Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

this is still the best match I've seen all year and DDT have uploaded it for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCB1HESDlRg

This is the year T-Hawk conquers wrestling and CIMA is proven right goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate's Open the New Year Gate 2019 at Korakuen Hall

MOTYC: Rookie Ranking Tournament Final Round - Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida

Four months of storyline finally building up to this match, had a lot to deliver on, and both young guys delivered in spades. If he hadn't made his case in 2018, then Shun started 2019 showing off that he's main event talent.

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1085496429378977792

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 17, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Willninho posted:

Moty: KZY v PAC. DG. Open the dream gate 2/10

Great match. DG has done a great job of getting KZY to be a star for this match.

2nd. PAC’s best match since the one against Zayn at Takeover all those years ago.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kzy deserves a shout out for his role too. One of the best fiery babyfaces currently wrestling, and the crowd was super hot for him from the start. Some of the bumps he took in the match were insane as well, especially the second rope tombstone

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Kensuke Sasaki and the Florida Brothers vs Do Fixer :vince:

Literally one of the greatest matches of all time.

https://twitter.com/mrlariato/status/840377480242450432

https://www.veoh.com/watch/v18098980mCjnb74W

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
Dragon Gate Open The Champion Gate Night 2 - 3/3/19
PAC vs Shun Skywalker

Not his best match but a solid outing defending the Open the Dream Gate title against one of Dragon Gate's best younger wrestlers. And man can Skywalker (who is just 22!) get some distance on his moonsaults, looks effortless flying halfway across the ring.

Watch it here

2nd the HM. PAC was working his WWE heel style instead of going all out like the Kzy match which really brought it down a bit from that. However instead of being a dud like when he worked that style against Flamita, it worked here. Complemented the story being told of Shun Skywalker as a talented, promising rookie perhaps biting off more than he could chew when he made the challenge.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall 3/7

MOTYC: 4 Way 8 Man Tag Team Match - Natural Vibes (Kzy, Susumu Yokosuka, Genki Horiguchi, “brother” YASSHI) vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, Kagetora, U-T, KAI) vs. R.E.D. (PAC, Eita, Yasushi Kanda, KAZMA SAKAMOTO) vs. Mochizuki Dojo (Shun Skywalker, Yuki Yoshioka, Hyo Watanabe, Kota Minoura)

This is the type of match you watch Dragon Gate for because no other company comes close to doing it like them.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall 4/10

HM: MaxiMuM Steel Cage Representative Decision Match - Naruki Doi & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino & Kaito Ishida
HM: R・E・D Steel Cage Representative Decision Match - Eita & Takashi Yoshida vs. Big R Shimizu & Ben-K

MOTYC: Aagan Iisou (Shuji Kondo, “brother” YASSHI, Toru Owashi, Takuya Sugawara, and Shogo “Jet” Takagi) vs. Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO, Kagetora, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, U-T, and KAI)

Was an HM for Maria tapping Owashi on the dick and shouting *ding*, but then I saw love bloom on the battlefield.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Matches of the Year - 7 Votes Required - Matches close to the threshold in bold

01/16 | Shun Skywalker vs. Kaito Ishida in the Final Round of the Rookie Ranking Tournament - Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate 2019 Tag 4 (3 votes)

I already voted for this (I think I nominated it in the first place), but here's the match.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x71xurb

I encourage people to watch it cause even if you don't think it's a MOTYC, it's still really good and very impressive considering how much Shun improved in just one year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If everyone just voted for my nominations we wouldn’t have to have tier chat.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gonna Nth the Dead or Alive matches, except uprgrade that Susumu/ U-T Brave Gate match to MOTYC. Did an excellent job making me want to see U-T pull it out against Susumu, which if you had told me I'd be feeling that a year ago I'd call you crazy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall 5/9 - King of Gate Day 1

MOTY:Genki Horiguchi and Ryo Saito vs. Florida Express (Johnson Florida & Jackson Florida with Daniel Mishima)

Match of the loving year, holy poo poo.

HM: King of Gate Tournament Match - Shun Skywalker vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

A high Honorable Mention. Was unsure if I should give it a MOTYC nod or not, but if you have to think about then it's probably not quite a MOTYC. Mochizuki is as great as he always is and Shun continues to show why he's one of the best young talents in Japan. Match is aided immensely, I think, by being the immediate fallout to the Dead or Alive cage match earlier this week.

