Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

This whole show should have been No Man's Land from like midway through season 1. It's a good way to get from Chicago -> Crazy Fuckers In Tights without stupid goofy poo poo like crazy Barb and Fish Mooney. Society breaking down and crazies running rampant in fenced-in Got Ham would have been good tv.

The main thing I'm taking away from this show is that David Mazouz is loving awesome and I hope he gets a better show when this loving shitpile is finally over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Open Source Idiom posted:

That's what happened though. That was the show.

It is. They got from A to B, but they did it in a much less realistic way. And I realize asking for realism in a show with a magic plant chick and dudes with brain control chips is ridiculous, but here's what I'm getting at: it would have been a much more realistic transition from normal to Got Ham to have a micro society inside of an enforced bubble with starvation and gang warfare completely collapse. Nobody is left to guard the prison or make sure the inmates at Arkham don't get out. People are just fighting for basic survival. It's an environment in which something like the joker or scarecrow could actually happen, given some uniquely crazy individuals happen to be wandering around.

People could have left, at any time, in the show we got. The federal government could have intervened at any time. It wasn't a closed environment pressure cooker. There was no need for cannibalism. The writers had to introduce more and more goofy, outlandish poo poo and dumb coincidences in order to make it all happen and get us to the same place where a guy dressing up as a bat and punching faces is believable.

It could have been better, is my point.

I agree that pinguin was also really good though.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Well, it's been a long, generally stupid road. I'm glad they got to bust out batman for the finale.

The fat suit on penguin was terrible, but this version of joker was fantastic.