Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I said come in! posted:

Endgame will probably only make about half of what Infinity War made to be honest.

some stupid bullshit is going to happen and they're gonna do a trailer, just like they did with spider-man in civil war. but instead of the spidey reveal it's gonna be hugh jackman's wolverine. even though he's in the trailer for about 2 seconds, the hype will lead to the movie making 30 trillion dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going to see and probably enjoy this film.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

Any predictions on the quality of the quips in this movie?

ALFbrot posted:

And the tension?

Timby posted:

Nigh-unbearable.

Pirate Jet posted:

But none of it will be as good as Thor telling Hulk he’s a bad friend, the most heart-breaking moment in all of cinema.

You guys :allears:

jet sanchEz posted:

I just saw Infinity War on Netflix, is the Captain Marvel movie required viewing before Endgame?

Going by their track record, lol no.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It delights me that one of the primary character arcs in Endgame is going to be “will Bruce Banner turn into the Hulk.”

Something that fans have waited decades to see on the big screen.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Fart City posted:

It delights me that one of the primary character arcs in Endgame is going to be “will Bruce Banner turn into the Hulk.”

Something that fans have waited decades to see on the big screen.

So what are the odds at some point Cap points to Hulk and says "Hulk....smash"? Considering the quality of Russos previous work I'm gonna say it's 1.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
There's concept art out there of the Hulk wearing some kind of armored suit for this one, so...

If the leaked concept art is accurate, Thanos will also be getting some kind of halberd thing to fight with.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

McCloud posted:

So what are the odds at some point Cap points to Hulk and says "Hulk....smash"? Considering the quality of Russos previous work I'm gonna say it's 1.

So a throwback to the first Avengers film? Cheeky.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
But the hulk already got beaten up by the bad smart purple hulk so whats the point.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Time has finally come for live action Mr. Fixit.

http://www.incrediblehulkonline.com/greyhulk.html

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
How do we feel about this being named after a Beckett play? I feel good about it.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

All I want out of this movie is for Hawkeye to die for real.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Word coming out is that future trailers will only include the first 15-20 minutes of the film. So either Marvel is respecting spoilers or they are so far behind on editing the film they have no idea what will be in it and are covering their asses.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

100% chance the post credits stinger is Fury doing some kind of briefing that ends with him saying the word "mutants" or having a big X light up on a map of the USA followed by like 200 more X's going off everywhere complete with ominous stare/nod

porfiria posted:

How do we feel about this being named after a Beckett play? I feel good about it.

"How's that fake eye, Thor?"
"I don't complain."
"You feel normal?"
"I tell you, I don't complain!"

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 9, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Justin Godscock posted:

Word coming out is that future trailers will only include the first 15-20 minutes of the film. So either Marvel is respecting spoilers or they are so far behind on editing the film they have no idea what will be in it and are covering their asses.

It's not "word," Feige literally said that in an interview.

They're just hiding the reveal of Captain Marvel sticking a screwdriver up Thanos' rear end until the test screening results from Captain Marvel's solo movie come in, and if worse comes to worse they'll tease some poo poo like, I don't know, Hulk and Cap doing their version of a Cannonball Special.

DLC Inc posted:

100% chance the post credits stinger is Fury doing some kind of briefing that ends with him saying the word "mutants" or having a big X light up on a map of the USA followed by like 200 more X's going off everywhere complete with ominous stare/nod

Disney does not own Fox yet, nor does it own Fox's properties, and it won't until the middle of this year at the soonest. This is not happening.

Timby fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 9, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
See it, because it's a movie and all your friends are going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bOZvZqmSmA&t=201s

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Timby posted:

It's not "word," Feige literally said that in an interview.

They're just hiding the reveal of Captain Marvel sticking a screwdriver up Thanos' rear end until the test screening results from Captain Marvel's solo movie come in, and if worse comes to worse they'll tease some poo poo like, I don't know, Hulk and Cap doing their version of a Cannonball Special.

Disney does not own Fox yet, nor does it own Fox's properties, and it won't until the middle of this year at the soonest. This is not happening.

I guess it'll be Adam Warlock poo poo instead

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The stakes have never been higher

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Folks, the stakes have never been higher

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Reality check: The stakes have never been higher

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What stakes? Is he going to kill the other 50% too?

Cancel the movie.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

No no no no

The stocks have never been higher.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

In an alternate script rejected by Disney Thanos was out to wipe out 50% of all debt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MiddleOne posted:

What stakes? Is he going to kill the other 50% too?

Cancel the movie.

I really honest to god don't know where you could take an Infinity War sequel. Thanos hosed off to some probably super remote planet to chill out and smoke weed for the rest of his life. He wants to be left alone and has no obligation to fight anyone at this point. As far as we know his gauntlet still works, and he still has all of the stones, making him a literal god. My understanding of the soul infinity stone, is that in the comics it traps the souls of everyone it snaps. The only logical explanation for what this story is going to be about is that the remaining Avengers will have to find and fight Thanos again to restore the universe, but that is not a battle they are going to win unless the story goes somewhere painfully bad that I can't even think up.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's weird because Infinity War didn't really have the most stellar of expectations and yet somehow fired into the stars as a brilliant success (despite that it by all objective metrics should have been an absolute mess of a movie). Now we're in the opposite situation, expectations couldn't be higher and I have no idea how they could ever live up to them.

