Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Wip; if Cronenberg and Lynch collaborated on a sweat pants solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

sinc posted:

Probably will be too lazy to add the suction cups so whatever :cthulhu:

So curly! :kimchi:

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

Squidtamer DA posted:

I recently bought a Surface and Clip Studio Paint was half off, so now's a good time as any to try my hand at digital stuff since it never 'clicked' for me in the past. So far it's been a real blast.

I've been enjoying trying to keep to a few colors:

]

This is very good; is clip studio tablet/touch based? Vector?

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Passion fruit, I’m pretty sure

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

lofi posted:

Turns out it was a passionfruit! I'm learning!

They’re delicious, but definitely alarming if never encountered prior to cutting one open

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

dupersaurus posted:

Madonna and Child, early 21st century, Our Lady of Perpetual Hip, Portland, OR

God drat did I screw up the size of her head

I like the baby mustache :kimchi:

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

lofi posted:

This dude really loved Gangs of New York, huh?
Or Gogol Bordello.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

dupersaurus posted:

Back to my regularly scheduled programming. Got another show coming, need content. Mix and match art?

Don’t use copics on bristol board unless you like buying them frequently

Use paint markers instead! Sharpie brand are cheapest and most opaque in my experience, and assuming those pieces aren’t huge (like multiple feet in diameter) it’ll be a better choice. They also help prevent that streaking/shading effect you get from markers.

I’ve always used the oil based ones, but I believe water based ones exist.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

dupersaurus posted:

Yeah I've got a stash of poscas I should use more often, and all my metallics are sakuras

Deco color has some really pretty color options, but they’re inconsistent with opacity and also $$$

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

dupersaurus posted:

Hella cheaper than copics, though. Don't do color often, but might look into getting some. How are the metallics?

I think that's why you're supposed to use markers on thin paper. Bristol is just too drat thirsty.

Natural light:

Desk lamp:

On watercolor paper, for thirstiness:

First two on 60lb sketch paper, you can see the inconsistency from the decos-the purple is sitting on top of the paper nicely like the sharpies, but the blues are way more transparent. also the deco nibs can be randomly scratchy :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

Al ! posted:

more mosspunk?

Yes please