Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

People who say unions are better than no unions have never been a part of a lovely union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Davros1 posted:

People who say unions are better than no unions have never been a part of a lovely union.

Or seen employees abuse the union system by being lovely employees because they know they won't get fired for it. I saw way more of it from that side of things when I worked for a grocery store in high school and college than I ever saw the union actually protect the rights of an employee.

For content: People that don't follow traffic laws and patterns in an effort to be polite. No, you should not stop in the middle of the road just because I am waiting to turn across your lane of traffic. You stopping just made both of us get where we were going slower because I had to figure out that you were stopping and wait for you to try to let me go, whereas if you just kept driving I could have turned sooner and you'd be past me already. You're also risking an accident of anyone behind you. Just drive.

rockcity has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Jan 9, 2019

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Morons who think bad union employees mean all unions are always bad.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

People who use innocuous threads about people that piss you off to jam their politics into your face and derail a good thing.

(I agree people should unionize FWIW, but I post in C-SPAM for that)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The union I was a part of:

Let the company cancel our raises.

Allowed the company to restrict the use of previous unrestricted sick days (i.e. if you had 12 sick days, you could only call in sick using 9 of those. The other
3 had to be scheduled in advance)

One year, the company suddenly announced, in Dec, with no warning, that personal time would only be given out the following year at month that corresponded with your hire date (i.e. if you were hired in Jan., that's when you'd get your time. But if you'd been hired in Nov., you'd have to wait until then.) So a lot of employees, who'd used up their "use it or lose it" time, expecting to get it back at the start of the year, got screwed.

Me, personally, I transferred to another dept. Now I was making more in my old dept, and per union contract, would keep that pay. The company said I'd have to take a pay cut. I went to the union. Union came back and said, nope, I'd have to take the pay cut even though in previous instances, that hadn't happened to other employees.

Now here's the kicker, there were two different unions with this company. One that represented the "rank and file", (like myself) the other represented the "Professionals". The "Professionals" union had rejected, at various times, all of the above, and the company dutifully acquiesced.

Oh, and then one year that we were to vote on a new contract, they gave all the union stewards the week off of the vote so they wouldn't be around to answer any questions.

Davros1 has a new favorite as of 00:50 on Jan 10, 2019

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

ryonguy posted:

Morons who think bad union employees mean all unions are always bad.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
People who take compliments as an opportunity to criticize their complimenter.
Overly cynical fuckwads enjoying a relatively charmed first world existence.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
People who love to insert themselves into your conversation by telling you they don't care/aren't interested about the thing you're talking about. Especially in comment sections of any given website.

"Hey, did you see that show last night?"

"I don't even own a TV."

"Well, get the gently caress out because we do."

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
people who post on reddit or imgur

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

BobbyK posted:

people who post on reddit or imgur

Especially imgur, since they're cheering from the sidelines after being booted from reddit.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The Waterboy is one of the best football movies ever made

Also its adam sandlers best movie fight me if you disagree.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
People who wait until they hear their grocery total before even starting to fill out their check.

The assistant manager at my apt complex who won't spay or vaccinate her dogs because "they don't need all those chemicals!"

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

kreyla posted:

People who wait until they hear their grocery total before even starting to fill out their check.

People that still use checkbooks in stores period.
The only reason to write a check is paying your rent and having proof of it because your landlord is a lying, lazy, fat bag of poo poo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Everybody. Absolutely everybody. Ever person sucks and I hate them all, including myself.

Except Mr. Rogers. He's cool.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

People who push their way to the front to get off the train first and then walk really slowly after they get out.

Why :confused:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The people who pile shopping bags onto the seats next to them on the train instead of in front of them though, they can gently caress off.

People who sit on your bag instead of finding an empty seat or asking you to move them. I wouldn't even believe this was a thing if I hadn't experienced it myself on multiple occasions. Not even on crowded buses/trams/trains. There can be multiple empty seats and some dickhead will still try to sit on top of someone else's stuff. Their thought process is incomprehensible to me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

American tourists trying to use pennies in my store. Get with the times, Billy the Kid, we don't use copper coins in the great white north.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

fisting by many posted:

People who push their way to the front to get off the train first and then walk really slowly after they get out.

Why :confused:

Similarly, people who melt their tires pulling out of a side street in front of you only to go half the speed limit.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tony Snark posted:

People that still use checkbooks in stores period.
The only reason to write a check is paying your rent and having proof of it because your landlord is a lying, lazy, fat bag of poo poo.

the sweaty desperation of this old advertising campaign on behalf of the check industry will never, ever stop being funny to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG3luLjg74Y

loving lol, come on

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I feel like this all the time even if i'm going like 2-23. It's their fault for not covering me as I charge out into the same place I got killed the last 23 times.

What really winds me up is when I know I'm still at fault. Sometimes in dota we'll cock up our lane slightly, and it's all "okay, three deaths, that's less than ideal, but we should be alright if the other guys are.... they're loving 0-10"

They just need to not be totally incompetent! I'm only minimally poo poo why can't you be too!

Its a weird piece of self-rationalisation and its uncomfortable when I catch myself doing it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who write "nth century" and mean the nth century BCE because obviously the reader will know which side of 0 poo poo is happening.

