Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If Nick Gage can get through a show for Chikara without doing it, Scott Steiner should be able to.

It''s not that Scott can't avoid swearing, it's that he won't because he's an rear end in a top hat. Gage going along with it doesn't surprise me as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If Nick Gage can get through a show for Chikara without doing it, Scott Steiner should be able to.

Missed the opportunity to bill him as Nicholas F. Gage, esq.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Gage swore about 3 times but frankly that's considered a success.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gage made up for it by ripping off a tail

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I can't believe they took dasher's mask. Like dude just got a bunch of new ones.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Did Thief Ant do something villainous I missed or is just a general jerk? I went to the Harrisburg Baseball show in my Thief Ant shirt because I always like to support the ants and a bunch of the Chikara people gave me poo poo for it and I was really confused.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Thief is well liked and they wouldn't bury him publicly. Must be a storyline thing. I can't keep up with these loving baseball shows.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Maybe it's like a thing where they hate him because he steals their moves?

Maybe he joined up with the ophidian's new gang or something?

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 10, 2019

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I haven't posted much because Chikaratopia is so many shows behind, but we're at least four teams into King of Trios. All guest teams so far.

- The Genetic Freaks: Scott Steiner, Petey Williams and Jordynne Grace
- The Four Nations: Mick Moretti, Jack Bonza and Adam Hoffman
- The Carnies: Nick Iggy, Kerry Awful and Tripp Cassidy
- The Embassy: Prince Nana, Jimmy Rave and Sal Rinauro

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So nothing much has been going on because Chikara's spent the last few months doing shows at baseball stadiums that aren't really important other than gradually doing the Johnny Kid Invitational Tournament and letting the Crucible stuff play out. Right now the next big show is Chikarasaurus Rex in a few weeks, which at least looks like a good show.

For King of Trios (which is the same week as AEW and Fox Smackdown), we're up to 11 teams. So far we got:

The Carnies (Nick Iggy, Kerry Awful, and Tripp Cassidy)
The Colony (Fire Ant, Green Ant, and Thief Ant)
The Creatures of the Deep (Oceanea, Merlok, and Hermit Crab)
The Crucible (Ophidian, The Whisper, and Lance Steel)
The Crucible (Devantes, Matt Makowski, and E.M. DeMorest)
The Embassy (Prince Nana, Jimmy Rave, and Sal Rinauro)
F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Travis Huckabee, and Tony Deppen)
The Four Nations (Mick Moretti, Jack Bonza, and Adam Hoffman)
Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, and Jordynne Grace
Solo Darling, Willow Nightingale, and Freddie Mercurio
VeloCities (Paris De Silva, Jude London, and Mat Diamond)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

So nothing much has been going on because Chikara's spent the last few months doing shows at baseball stadiums that aren't really important other than gradually doing the Johnny Kid Invitational Tournament and letting the Crucible stuff play out. Right now the next big show is Chikarasaurus Rex in a few weeks, which at least looks like a good show.

For King of Trios (which is the same week as AEW and Fox Smackdown), we're up to 11 teams. So far we got:

The Carnies (Nick Iggy, Kerry Awful, and Tripp Cassidy)
The Colony (Fire Ant, Green Ant, and Thief Ant)
The Creatures of the Deep (Oceanea, Merlok, and Hermit Crab)
The Crucible (Ophidian, The Whisper, and Lance Steel)
The Crucible (Devantes, Matt Makowski, and E.M. DeMorest)
The Embassy (Prince Nana, Jimmy Rave, and Sal Rinauro)
F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Travis Huckabee, and Tony Deppen)
The Four Nations (Mick Moretti, Jack Bonza, and Adam Hoffman)
Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, and Jordynne Grace
Solo Darling, Willow Nightingale, and Freddie Mercurio
VeloCities (Paris De Silva, Jude London, and Mat Diamond)

Freddie Mercurio rules, he has a corner spot where he stamps his feet twice, then chops the guy in time to beat from We Will Rock You

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

way too many C names, Vince won't like it

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

One of those was in Lancaster, PA in the parking lot of the stadium. It was raining and there almost no lights. One of the wildest environments I've ever seen a show in. Downside of course was every match like like under 3 minutes long.

Also, I can confirm Allie/Stray Kat is really over with the baseball crowd in Trenton, NJ.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Chikarasaurus Rex must be selling pretty well because they're sitting on a money Quack match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1163604394635681797

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

even with the beard, Mike will never look as grubby as Joey can.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

At Trios, Quack will be teaming up with the Ugly Ducklings. Bless me bagpipes!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1164726510856626176

After an amazing number of years trying to release like 7 video games and successfully releasing like 2 (for free only?), the current date is autumn.

Gavok posted:

At Trios, Quack will be teaming up with the Ugly Ducklings. Bless me bagpipes!

Quack quack quack

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Team #13 is Hallowicked, Frightmare and Kobald.

On Twitter, Dasher keeps tweeting at Boomer to call him and drop out of Rey de Voladores so they an Molly McCoy can enter the tournament. Boomer hasn't responded and Dasher is getting increasingly annoyed.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So, fun story. A few years ago I was trying to get together a group of friends to go see a Chikara show. My friend had a friend who was into wrestling so we invited him. He also had a friend who was into wrestling and he invited her. Neither had seen Chikara before.

