Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cleretic posted:

The original plan was actually, instead of splicing in archival footage, to re-shoot those scenes they use from The Tenth Planet. There was never a plan to totally recreate it, it was just an alternative way to do that opening bit.

They did shoot the stuff, using the original camera positions and blocking (the bits they did reshoot and use with Bradley were using the methods they normally use for New Who), and you can see it in the behind-the-scenes special they did.

EDIT: Mark Gatiss did say, in that exact special, that he'd have liked to see that approach to recreating the missing episodes. Because when they actually did do it, it wasn't too hard and did look pretty good, although of course a big part of it was being able to re-use stuff they already had around from Adventure in Space and Time and New Who. Never would've happened if they hadn't just that season made O.G. Cybermen costumes.

That's a sweet idea, but how slavishly do you adhere to the idea of remaking something that's techniques and technology have dated so much? Do you include any goofs or noted bad acting? Its very much a no win scenario I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Is there still a spoiler thread? I can't see one and I want to discuss the set leak that came out today.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

The Doctor Who Facebook story has posted some lovely clear console room shots, and it’s still unclear how it all fits together. Did you know there’s stairs? Also is that ceiling crystal and the blue bits on the joints new?

The ceiling crystal and the blue bits are both new, yep, and so are the stairs.