The only thing that seems for certain is that someone of the old co-stars is retiring from the franchise. They very intentionally wrote off almost all of the new characters from this movie (Ant-man and Captain Marvel excluded).

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Hmm I’m guessing the avengers are prolly just gonna punch until a solution presents itself.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MiddleOne posted:

It's weird because Infinity War didn't really have the most stellar of expectations and yet somehow fired into the stars as a brilliant success (despite that it by all objective metrics should have been an absolute mess of a movie). Now we're in the opposite situation, expectations couldn't be higher and I have no idea how they could ever live up to them.

When did this happen?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sorry, not in the sense that people weren't excited for the movie. In the sense that everyone expected it to be a mess. Like off the top off my head concerns I remember were:

1. How is Thanos not going to be just another unexciting Marvel villain after all this hype.
2. How is the pace of the movie not going to be awful.
3. How is this movie just not going to exacerbate the character bloat problems of Avengers 2.

Remember when Marvel movies used to be average instead of good?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
um

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Endgame has no novelty anymore. Infinity War was all about getting everybody to the tea party, and the pre-Avengers character roster was basically reset at the end. I’m not super interested in another Age Of Ultron.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dunno, I personally loved Infinity War. I just watched it again yesterday.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MiddleOne posted:

Sorry, not in the sense that people weren't excited for the movie. In the sense that everyone expected it to be a mess. Like off the top off my head concerns I remember were:

1. How is Thanos not going to be just another unexciting Marvel villain after all this hype.
2. How is the pace of the movie not going to be awful.
3. How is this movie just not going to exacerbate the character bloat problems of Avengers 2.

Remember when Marvel movies used to be average instead of good?

All that and more happened.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guess we had a difference of experience. I expected all of those things and when word of mouth started indicating that anything different was going I could not believe it until I actually watched the movie.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i consider infinity war as a kindness from the disney corp. allowing the last marvel movie i watch to be the funniest canonical end possible for the series

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Guess we had a difference of experience. I expected all of those things and when word of mouth started indicating that anything different was going I could not believe it until I actually watched the movie.

They teamed up, they quipped and fought a bunch of faceless CGI mooks. That's exactly what always happens.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Spam Musubi posted:

Round Two. The stakes have never been higher.

The stakes are actually 50% lower.

nvm the joke was already made

Edit: Here's my prediction: Tony Stark will die in this movie, but there will be an Iron Man spinoff where a teenager discovers the tech in a old garage and Robert Downy Jr will be the voice of Jarvis.

Warm und Fuzzy fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 10, 2019

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

The stakes are actually 50% lower.

nvm the joke was already made

Edit: Here's my prediction: Tony Stark will die in this movie, but there will be an Iron Man spinoff where a teenager discovers the tech in a old garage and Robert Downy Jr will be the voice of Jarvis.

I believe there was a comic where the next iron man is a girl, I could be wrong.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Spam Musubi posted:

I believe there was a comic where the next iron man is a girl, I could be wrong.

Yeah, Riri Williams first appeared two or thee years ago IIRC:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

I said come in! posted:

I really honest to god don't know where you could take an Infinity War sequel. Thanos hosed off to some probably super remote planet to chill out and smoke weed for the rest of his life. He wants to be left alone and has no obligation to fight anyone at this point. As far as we know his gauntlet still works, and he still has all of the stones, making him a literal god. My understanding of the soul infinity stone, is that in the comics it traps the souls of everyone it snaps. The only logical explanation for what this story is going to be about is that the remaining Avengers will have to find and fight Thanos again to restore the universe, but that is not a battle they are going to win unless the story goes somewhere painfully bad that I can't even think up.

Yes, I wish they would have waited for the X-men acquisition and done something weird with that instead.

Hopefully they don't follow up on the time travel that they mention in Antman 2 and then forget about. Having Scott give everyone a second chance would be pretty underwhelming.

Fart City posted:

Endgame has no novelty anymore. Infinity War was all about getting everybody to the tea party, and the pre-Avengers character roster was basically reset at the end. I’m not super interested in another Age Of Ultron.

I'm interested if only to see which actors will finally let their contracts run out. That's probably a shared sentiment at this point. I'm not in the know, and I've been expecting Downey to tap out since Civil War.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 10, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Donnerberg posted:

Hopefully they don't follow up on the time travel that they mention in Antman 2 and then forget about. Having Scott give everyone a second chance would be pretty underwhelming.

The Russos said in an interview that Strange did something with the Time Stone. There's a reason he told Tony they're in the endgame, and that it was the only way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Prediction - Captain Marvel bombs and is criticaly panned, Disney already filmed her scenes in such a way that they can be edited out quickly, and retcon the end of IW by showing Captain Marvel get dusted during the snap