Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.
I noticed that the tactic for the Resolution Dalek was similar to this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSvI1lsBEY&t=1233s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.
Love and Monsters is fine. It shows you a type of villain that does exists -the trampling nerd. And shows that any resolution involving nerds and geeks can just be weird and sometimes distasteful. But that's part of them being them.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.
The BBCs remit is to inform educate and entertain. They try stuff and it works to varying degrees. I remember Love and monsters after all these years because it did an important life lesson rather than the shout I am the Doctor at the sky/sun episodes. I remember the God Complex because of similar reasons. Fans deserve to have the mirror held up to them otherwise the better ones don't get a chance to step back from their misanthropy.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fun (or "fun") fact: I recently learned through the magic of unwelcome YouTube recommendations that these guys have now teamed up with the Star Wars fandom and that we can look forward (or "look forward") to the release of the fan-made documentary (or "documentary") "Episode Backlash" which promises to be the last word on how fans have turned against both Star Wars and Doctor Who because they are "too political" now. :v:

This information was revealed to me by a grown man sitting in a room full of toys.

Sound like 'the Quatering' from the toys description.

Backlash made me think of Timelash.

To be fair 13 seems like a Primary school teacher. Whereas 12 was the academic lecturer who demands you keep up or be left behind. It might just be as the new generation of adolescents, the ones after millenials get to be the companions age and the pathos that comes from them has entered the Tardis. The anxiety and the reliance and approval of peers. Kind of why I liked Kerblam. The fresh faced millenial villain. Sort of new. But I do kind of dislike the overall softness rather than the kindliness with a dangerous edge.