Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:kazooieass:
This poll is closed.
COMFY 90 19.40%
CLASSY 31 6.68%
HORNY 157 33.84%
PEPSI 186 40.09%
Total: 464 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Blechy is back this event? nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Keizaron was the best man who happened to be there.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The FF9 run has potential to be very good. They ran it last summer at ESA, unsure though if it was the same crowd.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Bob is a team player.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

And naturally they are playing in Japanese.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Shade skip is badass.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This kinda reminds me that I'd love to get a Pixel Pals version of Hollow knight.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Always loved the made-up language of Hollow Knight. Feels very authentic.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ullerrm posted:

This, but for real, the Path of Pain is basically the surprise "the rest of the game was p. easy, now gently caress you, here's some Celeste-level platforming hell" part of the HK true ending route, and it's amazing to watch a good player run it.

White palace is needed but Path of pain is not, IIRC.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm expecting a sales boost for Hollow knight following this, and it deserves it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Deepnest is legit scary.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

Marmu is a Puss Moth Caterpillar

He's adorable

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm hoping there will be others than me and maybe Ramos and Your Computer posting on early morning/afternoon EU time this time as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Make sure to watch the Radiance fight coming up, it's great.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

We are NOT HEALING

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

AGDQ 2019: Shoot your friend in the rear end to go faster

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This thread is now a weird combination of someone trying to raise a serious abuse issue and others happily spamming around it.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Moon theme is probably a contender with "Go straight" from Streets of Rage 2 and the Shovel Knight main theme (?) as the most played break music on a GDQ.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ThingOne posted:

It's my first time watching GDQ live and I have no idea how ya'll keep up with this thread.

I just go to control panel, hit refresh and go to the latest post. I'm not even trying to keep up anymore.

It will probably be a bit easier when the americans go to sleep, though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ThingOne posted:

It's my first time watching GDQ live and I have no idea how ya'll keep up with this thread.

I will, however, remind that there is the slow thread for posts you want others to see and react to, and you can just as well talk about the runs there if the speed intimidates you here.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Talk about unfortunate timing

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ThingOne posted:

Slow posting seems like a betrayal of the GDQ spirit.

Safe strats is perfectly fine for a marathon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Helmet guy will be shot out of a cannon later on.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

that's commander keen you youth

I am willing to bet I am older than you

(but I still completely missed he's Keen)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

it's always hard to tell, since bad game runs are the same sort of crapshoot as "bad" movies are

it will be almost impossible to reach the heights of arabian nights to the point where they should almost just not do it anymore

literally in my life i have maybe only laughed harder a few times

Just look when the Sonic block starts and you have the start of the awful block

(I think it's the Mega Man DOS game to start from)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

But that's enough about the US Mega Man 1 cover art

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

doesn't zero equip the Mega Man elf at some point basically killing him?

The hell

The original series is where it's at, good ol' Dr. Wily trying to take over the world and stuff, the later games made it too anime

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Since Mega Man is up now: the Yetee shirts this year are pretty great. The Donkey Kong Country shirt is so good https://theyetee.com/collections/agdq/products/dk-express

This is the one I'm getting this year. I love the DK & Diddy art style here.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ullerrm posted:

... watching... runs?

(I don't remember who made this six months ago, but god drat, it needed to get reposted)

I'm that guy unironically

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"He's equipping his cyber-elf"

Is this still Mega Man?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

BURPLE

HECKALOT

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Commentary guy is making this run interesting for me, I never imagined I'd be invested on MMZ2.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

He's pretty close to WR

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I blinked and almost missed SexRex's run but here we are. Good morning, let's get some coffee and play ... iPad game?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

He takes those hits because he's playing on drat iPad

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ceramics posted:

mobile speedruning community

They keep moving constantly.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Save these abominations for the Sonic block ta

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

These hats are snappy

There seems to be an echo though

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Former Human posted:

Every time they say "we have a $25 donation from..." I get excited that they're going to read my comment but no!

Save them for when Punchy is reading donations and get the bonus of getting goon jokes in and read in a sarcastic british voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

You guys are surprisingly judgmental about hats for people who just posted a full page of Sonic fanart