Fucker if I already knew about the stuff I wouldn't be reading your lovely article in the first place!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, I hope you take a moment during your break from SA and get some therapy. You seem very angry.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

People who go "that's not a real swastika you know" regardless of context.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Customers who walk up and interrupt while I’m with another customer. I don’t give a flying poo poo if I’m the only employee you’ve seen on the store floor, I’m behind a counter/restricted area (because I don’t work on the floor EVER, something that’s patently obvious where I work) but more importantly I’M HELPING SOMEONE ELSE. Wait your gee dee turn you entitled son of a bitch.

Interrupters are typically men over 50, followed by elderly women who look like they have some money, and vastly are white. And you better believe it’s more likely to happen when the customer I’m with isn’t, or is a younger woman.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

rockcity posted:

For content: People that don't follow traffic laws and patterns in an effort to be polite. No, you should not stop in the middle of the road just because I am waiting to turn across your lane of traffic. You stopping just made both of us get where we were going slower because I had to figure out that you were stopping and wait for you to try to let me go, whereas if you just kept driving I could have turned sooner and you'd be past me already. You're also risking an accident of anyone behind you. Just drive.

People who do this in the nearest of two on-coming lanes and then get mad when you don't respond to their politeness by turning into traffic and getting smashed by cars that continue to drive through the further away of the two lanes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I know a lot of people who just won't turn left onto a yard or minor road because "you can't get in!". Just put your blinker on and try you doofus! (I'm not telling them to go gently caress themselves, just have a bit of optimism.)

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People who love to wallow in their misery and become emotional vampires under the guise of being your friend. I am not your godamn therapist or cheerleader, we all have problems, but your self induced frenzies constantly are so tiresome. I keep doing the same stupid poo poo without change, why is this happening again and again?! A mystery.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Motherfucker posted:

People who don't grasp the 15 minutes of hate format of my thread. How do you gently caress this up? You have multiple examples.

2edgy4me

But I'm an old so ignore me

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

cinni posted:

People who love to wallow in their misery and become emotional vampires under the guise of being your friend. I am not your godamn therapist or cheerleader, we all have problems, but your self induced frenzies constantly are so tiresome. I keep doing the same stupid poo poo without change, why is this happening again and again?! A mystery.

Yeah, you try to be nice, but that just makes them latch on like lampreys.
Because the second they notice any kind of support they just lounge, because they know they can likely get what they want from you, with no consideration of anyone but themselves.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SubNat posted:

Yeah, you try to be nice, but that just makes them latch on like lampreys.
Because the second they notice any kind of support they just lounge, because they know they can likely get what they want from you, with no consideration of anyone but themselves.

The worst is when they start using emotional blackmail to get their way. "Do what I want or I'll be sad! You don't care! You're making me hurt myself!"

...not that I have entirely too much experience with that kind of person.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

People who shove things in their rear end and/or vagina

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cinni posted:

Even worse the ones that drat near poo poo themselves when you show any problem of stress in your life.

It's like "motherfucker, I listen to you bitch about your ex all the time, let me bash the poo poo of a pallet with a crowbar because I'm working through a few things this doesn't concern your candyass" but they act like they caught you banging their mom and are all :airquote:uncomfortable :airquote:.

Brute Hole Force has a new favorite as of 05:29 on Jan 22, 2019

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's mostly just your kind of people, OP. So overall, not a big deal overall.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Tony Snark posted:

Even worse the ones that drat near poo poo themselves when you show any problem of stress in your life.

Or they invalidate your feelings by telling you they have it so much harder.

Another people who can go gently caress themselves: the ones who base their entire personality around being introverted, as this apparently makes them very special fragile people. I say this as a chronically shy and awkward person, there's gotta be more to your life than the fact that sometimes you're bad at being social.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

THE BOURGEOISIE

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Vietnamwees posted:

So overall, not a big deal overall.

People who are redundant

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Motherfuckers who, like, pretend they're happy about some nebulous imaginary group of Bad People getting upset.

Like loving Blizzard says "Oh yeah this one bland rear end cookie cutter dipshit is gay or something, whatever" and then you get lazy rear end bedroom slacktivists all "CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS PISSES OFF THE MAGABRO GAMERGATERS :allears:" or some douchebag Youtube word style hero says he hates Jews and Mexicans need to go away and it's all "HAHA FUKKEN SHITLIB BITCHES GETTING THEIR PANTIES IN A BUNCH TRIGGERED MUCH :pepe:" and it's like, fucker, you're not the vanguard in the culture war because you're loving sitting online feigning happiness over imagining some imaginary dude getting upset over ephemeral media jesus gently caress git fukt that's like nine layers too abstract to be anything other than mental illness.

Also any oval office that drives an Audi, people who use the phrase "just turned round and said" and people who keep rattling at you after you've apologised and rectified whatever situation is bugging them. gently caress all those people also.

Oh and Gordon Ramsey. And people who cry, in general.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Disgusting Coward posted:

pretend they're happy

What makes you think they're pretending?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

What makes you think they're pretending?

What makes YOU so firmly believe that they ARE pretending?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Jerry Cotton posted:

THE BOURGEOISIE

You rang?

Content: People parking somewhere with no designated parking when it snows, then only cleaning off their car when it's time to leave and making NO attempt to clean out the spot. Bonus anger if they then park in one of the completely cleared out spots when they come back.