HM: King of Gate Tournament Match - Kzy vs. Naruki Doi

Just a good 'ol hot match between two great wrestlers.

MOTYC: King of Gate Tournament Match - YAMATO vs. Ben-K

Hottest match of a night with a ton of hot matches. Ben-K is everything they thought T-Hawk was.

A hell of a show. Lots of great stuff all night long.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 10, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big Huski Boi posted:

How do you watch this? Do they have a streaming service?

Dragon Gate has a streaming service that I subscribe to and use.

https://dragongate.live/

But the matches for their big shows usually end up on Rutube like a week later. Hopefully that's not to :files:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Numero6 posted:

The Florida Brothers are back?

2019 is Dragon Gate’s 20th anniversary, so every Korakuen they’ve had a special anniversary match where they’ve brought back old wrestlers and stables and gimmicks for one off matches. This month’s match was the Florida Brothers coming back.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Some Dragon Gate matches from this week.
HM: Dragon Gate, King of Gate Semi-Finals - Kzy vs. Ben-K
HM: Dragon Gate, King of Gate Finals - Eita vs. Ben-K

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Can I get some dates on these please?

First match 6/6, second 6/8

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's 7/4 Korakuen Hall show.

HM: Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Keisuke Okuda
Real different type of match then what you usually get in Dragon Gate, as old man Mochizuki tries to teach respect of the ways of pro-wrestling to some punk kid coming from the world of MMA.

HM: Dragon Gate 20th Anniversary Celebration Series Vol.6 - Anthony W. Mori, Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi, Ryo Saito vs. YAMATO, Takuya Sugawara, Magnitude Kishiwada, Dark BxB Hulk

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: ZSJ v. SANADA

First match I really enjoyed of the night.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It turns out KENTA's problem in WWE was that they wouldn't let him kick people in the head enough.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

That and between Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Finn Balor, he had every single one of his signature spots taken :v:

And he was short

I feel like if they just let him kick people in the head a lot he could have overcome these things.

Jerusalem posted:

I'll say HM for Kenta/Ibushi but goddamn was it good to see KENTA back at his best.

Edit: Also SatoshiMiwa and Dimebags Brain are you 2nding the MOTY nomination?

Going HM for Ibushi/KENTA. It was great to see KENTA back, but it never quite got out of second gear for me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Shingo/Juice
MOTYC: Naito/YTR
HM: Cobb/Ishii

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC CIMA vs Kenny Omega - AEW Fight for the Fallen, 7/13

Nth. Match of the night so far.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM:
Dragon Gate Kobe World Wrestling Festival 2019, 21/07/2019

Kzy vs Shun Skywalker

Exactly what you want from a Dragon Gate match, high intensity, wild, watch it.

2nd.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO and KAI) (c) vs R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu and Eita) vs MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi and Kaito Ishida)

Holy hell now that's a loving tag title match.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM:

Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid & Masato Yoshino vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Shuji Kondo & Takuya Sugawara

A big emotional trios match, Dragon was instrumental in the career of the other 5 guys in this match, Genki Horiguchi was in tears on commentary and he wasn't the only one, Ultimo Dragon also had a few tears in his eyes. Mochizuki is amazing for a 49 year old, Dragon Kid's ranas are still so drat smooth, every one played their part and yeah, you should watch this. It's not the best thing you'll see (or even the best thing on this show) but it all just clicked.

2nd.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gonna 3rd the HM for Ben-K vs PAC from Kobe World. It never quite got into the third gear that I know both men are capable of, but the story and the emotion carries it over the edge.

But really the whole show is worth watching, probably the breeziest five hours of wrestling I've ever watched. Every match just flew by. No match overstayed its welcome, every result felt good and earned and nothing left the fans unhappy or unsatisfied.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Okada/SANADA G1 night 13

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

super macho dude posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs Shingo Takagi
Shingo has always seemed to have missed a certain something since leaving Dragon Gate imo but holy hell this was the best match of the night.

