Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Relin posted:

huh the author and artist are women

The mangaka is a girl-
The original LN Author's gender is unknown, though they go by the pen name "Aneko Yusagi", but a bunch of idiots see the former and just assume the latter.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

aw man, I expect better from Mother's Basement,

You really shouldn't-although I don't know all the details, he often times gets paid to advertise stuff from Crunchyroll, and considering how hard CR is trying to push the series, and his status as an influencer, I can almost guarantee you he was cut a check to shill it.

Alternatively he just has poo poo tastes :v:

Julias fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 16, 2019

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Darth Walrus posted:

Was it Mother's Basement who sometimes got weird about underaged stuff, or was that another anime youtuber?

That's Digibro, who's probably a pedophile (and just a creep in general)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Hate-watching is the pastime of a coward, don't give this bad series good watch numbers

:hai:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

"Hate-watching" is a term invented so that people who are invested in the idea of having Good Taste don't have to admit that their taste is, in fact, bad, and at its worst is incredibly tiresome and performative

I mean, watching bad stuff to riff on with friends is valid, and can make the experience of watching a bad movie or show much more tolerable. But one should not confuse this as ironic enjoyment-you are just enjoying it while spending time with your friends/family.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Onmi posted:

I think Roots is terrible as well, just... boring. It's like "Want to know how Haseo got to this point where he became the Legendary PKK?" "Not really." "Good, because it's dull."

Let's be real though, Sign thrives on its soundtrack.

Roots isn't bad, so much as not much of interest. It's a 5/10 show.

As for good sign music tho https://youtu.be/KrYM4EfAO9I

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

Best Digimon was the one with a bancho middle-schooler who was constantly punching both peeps and digimons alike. Plus a Bancholeomon.

As for hero concepts: Hero who uses armored toes for cheap crotch shots.

As a teen I liked Digimon Savers quite a bit, but when I rewatched it a year ago, I found that it didn't hold up nearly as well as Tamers or even Adventure-mainly due to the lack of character development, especially on Masaru and Yoshino's ends. Also the ending doesn't really make much sense in retrospect. But I do have to agree that Bancholeomon rules and Kurata is a great villain to hate

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Cleaners erase the Japanese text and draw back in any details/gaps that might occur as a result-it's very important, otherwise your fan translation will look like crap.

I think the desfinction between the other two is that proofreaders fix typos and grammatical errors, and a quality checker makes sure terms,names,font, and style, are consistent in the work from previous chapters.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

HiveCommander posted:

In some LN translation groups, proofreaders are actually fixing up chapters worth of machine translations because there is no actual translator.
That was definitely not what I'd signed up for.

Ouch. You have my sympathy.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Cappy posted:

Really, I think the author being a woman made her feel like she could write Naofumi's true feelings down without fear of being labeled a misogynist herself. Instead, people choose to misgender her since obviously a woman would never write such a thing and it must be a man instead. This goes to show how the haters of the show are really the ones harboring some of these ill feelings towards women and projecting them as hard as they can.

:ironicat:
The mangaka is a girl.
The original author, Aneko Yusagi, is just a Pen Name, and has not personally disclosed their gender. They use the pronoun 'boku', which is typically more masculine, but they apparently identify as genderless.

The people claiming that they're a woman are playing a bad game of telephone, and also ignoring the obvious fact that women can make sexist, or troubling works as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lurking Haro posted:

Yes, the author was writing about a character, not themselves.

Ah that makes sense. The author's gender identity being unknown is still the case, though.