Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
I recently bought a Surface and Clip Studio Paint was half off, so now's a good time as any to try my hand at digital stuff since it never 'clicked' for me in the past. So far it's been a real blast.

I've been enjoying trying to keep to a few colors:

The King in Yellow hopes your love life is grand:

Sports Avocado Man. He always tries his best even if it's hard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007

Theokotos posted:

This is very good; is clip studio tablet/touch based? Vector?

Thanks! I was told that CSP is the successor to Manga Studio which I never used before. A lot of the focus is on different brushes and media types which has also been fun to fool around with. They have a free trial on their website if you're curious.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
A friend wrote a story where one of his characters is repeatedly torn apart and reformed by the light of God so I drew this up. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007

Is that a drawing of Curious Zelda by any chance? Either way, that cat is adorable!

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Did a goofy drawing of some friend's characters duking it out. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. The pants say "butt" on it.

Also I've been into digitally redoing some old drawings lately.
Before:

After:

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Digitally remastering! Did you have the pic of the old one on an underlayer while you were doing the new drawing?

Yup! The original one was colored in with leftover Sharpies I think. It felt really good to get an actual black 'black' filled in.

Love the pose on that chick by the way. Those are some good gams.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Had this in my sketchbook a while and bought a tarot deck recently. Seemed to fit and I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Someone made this cool website that gathers references of animal heads depending on which angle you rotate the skull, so I used it to made this melting deer head thing.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Felt like drawing myself some kind of skeleton cult. I'd like to think he's having a good time with it, but understands it's not everyone's thing.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I'm starting to feel like everything I color feels too oversaturated and I wanted to play more with lighter brighter colors for once. I also got the Frenden brush pack for Clip Studio and holy crap it's overwhelming. I tried the Frenden Inker Tilt Brush for this. The lines could be cleaner but overall I'm pretty happy with how this came out. If anyone else has the pack and has suggestions on which ones are good solid mainstays that'd be great.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I've been stressed out at work so decided to unwind by redrawing something I did a year ago when I was (also) stressed out about work. Drawing cables and tubes is more fun than I expected it to be.

New drawing:

Old drawing for reference:

And some silly OC art:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
I was looking through some old art a few days ago and for every cringe-inducing teenage angst drawing I came across, I would end up finding one I liked:

Like these two buddies from 2006:

I liked them so much that I decided to give another go at drawing them as my last drawing of 2019:

I'm happy with how it turned out! It's nice seeing that actual progress happened somewhere, and I think I might draw more of these two again sometime.