Shingo is at his best when he gets to go full rear end in a top hat bully mode, which he hasn't really been able to do because he's over and popular with the crowds outside of certain match-ups, ie against Naito.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's 8.7 Korakuen Hall show

MOTYC: YAMATO & KAI vs. Ben-K & Shun Skywalker

Started out as sort of a nothing match to set up a YAMATO/Ben-K title match at Dangerous Gate, but turned into a huge war where Ben and Yamato seemed to be legit trying to murder each other and it ruled.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
Dragon Gate - Dangerous Gate 2019 24/08
Susumu Yokosuka vs Shun Skywalker

HM
Masaaki Mochizuki & Keisuke Okuda vs Naruki Doi & Kaito Ishida

MOTYC
Open The Twin Gate Championship
Big R Shimizu & Eita (c) vs Kzy & Genki Horiguchi

2nd these and a MOTYC to YAMATO/Ben-K. Dudes have crazy good chemistry with each other. Also Okuda is one of the most immediately promising young guys I've seen in a while.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From All Out

MOTYC: PAC vs Kenny Omega

Best match I've seen from an American wrestling company in a long time

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks

I'm honestly not a big fan of ladder matches, usually they spend too much time climbing ladders and setting up spots and it kills the flow but the sheer amount of high spots was amazing.

HM: Cracker Barrel Classic

Perfect garbage wrestling. Laughed my rear end off while simultaneously fearing that someone was going to die.

HM: Cody vs Shawn Spears

Bullshit interference heavy soap opera wrestling, super fun.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WMOTY: Every meaningless house show match on the WWE schedule.

The daily wear and tear of the brutal WWE schedule is one of the primary causes of injury and post-retirement health issues in wrestling today. Grinding down your body day after day in meaningless matches creates a dangerous precedent that it's ok to sacrifice your health past 50 so that Vince McMahon can continue to run up the score on his bank account.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of Dragon Gate tag matches:

Dragon Gate - Gate of Origin in Sendai 9/1
HM: Speed Muscle (Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi) vs Ben-K and Shun Skywalker

Never quite kicked into the gear I know both teams are capable of but the sheer talent on display here carried it to an HM level match by the end.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's Korakuen Hall 9/11 show.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Yokosuka Susumu vs. Yosuke Santa Maria

Maria's secret is that underneath her comedy gimmick she's actually a really good wrestler, and she has the ability to pretty much get any crowd cheering and chanting her name by the end of any serious match she is in.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

rovert posted:

if you take away all the LMS downtime.

If you take away all the things that make a match bad it’s actually pretty good!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of people that have only been wrestling for three years

Dragon Gate - The Gate of Victory at Korakuen Hall 10/8
MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Ben-K vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

Not as good as their first meeting over the Dream Gate, which was Ben-K's first real starmaking moment, but the match told a great story of Ben-K having improved a lot since he first made his challenge over a year ago. Had some great call backs to the first match, and a great shocking ending.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Copa Antonio Pena, AAA Heroes Inmortales 10/19

Everytime El Hijo del Vikingo isn't onscreen, everyone should be asking, where is El Hijo del Vikingo and why isn't ever wrestling cmpany in the world in a bidding war over him.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can't in good conscious call Bates/Rose a wmoty when the last time I watched WWE their average women's match was like Cameron vs. Aksana, and this was no way close to that.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 23, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Private Party v Lucha Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Gate - Gate of Destiny 11/4

HM: Shun Skywalker and Masaaki Mochizuki vs. YAMATO and Kzy

Teams were decided by lot, but any combination would have been killer. Really fun tag match with lots of personality, at least as good as like half the AEW tags that get nominated.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Yokosuka Susumu vs. Kaito Ishida

This match had like, six different moves total and it was absolutely phenomenal. Perfectly executed story and emotion, and I feel like any match that manages to get people in the audience to weep with joy is probably a MOTYC. Also a great end to Susumu's reign, which was like, the perfect mid-card title reign.

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Ben-K vs. Masato Yoshino

Hell of a war that showcased on of Dragon Gate's best strengths, with long-term booking and their ability to call back to poo poo in a satisfactory way that heightens the drama of their matches. And this match was pretty much all high drama. Ben-K worked like hell to show the difference between challenger Ben-K and Champion Ben-K.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 5, 2019