Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:kazooieass:
This poll is closed.
COMFY 90 19.40%
CLASSY 31 6.68%
HORNY 157 33.84%
PEPSI 186 40.09%
Total: 464 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hi speedfriends!

i won’t be posting this time basically at all, because i’ll actually be at the event!

you can catch me on the couch during the Bloodstained run, and then reading donations on mic during the Super Mario RPG run

happy posting without me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

oh hey I'm hosting that run, I didn't know you were couching for it.

it all works out in the end

:kazooieass: :hf: :kazooieass:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i WILL be the first person to nut on camera at gdq

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Lobster posted:

Nobody has even voted for "classy" yet.

where’s the poll, i missed it and it is illegal to scroll backwards in these threads

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ravus posted:

Top of the page

oh i’m on mobile duh

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

someone post the picture of isabelle getting knocked the gently caress out by little mac

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

come to the practice room of GDQ in the next 30 minutes if you want an rear end kicking

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ravus posted:

Did you get to sleep after your snack?

i had a big ol peanut butter snooze

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh gently caress i sat down in a spot in the stream room where i’ll be on crowd cam i’m the dumbass with a brown bag and blue shirt in his lap on the far left :supaburn:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

you get to hear the game music played between runs in the stream room too this fuckin rules

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you’re looking for me on stream i’m currently behind the kungfufruitcup icon in the preshow hold screen

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ravus posted:

Man that hard to see

absolutely, i only just noticed

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ramos posted:

Get out front and do the Fortnite dance so we know it's you.

n...... no.........

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Your Computer posted:

whenever kaubocks is not on screen, everyone should be asking "where's kaubocks?"

the only good use of twitch chat

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmfao

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks AGDQ Day 1 Trip Report:

so the two biggest time saves in pringles if you’re running All A’s is lag reduction optimization and wobble cancelling

lag reduction is pretty straightforward. whenever you pick up a pringle, it shoots off particle effects. starting in world 2 (tomato & basil) and continuing in world 3 (brack papper), if the screen is being scrolled horizontally when these effects are on screen you suffer extreme bouts of lag. to reduce this, the best strategy is to halt all sideways momentum when going up long vertical pringles strings

wobble cancelling is much more complicated. whenever the player returns to the level select screen, there is an animation of the level select wobbling back and forth. no levels can be selected while this is happening and takes up to 2 seconds to play out. however if the user is holding the A button upon returning to the level select screen, the wobble takes less and less time depending on how long the user holds the button

this is a cruel game of chicken, however, because if you hold the A button for too long you will instantly reselect the same level you just played, costing you time to quit the level and try again. this largely results in a reset if going for a competitive time

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ravus posted:

:getin:

edit: did you buy bagels?

i did but it turns out my hotel doesn’t have a toaster so i just wholesale ate one uncooked/uncut like a garbage person. i have not stayed in a hotel in a very long time so i cannot say if me remembering an old hotel having a toaster is a fabrication of my memory or not.

Pigbuster posted:

What's your pb

currently down to 3:18 (19th place on leaderboards) but that was before i started honing in one wobble cancelling. trying to get a completed run pulling it off successfully each stage

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

a penus posted:

source your quotes

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

F. Lobot posted:

Maybe too late butt...

holy poo poo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i heard this guy has IBS

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

has anyone posted horney pringles yet

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

:hmmyes:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fat and Useless posted:

Where the gently caress is Kaubocks? Fix this!

hi i’m at my overflow hotel room and won’t be back at the event until tomorrow. i will be on camera during the bloodstained run! :)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hi guys i did the thing, you might have watched it

i am now about to go back and read the thread from when the run started :)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i read skimmed the thread and it was good, but it’s tough to get any serious emptyquote game going on while phone posting

please pretend i emptyquote every post that has my name in it, thank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/eiffelart/status/1082418750660452357?s=21