We had a blast and afterwards, we were hanging out and she mentioned she always wanted to be a wrestler and I mentioned Chikara has it's own school. She said she was gonna look into it.

About a year later, I see her at an event working ring crew at the wrestle factory and said hi. She had joined the school.

So anyways, I havent been too focused on Chikara recently but I was looking at the newest card. And hot drat, she's Molly McCoy.

Good for her

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chikarasaurus Rex is next Saturday. Friend Gavok will likely do a more detailed writeup closer to day-of, I just wanted to make people aware a bit ahead of time because while this weekend's obviously going to be crazy, there's still interesting stuff coming up soon after, even the weekend after, and if you're not burned out it might be something you want to watch :unsmith:

Boomer Hatfield vs Volgar
Xyberhawkx2000 (Danjerhawk and Razerhawk) vs Cornelius Crummels and Sonny Defarge
Missile Assault Man vs Kobald
Fire Ant vs Cajun Crawdad
Penelope Ford vs BLANK
Jakob Hammermeier vs John Francis of Coronado
Solo Darling vs Princess KimberLee
Creatures of the Deep (Hermit Crab, Merlok and Oceanea) vs The Crucible (Devantes, Lance Steel and The Whisper)
Mike Quackenbush vs Joey Janela in Janela's farewell to CHIKARA
FIST (Tony Deppen and Travis Huckabee) defend the Campeonatos de Parejas titles against Lucas Calhoun and Stray Kat
Dasher Hatfield defends the Grand title against Mick Moretti
Green Ant vs Ophidian in the finals of the 2019 Johnny Kidd Invitational

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It's weird that CHIKARA is doing a 15 match card on a single show. They could have easily made this 2 shows.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1170147723347210240

Another Stable out to destroy Chikara. Quack might be in a rut.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is ophidian doing a nazi salute

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Ophidian and Quack had an impromptu match tonight to determine who the Head trainer is at the Wrestle Factory.

Also, this show had more kids than any show I can remember. At least 50% of the crowd was kids. It was a Boy Scouts fundraiser, so that probably explains it, but it was a fun show.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

syzpid posted:

TBF, the origin of the Crucible was to create an Avengers-type defense system against all these outside invading forces. The Furies falls apart and Ophidian is kinda isolated with this farm system of mercenaries, he knows what worked and what didn't from previous takeover attempts and says "Hey why the gently caress not?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

syzpid posted:

That dude on the right looks anime as hell in a good way which I rarely say about anime

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Endless Mike posted:

That dude on the right looks anime as hell in a good way which I rarely say about anime

I’ve been out of the chikara loop for quite a while but that looks like Lance Steel, a medieval knight who time travelled to the present. He eventually fought himself, but from like two minutes later in time or something.

E:I remembered, it was a slightly younger version of himself, they formed a tag team until one of them caught the other hanging out with Dragon Dragon, then they had a loser leaves the present match.

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 7, 2019

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
that does look a lot like lance steel

I've not been keeping up but if there's a secret Lance Steel origin story happening in the background of the Crucible plot I'm going to lose it

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

that does look a lot like lance steel

I've not been keeping up but if there's a secret Lance Steel origin story happening in the background of the Crucible plot I'm going to lose it

I haven't been 100% paying attention to Chikara this season, but they have established that Lance Steel and the Whisper are brothers. That's why Whisper's always had an obsession with loving with Kimber Lee. She used to be aligned with Steel, treated him like crap and dropped him the moment she was able to break out on her own.

Chikarasaurus Rex is streaming later today. There are 12 matches announced, which is a LOT for modern Chikara.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chikarasaurus Rex results. The show actually had "15 matches," but it was really 12 matches and a Crucible segment in the middle of intermission.

- John Francis of Coronado defeated Jakob Hammermeier. JFoC kept doing spots from other patriotic wrestlers like Hogan and Cena. Jakob had his bodyguard Wildebeest regularly interfering, but Jakob accidentally hit him with the knockout punch and JFoC made Jakob tap to the ankle lock.

- FIST (Deppen and Huckabee) defended the tag titles against Lucas Calhoun and Stray Kat. It was pretty one-sided. FIST got the first pinfall within a minute and then finished the clean sweep after another couple minutes. Afterwards, the commentators wondered what's the next step for Calhoun and Kat.

- Missile Assault Man defeated Kobald. As Missile made Kobald tap, Hallowicked and Frightmare ran out to beat him down. Calhoun and Kat ran them off and Calhoun cut a promo on Missile for stubbornly trying to take on the entire world by himself. Presumably, these three will enter King of Trios.

- Fire Ant defeated Cajun Crawdad. Crawdad had most of the match in hand, including hitting a Coast to Coast, but Fire Ant recovered and hit a string of moves to win.

- Blank defeated Penelope Ford. Afterwards, he cut a promo about how his next move is going to be destroying his masterpiece. He'll take on Still Life with Apricots and Pears at King of Trios.

