Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I don’t think so. Disney’s been seeding Captain Marvel hype for a minute now. We’re only going to see that push get heavier as we get closer to release date. They really, really need an especially good final trailer to push it over the top though. Either way I don’t see it thudding like Ant-Man & The Wasp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hat Thoughts posted:

The steaks have never been higher

you're thinking of the sequel to Sausage Party, not Avengers.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fart City posted:

I don’t think so. Disney’s been seeding Captain Marvel hype for a minute now. We’re only going to see that push get heavier as we get closer to release date. They really, really need an especially good final trailer to push it over the top though. Either way I don’t see it thudding like Ant-Man & The Wasp.

Yeah, they're just starting the "be empowered by the first Marvel super woman" angle and that will be played up heavily, as will the direct lead in to Infinity War (I'm surprised we haven't yet but I feel like we're going to eventually get some kind of ad/spot that references the snap and Fury's beeper to hype up that this is who Fury called to save the world after the mega cultural event known as The Snap)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Donnerberg posted:

I'm interested if only to see which actors will finally let their contracts run out. That's probably a shared sentiment at this point. I'm not in the know, and I've been expecting Downey to tap out since Civil War.

Evans' and Hemsworth's contracts are up. RDJ has been on movie-to-movie deals ever since Iron Man 3 (his original deal was for three Iron Mans and The Avengers), so he got like $40 million for Civil War and somewhere around $15 million for showing up in Homecoming for about ten minutes.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah, Riri Williams first appeared two or thee years ago IIRC:

To recreate this with RDJ that girl gonna have to be like, 4’6”

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DeimosRising posted:

To recreate this with RDJ that girl gonna have to be like, 4’6”

just get Marsai Martin now and hope she doesn't grow any more.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Man, it's been like 3 films before they get to do any actual avenging.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Final scene prediction: Iron Man is about to kill Thanos before he gasps "Save... Captain" and he can't do it realizing that both Marvel and America have the same first name.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Bedshaped posted:

Final scene prediction: Iron Man is about to kill Thanos before he gasps "Save... Captain" and he can't do it realizing that both Marvel and America have the same first name.

but will captain marvel change her last name to America when they get married???

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Raisin the Stakes: An Avengers Opera in Four Acts

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bedshaped posted:

Strongly looking forward to the 'captain' 'captain' joke.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I’m calling it right now, the movie ends with Captain America going back to the 40’s to have his dance with Peggy Carter, and it will be praised as pure poetry

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fart City posted:

I’m calling it right now, the movie ends with Captain America going back to the 40’s to have his dance with Peggy Carter, and it will be praised as pure poetry

I actually want this and I might cry at it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

I actually want this and I might cry at it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5L07t8yd_a4

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
really hope the movie is just 2 hours of thanos hanging out at his farm

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the MCU and I’m exited for the last Avengers movie with characters I care about.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Peanut President posted:

I want a scene of him furiously putting together a scarecrow to scare off space birds from getting his space corn

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

My other prediction is that the Hulk will finally get his GED.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Peanut President posted:

Marvel's Harvest Moon

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fart City posted:

My other prediction is that the Hulk will finally get his GED.

God bless.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Peanut President posted:

I hope someone burns Thanos' farm while he watches.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hope someone burns Thanos' farm while he watches.

Only half of it.

Unfortunately, it's the bottom half.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

My hope for this movie is that it's a cool hour and a half long.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

pospysyl posted:

My hope for this movie is that it's a cool hour and a half long.

Lol sorry babe

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Lucky thanos is apparently an arable farmer rather than livestock.

Is thanos vegan?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lucky thanos is apparently an arable farmer rather than livestock.

Is thanos vegan?

Almost certainly.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

The Avengers' plan to tiptoe in and slip the gauntlet off of Thanos while he's asleep is interrupted when Thanos does a half snore and The Avengers draw a deep breath.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Captain Marvel's ability to award No Prizes to readers who discover plot holes weakens the reality stone.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

The Avengers' plan to tiptoe in and slip the gauntlet off of Thanos while he's asleep is interrupted when Thanos does a half snore and The Avengers draw a deep breath.

It's going to be really disappointing when it turns out Ant-Man shrinking the gauntlet is how the conflict is resolved.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fart City posted:

Plus Ant-Man & The Wasp wasn't huge but you're never going to see a single Marvel movie completely bomb out of nowhere (especially one with as much inertia as this). It's going to be a slow decline which, assuming this movie involves/leads into new cast members or actually radically changes the setting instead of setting everything back the way it was, they might actually stave off completely.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fart City posted:

It's Marvel, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to redeem Red Skull.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Fart City posted:

Everything they showed for the CM trailers so far looks not great (Brie's phoned in preformance?), but maybe they're doing an inverse of DCEU movies, aka showing off okayish trailers to set the expectations low enough for a stealth hit in theatres. It's kind of deep-state guerrilla marketing.

The MCU has so fine-tuned the art of churning out mediocre-to-good blockbusters it's probably impossible for them to release a movie that is genuinely between awful and less-than-mediocre.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Don’t Wake Thanny

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Don't Wake Zaddy

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Don’t Wake Snappy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Milton-Bradley has the technology, all we need is a reskin!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ror posted:

Please be careful about Endgame spoilers, thank you.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Ror posted:

Misread this as foreskin. I feel like this would have enhanced the experienced. :(

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Ror posted:

drat, that Hulk looks like a plastic surgery addict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

It's Marvel, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to redeem Red Skull.

He's not a young black guy, so yeah, probably.