Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs KAI, Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship, AJPW, 3rd January

Overlooked a bit because of the dome and stuff: this was a very good match that stands up against anything at Wrestle Kingdom.

More people should probably see this so yeah 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTY: Baron Corbin vs Braun Strowman. Worst feud of the year already/continued from last year

Yep yep yep third.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Iron Heavymetalweight battle royale, DDT Coming to America 4/4

Yeah may as well give this a +1

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: HARASHIMA and Kazusada Higuchi vs Jason Kincaid and Shigehiro Irie vs Ethan Page and Akito, DDT Coming to America 4/4

3rd. Three way tags are often a mess but this one was fantastic

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs Daisuke Sasaki for the KO-D Openweight Title, DDT Coming to America 4/4

2nd. Watch the show if you were considering it at all

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Nth the HM on Swoggle vs Steiner.

Also I don't know if I can really HM it but I definitely recommend the Joshua Bishop vs Dominic Garrini I Quit match from AIW if you like insane deathmatches

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: A-Kid vs Jake Atlas vs Slim J vs Shane Mercer vs Australian Suicide vs Jungle Boy, scramble match - Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 1 4/5

nth this one, even if slim j vanished off the face of the earth during it

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: Invisible Man vs Invisible Stan, Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 Part 1 4/5

+1 to this too. an absolute masterclass

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I know this isn’t an actual thing here but

WORST loving SHOW EVER CANDIDATE WINNER

Blackcraft Wrestling: No Apologies, 4/6

The loving dirtworst piece of trash I’ve seen since Heroes of Wrestling. This was just unspeakably bad. In every way possible.

Someone was crucified. Someone was murdered. A nazi wrestled. Everything was like 5 minutes long or less. The main event went four seconds. The co-main didn’t have anyone even enter the ring until right before a countout ended the match. There was like a million matches for some reason. They evidently forgot they booked a battle royal because they threw it out after their main with like 25 people and it lasted 5 minutes.

Everything about this sucked so bad.

YUP

Nth to WMOTYC for every match on this card except Dickinson vs Tanaka

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'll HM the 4 way tag team match just for the PCO bumps

Yeah, me too. Even if it's not quite there I think that, like all PCO matches, it should probably be seen if you like crazy old man spots

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

MOTYC - The Greatest Clusterfuck - JJSB3 PT. 2

yup

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Dustin Rhodes vs. Cody Rhodes, AEW Double or Nothing 5/25

Goddamn this match loving ruled

Nth. If Cody gets his 5* match out of this I'm not gonna be mad.

Also HM to Best Friends/Evans and Angelico.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gonna go HM for Ibushi vs Naito. That was a great match brought down somewhat by a nasty botch that Ibushi got up from, but it wasn't as good as a couple other matches this week. The only way I could ever see going WMOTY for it is if they'd done that apron botch on purpose, which they obviously didn't.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

HM: Michael Nakazawa vs Jebailey: AEW Fyter Fest

nth

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

You will never like a Darby Allin match old man

HM: Cody vs Darby Allin, AEW Fyter Fest

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

HM: Kenny Omega vs CIMA: AEW Fight for the Fallen

I can do HM. It wasn't even Kenny's best match this year and he's only had like four, but it was good.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

MOTYC: DDT Extreme Title – IPPON Fluorescent Lighttube Death Match: Akito (c) Vs Asuka Peter Pan 2019 15/07/2019 Tokyo Ota Ward Gymnasium

e: gently caress beaten but this match loving owns.

3rd! I think if it had gone another couple minutes I'd be giving it a MOTYC vote.

e. Yeah you know what MOTYC. Really unique and incredibly tense - not even just for a gimmick match, just in general.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 15, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Wrestle Peter Pan (7/15)

jesus loving christ

Definitely, nth.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm trying to figure out which match has the most potential to gently caress it up for him and I guess it's either Yano or Goto if Goto has one of his weird off days. Everything else is pretty much a guaranteed banger.

Ishii/Goto was 5 stars last year so hopefully it is again.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Akileese posted:

HM: Konosuke Takeshita Vs Chris Brookes, DDT “SUMMER VACATION 2019”, 21/07/2019

Really good match that delivered on all fronts.

Definitely, 2nd

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta catch up on the rest of the card but:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Tetsuya Naito - NJPW G1 Climax Night 14 - 8/4

Absolutely loving incredible match in front of an electric crowd.

2nd for sure

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Ibushi got more hurt off that Kenta match and nobody rated it WMOTY

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Puma King (c) vs. Kikutaro for the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (9/29)

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1178537297815359488?s=19

Nth. I love that one of the replies is "hey, guy with the sunglasses, are you coming to DDT? I want you to"

NienNunb posted:

5th. Love the implication here that Aubrey, Kikutaro, Orange, and Puma King hanging out in a basement rumpus room in full gear isn’t out of the ordinary.

On a poppin dogs episode they mention that Cassidy shows up to venues in basically exactly what he wrestles in, but he changes into a slightly different t-shirt and jeans before his match. Maybe they all do that.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Jake Lee for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 47th Anniversary (10/24)

2nd

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

PublicOpinion posted:

Adding my vote to:
HM: Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe vs Sakisama and Misao, DDT Ultimate Party 2019, 3rd November 2019
HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs Shoko Nakajima from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd
HM: Antonio Honda and Miyu vs Kenny Omega and Riho from DDT Ultimate Party Nov 3rd
MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. HARASHIMA for the KO-D Openweight & DDT Extreme Championship - Ultimate Party (11/3)

Had a real fun time watching the show, glad I stayed up. Even if I missed most of the build, Takeshita was such a dick during the match that I was rabid to see HARA knee him to death.

Nth these

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

CMLL should gently caress these guys up for stealing their gimmick of the autumn old guys WMOTYC match.

The obvious way to top this is to get these guys vs the CMLL olds in an 8 man tag

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

HM: Chris Brookes vs Konosuke Takeshita, DDT D-OH Grand Prix 12/14

there are a lot of other matches that probably deserve some nominations from this tournament, but this is the one I just watched that had one of my favorite wrestlers vs the DDT KO-D Openweight champion so I'm putting it up

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I thought something was up there, but wikipedia still had him as champ and I am far too sleepy to check cagematch.

One of my favorite wrestlers vs the FORMER KO-D Openweight champion, having lost it to the extraordinarily handsome 45 year old HARASHIMA. And speaking of Brookes/Endo it's about to happen again in a couple minutes here.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 14, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

IceAgeComing posted:

HM: Chihiro Hashimoto vs Chris Brookes, DDT D-Ou Grand Prix in Yokohama, A Block, 29th November 2019

2nd, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
Gatoh Move
22nd December
Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanshi vs Emi Sakura & Lulupencil

3rd