Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC Ibushi vs Ospreay WK13
MOTYC Ishii vs ZSJ WK13
HM Okada vs Switchblade WK13
MOTYC Jericho vs Naito WK13
Yes to all of these.

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC Omega vs Tanahashi WK13
And especially loving HELL YES to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I'd call it an HM myself. Emotionally it hit all the right notes and there were some great moments, but I can't classify it in that upper echelon of matches I've seen already this year (less than a month old!). Definitely a really enjoyable match well worth seeing though.

Agreed on the HM. Definitely worth to go out of your way to watch it, but not Gargano-Ricochet or Ibushi-Ospreay level.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Adam Cole vs Velveteen Dream, Alister Black, and Ricochet. Halftime Heat 2/3/19

The hell with it, nthing this one. Yes, it doesn't have the background and story like most MOTYCs, but I had big smile on my face for the entire match and loved the hell out of it, so, yeah, MOTYC.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Toru Yano vs. Colt Cabana, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW New Japan Cup Day 8, 3/17

The first was hilarious and tremendous fun. The latter was a loving war and both guys came out of it looking like enormous badasses.

Yup

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Switchblade Jay White - Best of the Super Juniors Final - 6/5

The best match these two have had so far. I had forgotten what a scumfuck piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat gently caress Jay White could be.

Yes

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Juice Robinson (C) vs. Jon Moxley for the IWGP US Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Final - 6/5

It was a mess, but an absolutely beautiful mess and both guys were incredibly committed to getting the most out of it as possible. To the point of being legitimately concerning at times. It's carried over to MOTY status for me by the significance of the participants, but even without the circumstances of Moxley's signing it would still be an incredible match.

Hell yes!

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Final - 6/5

Absolutely loving incredible from start to finish.

Holy loving poo poo, yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

MOTYC: Amazing Red vs. Will Ospreay Super J Cup 8/22

Red's still got it.

Very belated Nth to this match. Some spots were a bit off, but for a guy who is semi-retired and has had the serious injuries he had, he still is pretty loving Amazing, and Ospreay just always delivers.