Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Gavok is to CHIKARA what Jon Barber is to XPW

False equivalency, people like Gavok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Nice to see Tony Deppen get pushed

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Oh man. Does Scott know about Chikara's no swearing policy?

Also, the Minnesota Wrecking Zoo made me laugh way harder than it should have.

If Nick Gage can get through a show for Chikara without doing it, Scott Steiner should be able to.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

So nothing much has been going on because Chikara's spent the last few months doing shows at baseball stadiums that aren't really important other than gradually doing the Johnny Kid Invitational Tournament and letting the Crucible stuff play out. Right now the next big show is Chikarasaurus Rex in a few weeks, which at least looks like a good show.

For King of Trios (which is the same week as AEW and Fox Smackdown), we're up to 11 teams. So far we got:

The Carnies (Nick Iggy, Kerry Awful, and Tripp Cassidy)
The Colony (Fire Ant, Green Ant, and Thief Ant)
The Creatures of the Deep (Oceanea, Merlok, and Hermit Crab)
The Crucible (Ophidian, The Whisper, and Lance Steel)
The Crucible (Devantes, Matt Makowski, and E.M. DeMorest)
The Embassy (Prince Nana, Jimmy Rave, and Sal Rinauro)
F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Travis Huckabee, and Tony Deppen)
The Four Nations (Mick Moretti, Jack Bonza, and Adam Hoffman)
Scott Steiner, Petey Williams, and Jordynne Grace
Solo Darling, Willow Nightingale, and Freddie Mercurio
VeloCities (Paris De Silva, Jude London, and Mat Diamond)

Freddie Mercurio rules, he has a corner spot where he stamps his feet twice, then chops the guy in time to beat from We Will Rock You

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

Makowski once defeated a man in MMA because the opponent refused to stand up from the butt scoot position

TO MAKOWSKI!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Mr.Zero was a fun gimmick (lucha businessman), but I certainly never expected him to return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Diar posted:

I really hope that's true I used to listen to pissed jeans all the time and Mr Zero always gives me a smile. What's the name of Ultramantis' album I would love to check that out too

Its self titled. Pretty good album.