up to save the day?

I think the actual series will end with a flash forward, and they go ahead and do a full on batman reveal.

I could be wrong though. Could the show even legally put cape and cowl batman on the screen?

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

In the comics, Jane Doe wasn't just "Clayface but female" was she? I feel like they tied up that story line just when it was getting interesting. The Scarface line was fun, Brufred's was nonsensical, and Harvey's was rushed.

Admittedly, I was surprised they didn't drop a one off "His name was Waylon" line as they were wrapping up the sewer fun and games.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

TheLoneStar posted:

No, she actually had to handcraft skin suits, but of course that takes a long-rear end time to get all the details right so it'd be hard to do for the show.

Ah. I guess that's why they added the bit about she sheds their faces after a certain amount of time. A call back to the original character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Caught up to the latest episode just last night.

Have they had Talia on this one, or is Nyssa the first of the daughters? I get the Al' Ghul bloodline confused between this and Arrowverse.

Not sure how they're going to magic Alfred back for the last two episodes if he looks to be mostly dead or at the very least critically injured. I thought for sure the last episode was going to end with Bane offing Barbara leaving Lee to deal with the baby. Instead we got a bizarre precursor to Knightfall and some super angry helicopters.

REALLY curious to see how this thing finally comes to an end.