Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: War Raiders vs TUE, NXT Takeover Phoenix

Jerusalem posted:

I'll second that based on the crowd. The match was great but the crowd lifted it to a whole other level. loving awesome, I love Takeovers.

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

WMOTYC Shane/Miz vs The Bar, Royal Rumble 2019

Yep

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

The women's one was kinda sloppy at first, but I was entertained the entire time.

The men's one encapsulated almost everything wrong with WWE for me.
- It started at a point when pretty much everyone wanted the show to be over.
- JBL and Lawler are on commentary.
- Instead of actual surprises, they just do dumb poo poo like keep Dolph out so it's a "surprise" when he enters the Rumble.
- Rather than use this "female in men's Rumble" spot on someone who can actually work or who might get some sort of rub from it, they use it to reward a woman who constantly legit hurts her peers because she's lazy.
- They put in a really over awesome dude from NXT and have him get tossed out by BARON loving CORBIN.
- There was absolutely no cohesion to the entire match whatsoever.
- They treat you like you're an idiot by laying Seth Rollins out as though you'd somehow forget about the only guy they made you think had a chance to win this match other than Strowman.
- The entire match is basically an extended reminder of how much talent the company wastes.
- Randy Orton
- They botch the match order and waste a good opportunity to close the show with what the fans want to instead make the fans try to want what Vince wants.

Agreed on all points and I'll also add wasting spots on Curt Hawkins, No Way Jose, and Titus O'Neil.

It's a bigger problem than the match itself, but so many entrants had me reacting with anywhere from "oh okay :geno:" to "ugh no go away"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I feel like this might be a bit weak and might not make it, but at the very least it's a match you should give a watch.

HM: Drew Gulak vs. Matt Riddle, NXT TV, 2/6
If you like Technical matches, man is this for you.

Fourth. This match is my favorite TV match of the year thus far. So good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Tozawa vs Buddy Murphy Elimination Chamber Kickoff show
Love seeing Buddy show off his strength and Tozawa doing his thing

Seconding this one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush vs. Finn Balor - WWE Elimination Chamber 2/17

Stupid booking and a boring match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MOTYC - Bryan/Kofi feat. 4 other guys and some cage - WWE Elimination Chamber 2/17

loving. Awesome.

Feels like the best main roster match in the last 3-4 years.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali, Fastlane 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

WMOTYC: Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch, WWE Fastlane, 3/10

SalTheBard posted:

HM: Shield vs Corbin, Lashley and McIntyre - WWE Fastlane

Agreeing with all of these

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Accident Underwater posted:

HM NXT fatal 5 way 3/20/19

Hell yeah that was good

Agreed on this one and surprised there isn't more love for it here.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Matt Riddle vs. Velveteen Dream, NXT Takeover 4/5

I was going to post this mid-match. SO loving GOOD.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MOTYC: WALTER vs. Pete Dunne - NXT Takeover NY - 4/5

My God this match was loving BRUTAL

e: I'll add my reason for MOTYC vs. HM is the ending sequence of that match. It was absolutely incredible and built up so drat well.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

I liked this way more than Riddle/Dream and that was a HM so this is a MOTYC therefore

Yeah how did this match *top* Riddle/Dream?!?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole, NXT Takeover 4/5

Started slow but HOLY loving poo poo

Yeeep

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

MOTYC: KOTA IBUSHI VS. TETSUYA NAITO, G1 SUPERCARD

JESUS CHRIST

2ND :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Rollins/Lesnar Wrestlemania 4/7

Nothing but a never-ending heat segment, a nut shot, and three curb stomps. Pointless.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: The Bar vs. The Usos vs. Rusev/Nakamura vs. Ricochet/Black, Wrestlemania 35 4/7

Seconding this one since I was going to post it but didn't want to type out all the names.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kofi Kingston for the WWE Championship - Wrestlemania 35

Kofi is a great underdog babyface, Daniel Bryan is an INCREDIBLE heel, and the match was the exact opposite of the bullshit overbooking that went into building it and was just straight up a really, really good match.

HM? What the gently caress Jerusalem??

Professor Funk posted:

MOTYC: Kofi Kingston v. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship, Wrestlemania 35

Holy. loving. poo poo. Might be the best main roster match since Taker/Shawn at Mania 25.

:colbert:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre - Wrestlemania 4/7

Boring. As. poo poo.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LionYeti posted:

Preemptively WMOTYC HHH vs Batista boring as all hell

4th. Holy poo poo that match was an awful boring slog between two gassed 50 year olds.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs. Kurt Angle - WM 35

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC Becky Lynch vs Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair Wrestlemania 35 4/8/19

Just absolutely sloppy in front of an exhausted crowd and just one of the worst and anti-climatic ways to get to this ending that people wanted.