- Dasher Hatfield defended the Grand Championship against Mick Moretti. Solid match where Moretti wore facepaint that made him look like a cross between a baseball and the Joker. This is the first time Dasher's wrestled maskless and the dude is pure jaw.

- During intermission, the ropes were removed and they came back for a Crucible open challenge. Ophidian asked for opponents for his "assets" where they would face off in the ring with a 2 minute time limit. Matches could only be won by knockout, tap-out or ring-out. First match was Thief Ant vs. the Crucible guy who used to do Bellator. Bellator Guy made him tap out fairly easily. Next up was Still Life vs. the guy who looks like a plus-sized Tim Donst. Not-Donst won via knockout. When Ophidian wanted one more challenger, Jawbreaker Josue and his two friends from the Crucible backstory videos appeared from outside. Apparently, sometime after Infinite Gauntlet, Josue was kicked out of the Crucible. He took on the Middle Eastern guy with Mortal Kombat pants and ended up making him tap. Josue and friends made a run for it and drove off while Ophidian slapped Mortal Kombat Pants around for his failure.

- Joey Janela defeated Hallowicked. It was supposed to be Joey vs. Quack, but Quack had to bow out due to what I guess would be an injury. I missed the beginning of the promo. Quack put over Joey before the match as being a self-made wrestler. Joey won via top-rope elbow and took in a big ovation from the fans.

- The Crucible (Whisper, Lance Steel and Crucible's Beefy Ugly Black Guy) defeated Creatures of the Deep (Oceanea, Merlok and Hermit Crab). Creatures were the faces by default, especially Merlok. Oceanea tried to downplay him a bit by tagging in when he was on a roll. In the end, Beefy Ugly Black Guy beat Merlok with the TKO. After the match, Oceanea screamed at her henchmen for being losers. Hermit Crab and Crawdad tried to help Merlok to the back, but he shoved them away.

- Kimber Lee defeated Solo Darling. They showed respect after the match and Kimber started talking to everyone about how sorry she feels about the way she treated Lance Steel. Ophidian and Whisper came out and convinced her to join the Crucible out of guilt. Ophidian said she'd be on their Trios team.

- Volgar defeated Boomer Hatfield.

- Xyberhawx defeated Crummels and Defarge.

- Ophidian defeated Green Ant in the Johnny Kid Invitational Finals. It was an incredibly quick 2-3 minute match with a rapid pace. They played up how Ophidian's training in the Crucible matches have made him quicker to go in for the kill. Afterwards, Ophidian posed in the ring with the entire Crucible faction while holding up his three gold medallions as winning the tournament gives him a title shot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is he really called Beefy Ugly Black Guy?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I have been waiting for a long time to cheer for Hermit Crab and I finally got the chance today.

Also that Solo/Kimber match was really fun.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

coconono posted:

Is he really called Beefy Ugly Black Guy?

Nah, he's -- *looks it up on the KOT wiki page* -- Devantes. Belator Guy is Matt Makowski and Not-Donst is E.M. DeMorest.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
The whole Crucible angle is lame. I am just sick of big bad faction vs CHIKARA storylines. Kimber Lee joining makes very little sense. Just feeling bad is a terrible reason to join the group. They don't have any power over her or anything. It just seems weird for her to go along with it.

Solo/Kimber WAS my favorite match though. The trios match was also very good.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That's the most motivated I've seen Crab in a while, which is good. He and Crawdad have a big match coming up at Beyond and he needs to bring it big time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I can't believe how big Dasher's cheeks get when he exhales. It's like Louis loving Armstrong.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Still Life got challenged to a match at the next show, and two segments later got knocked out in under two minutes?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DM Punk posted:

The whole Crucible angle is lame. I am just sick of big bad faction vs CHIKARA storylines. Kimber Lee joining makes very little sense. Just feeling bad is a terrible reason to join the group. They don't have any power over her or anything. It just seems weird for her to go along with it.

Solo/Kimber WAS my favorite match though. The trios match was also very good.
Mike is still trying to chase that glory of the BDK angle which is legit one of the best heel faction stories until almost everyone in the stable either got signed by the WWE or retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Xerzes posted:

Still Life got challenged to a match at the next show, and two segments later got knocked out in under two minutes?

Also, the rookie who recently beat the company's champion went and lost against a guy who's part of a heel stable with zero heat right now.

DM Punk posted:

I like a lot of the angle, especially in the weird way they built it up and the in-story explanation for it. And even if I can't remember their names without looking them up, I like that it's been doing a good enough job building up four new guys on the roster without giving them silly gimmicks. Like, this is the third time a heel faction has had two teams in King of Trios, but it's set up in a way where Ophidian's students don't feel entirely like the throwaway B-team.

On the other hand, this has been a really weak storyline year for the company and really feels like Quack is creatively burned out. So doing another evil stable angle in relation to that isn't a good look and the Kimber Lee part really doesn't help.

I do wonder if this whole thing is Quack's own little attempt at rebooking the Nexus invasion and figuring that Jericho or Edge should have been the team's leader.