Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Recently re-watched Heaven Sent/Hell Bent and still shocked people liked it. I feel it was peak Doctor Who head-up-its-own rear end. This is more so the actual finale of Hell Bent. The whole hybrid plot was a massive mistake/waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Catching up on the Twitch marathon and Troughton was pretty dang good.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It was a fine season. Not the dregs and nothing out of this world. Just fine.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SiKboy posted:

Excepting Matt Smith.

Yeah his was the opposite. Moffat had so many great ideas and then just got progressively worse.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Really bummed I missed The Caves of Androzani on Twitch either late last night or early this morning. I've managed to watch every other regeneration episode.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Personally I'd be happy if the Daleks and Cybermen go away for a while. Unless there's a truly great story, I feel like we have been circling the drain lately of the same motifs and themes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Its future Antarctica.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'd love a two parter that somehow incorporates the 8th Doctor with either the 13th or whoever comes next. Let him get a proper full episode, not just the minisode.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The David Tennant podcast with Jodie Whitaker was a good listen.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://play.acast.com/s/davidtennant

And other places podcasts are sold

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you didnt know, apparently Logopolis is being played in US theaters in two weeks. I saw the ad before my movie tonight.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Catherine Tate was on the newest David Tennant podcast. They spend the last 15 minutes or so talking about Doctor Who. I thought it was pretty interesting none of the Doctor Who staff thought Tate would agree to come back for the 4th Series, but when she did - they axed another companion/storyline they had planned out.

It's also great how little Doctor Who she has watched or understood.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The resolution of her storyline/arc and the mystique around Clara never had a satisfactory payoff to me and generally took me out of the show and I didnt come back until Jodie.

Part of that too was probably just exasperation of how I felt the show was going under Moffat and was already weary in the last year of Matt Smith.

Going back to watch the last Capaldi year was pretty refreshing though.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It should have had all the companions get together to give the Doctor their energy so he could spirit bomb the Daleks

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Run into 2019 Jez and Mark and bring them on the TARDIS.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought the newest rumor was a New Years Day release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bring back Jonathan Pryce as the Master