Yeah I'll back this for all of those reasons. Also, Ronda running around 100 MPH for everything throwing all the spot pacing off.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Lacey Evans vs Natalya, RAW 4/15/19

Crowd was absolutely dead the whole time, Lacey pretty much never sold, and everything she did looked like poo poo.

If it isn't worst match of the year, its gotta be up there for most boring match at least. I'm pretty sure the majority of that match was restholds by Lacey.

I'll second this. Lacey immediately no-sold the Sharpshooter and then shortly after did a jumping moonsault.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Dream vs Buddy Murphy NXT TV 4/18/19

Yep I'll back this one. Great TV match. Even though I knew there ws no way Murphy was winning given his SD callup, they still had me believing he might.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Miz vs. Shane McMahon, WWE Money in the Bank, 5/19

Posting preemptively because just...wow what a boring slog.

e: HOLY poo poo THE FINISH WAS SOMEHOW WORSE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The MOTYC/HM nominations came so fast and furious from the BOSJ tourney - any chance someone (Jersualem?) is keeping a list?

I'd like to go back and watch them but for whatever reason it just seems like an overwhelming backlog.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

WMOTYC: Undertaker vs Goldberg, Blood Money 6/7

trash

Hahahaha this match was so so bad. (Nth)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Dragon Lee, NJPW Dominion 6/9

Aaaaaaaaaaa

Holy poo poo this match ruled.

And I'm not going to nominate Ibushi/Naito either way, but the apron German was 100x worse watching video versus the gif because of the THUD Kota's head makes :gonk:

That match had way too many major head drops that were being kicked out of. A two count for a top rope poison rana??

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Rollins/Corbin, WWE Stomping Grounds 6/23

Posting mid-match, but I don't care what happens from here on out. IT SUCKS.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Riho vs Nyla Rose vs Yuka Sakazaki, AEW Fyter Fest
Nyla Rose looked so much better in this match than at DoN it was insane.

Yep. Solid HM

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega vs. The Lucha Bros and The Laredo Kid: AEW Fyter Fest 6/29

This was a hell of a lot of fun from start to finish.

I'll bump this to MOTYC

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

How are people saying HM for Shingo vs Juice but MOTYC for Ishii vs Cobb. Shingo vs Juice built and built and built with some absolutely great nearfalls and just fantastic sequences. Ishii vs Cobb didn't come close to the energy they had in the closing stretch.

MOTYC: Shingo vs Juice
HM: Naito vs YTR
HM: Ishii vs Cobb
HM: Goto vs Blade

THANK YOU - I was thinking the exact same thing after watching it myself. Shingo and Juice were smashing each other to the point teetering on "guys please think of your health" levels.

Nth-ing all of the above recommendations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Shawn Spears, MJF and Sammy Guevara vs Darby Allin, Joey Janela and Jimmy Havoc: AEW Fight for the Fallen 7/13

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Dark Order vs. A Boy and his Dinosaur vs. Jack Evans and Angelico - AEW Fight for the Fallen

Tag team wrestling rules!

Yep!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Adam Page vs. Kip Sabian - AEW Fight for the Fallen 7/13

You have one of your guys in the inaugural title match next month and the other guy gets more over in a slow, plodding match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Lucha Bros vs. SCU - AEW Fight for the Fallen

SCU are a very good tag team and Lucha Bros are the best tag team on the planet, so no surprise, this was good!

Beat me to the punch

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

HM: Kenny Omega vs CIMA: AEW Fight for the Fallen

Nth-ing the HM. Not MOTYC tier for me but a great match nonetheless.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Editing this into a serious post.

NJPW G1 Climax Night 3 - 7/14:
MOTYC - SANADA vs. Will Ospreay
MOTYC - EVIL vs. Kota Ibushi
MOTYC - KENTA vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Good day to have matches if your name is stylized in all caps.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 15, 2019

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Finally caught up with the G1. Put me down as an Nth for MOTYC: Ishii/White - G1 Climax 7/15

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Hey this is why it's really important that people actually make a point of saying if these shows are for a specific promotion, I thought Bloodsport and Spring Break were their own special one-off thing, I literally thought Spring Break were Joey Janela's own individually produced shows, not part of a larger promotion. I'll go back through when I get a chance and update the stats/listings to match.

Ha! I totally thought the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr, G1 Climax Night 5, 18/07
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Climax Night 5, 18/07[/b]

MY GOD IBUSHI/OSPREAY :stare:

And ZSJ/Tana gets an HM nod for having such smooth wrestling, transitions, and counters. Just artful.