Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Aesculus posted:

gently caress it, MOTYC for Knife Pervert vs Go Ace at new beginning

Great match, great callbacks to their previous encounters, great result. Nth'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I've been thinking about it since yesterday, and yeah, I'll give Ishii/Taichi a MOTY nod. Not only was it a great, engaging match where I bought in to most of the nearfalls toward the end, but Taichi really elevated himself in this match and put in what was easily the best performance I've seen out of him since I started watching NJPW. And Ishii was Ishii, who's default level is MOTY-calibre.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: SANADA vs. Kazuchika Okada - New Japan Cup Final 3/24

This, but also
HM: Juice Robinson vs Chase Owens - New Japan Cup Final 3/24

I thought this match was a lot of fun, and did a good job executing a classic formula.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Nth every thing good with Spring Break and Nth everything bad about Black Craft wrestling. The crucifixion was cool, and what happened to the heel authority figure was cool, but gently caress everything else about the show.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Sareee vs Meiko Satomura, 16th April 2019, Sendai Girls

A vicious, bitter war between two very good wrestlers; it’s a match that hit a very high level but still left you thinking that they still had stuff on the table to try for the rematch that they’re bound to do at some point. Something well worth going out of your way to see.

Nth. This match ruled and I'm glad I took the time to go out of my way and watch it.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Worst Matches of the Year -

04/06 | Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Kelly Klein for the Women of Honor Championship - G1 Supercard (4 votes)

Honorable Mentions - 7 Votes Needed - Matches close to the threshold in bold

04/04 | Nick Gage vs. Jeff Cannonball vs. Matt Tremont vs. Addy Starr in a Lego Deathmatch - ISW Boner Jam IV: Balls Out (5 votes)
04/05 | Scott Steiner vs. Swoggle - AIW Slumber Party Massacre (5 votes)

Apologies if I double-nominated any of these.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTYC: Marko Stunt vs. Logan Stunt, GCW Backyard Wrestling 7/4

yikes

This match was so bad it makes me wish there was a nomination worse than WMOTYC

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Effy vs Shlak, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

Hell yeah.

AlsoHM: Chris Dickinson vs That CZW Geek, GCW Halloween Frightfest

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Alex Zayne vs Rich Swann, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

Nth

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Shotzi Blackheart vs Jimmy Lloyd, GCW Halloween Frightfest 10/28

2nd

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Motyc: Lady Maravilla vs Big Mami: AAA Guerra de Titanes, 12-15

Takuan
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: The Great Space War (The Great Sasuke, Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei, Anal Lover Prince & Yukizuri Queen vs. Elton John Rambo, Elsa 1, Anna 2, SchwarzeneGAINA & Pretty Olaf) - Michinoku Pro Tokyo Conference Vol. 7 (12/13)

Easily the dumbest thing I've ever seen in person and I loved every moment of it.

https://twitter.com/PuroresuDream/status/1208555989814919169?s=19

Nth.

This is why pro wrestling exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Finally got around to watching Triplemania Regia.

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. Kenny Omega, AAA TripleMania Regia (12/1)
HM: Aramis & El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Brian Cage & Puma King vs. Dulce Canela & Octagon Jr. vs. Taurus & Villano III Jr., AAA TripleMania Regia (12/1)
HM: Aero Star vs. Blue Demon Jr. vs. Chessman vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. vs. El Texano Jr. vs. Monster Clown vs. Psycho Clown vs. Rey Escorpion, AAA TripleMania Regia (12/1)