Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
HM: Gallus (Joe Coffey, Mark Coffey, Wolfgang) vs British Strong Style (Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven) from NXT UK Episode 24

No stakes involved, other than, I guess, momentum going into the first UK Takeover event, but I legitimately enjoyed this match more than any of BSS/Mustache Mountain's various bouts with Undisputed Era, which, last I checked, all got HMs last year.

So like, this should get an HM, because it's at least as good as any of those, even without any belts directly involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'll Nth these:

HM: Finn Balor vs Jordan Devlin, NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool 1/12
MOTYC: Mustache Mountain vs Grizzled Young Vets, NXT Takeover UK 1/12
MOTYC: Pete Dunne vs Joe Coffey, NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool 1/12

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'll nth the MOTYC for Andrade vs Rey Mysterio 2/3 falls match from Smackdown 1/22

I'd also like to submit an HM nod for Travis Banks vs Jordan Devlin NXT UK 1/23

Great match, certainly not MOTY quality, but probably the best I've seen Banks perform under a WWE brand, and, personally, I felt this was a better match than the Devlin/Balor match we actually got at the Takeover.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
That's a fair take, but for my money, Banks is nowhere near the level of Devlin. And he hasn't had a whole lot of time to establish himself as a credible threat to what's got to be one of the best performers on the brand. This match did a lot to give Banks some much needed gravitas and close that gap, where once he ultimately goes over (and I'm assuming he will), it'll feel much more earned, and won't damage Devlin.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Did I nth the NXT Fatal Fiveway? Because I'm pretty OK with that getting an HM rather than falling off the map.

So Nth 03/20 | NXT Fatal Fiveway - NXT (6 votes)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rarity posted:

HM: Kenny Williams/Noam Dar vs. Grizzled Young Veterans, NXT UK, 08/05

NXT UK has a formula for it's big money tag matches but by god it works. If you enjoyed the tag match at Takeover Blackpool then check this out.

Nth. Took me a while to catch up on NXT and NXT UK, but this was fantastic, and the timing on some of those near falls was great. Probably the best showing Kenny Williams has had on his entire run with NXT UK, and I'd love to see him/his "real" tag team partner be the actual next opponents for Gibson and Drake. Dar has some of the best, hardest looking kicks in the company, and it's criminal he never got burn as Cruiserweight champ. Is 205 -> UK a demotion? Dar is stupidly good, has a unique charisma and is only 25.

Non-match booking stuff behind this was great, too. Gave them something to do with Dar while in Glasgow while keeping the eventual tag feud with literally the only non-Mustache Mountain face team on the roster still alive. Also, it gives Gibson an excuse to talk before the match, because having Gibson talk is always the right decision. Just a smartly put together show from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janella, AEW Dark
Goddamn, they made this a free online match?

Motyc: Will Ospreay vs El Phantasmo, KoPW:
This was my favorite match this year that featured neither Ishii or Shingo