Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:kazooieass:
This poll is closed.
COMFY 90 19.40%
CLASSY 31 6.68%
HORNY 157 33.84%
PEPSI 186 40.09%
Total: 464 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN

BRIEF SELF PROMOTIONAL POST I APOLOGISE FOR NOTHING

I'm up on Tuesday with Silent Hill 2, I think at the asscrack of midnight EST? Something like that. But shortly before that I will be on for an interview thing and then shortly before that I'll be doing my first time hosting at an event like this and I am super loving nervous about that because ahaha what I've never done anything like it for a major event.

plus I'm hosting the mario runs towards the end, hopefully by then I'll have more of a handle on it all.

thanks for indulging my bullshit I'll see you there

edit: oh yeah also I'll be on the couch for Celeste to hoot and holler about the dashes and the strats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Kaubocks posted:

hi speedfriends!

i won’t be posting this time basically at all, because i’ll actually be at the event!

you can catch me on the couch during the Bloodstained run, and then reading donations on mic during the Super Mario RPG run

happy posting without me!

oh hey I'm hosting that run, I didn't know you were couching for it.

it all works out in the end

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

please do not be horny for Isabelle, but please post cute and wholesome pictures of Isabelle that I can look at while I travel for the next 20 goddamn hours to arrive in America.

international flying sucks giant rear end, my dudes.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Farg posted:

ok predictions for best and worst runs of the event go

best: mine

worst: everything that isn't mine

actual predictions

best: i have high hopes for Angel of Darkness, but Celeste is a strong contender

worst: puyo puyo tetris is either going to be amazing or terrible and I have no idea which one I don't know the runner

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

This post has Mean Girls and Isabelle in it and these are two of my favourite things therefore this is the best post this thread will produce

pack it in we're done

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

It's funny because the cat villagers name is Punchy.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

unban me from the Pringles discord you loving coward

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

SeXReX posted:

Just for this you're getting actual banned

as usual I am suppressed for speaking the truth

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/eastlondonFGC/status/1081527109653315589?s=19

Random pivot but remember that TEKKEN 7 run at ESA18 that most of the thread thought was meh?

In the intervening time between that, the guy got sponsored and has a respectable track record in international competition.

I know this isn't exactly speedrunning I'm just glad he found his good ending. :gbsmith:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I have arrived largely uneventfully!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Flight was good, I got to watch Zootopia in Japanese

Zootopia is a fuckin good movie, yo.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1081785249842036736?s=19

PlayStation bullshit already in full swing

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

:jpmf:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Good morning thread. I'm currently trying to decide if it's impolite to take a shower while the rest of my hotel room snoozes away.

I'm very awake due to being scared by someone's text message tone (the sound of sparx eating a dragonfly) playing at a "startle a half awake punchy" volume.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

DrPossum posted:

personal hygiene is important and not competing for personal hygiene time with others is divine

the concern is the sound of me showering will wake people

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

i took the shower and this turned out to be a great idea since there's only one towel

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I took the shower!!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

i have been accosted by the resident evil evil to help him dye his hair for a wesker cosplay

I don't know how to dye hair, so I'm sure this will go well.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I have completely hosed up this poor guys hair jesus christ this is not how I expected my day to pan out

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Ok actually after awkwardly cleaning up because holy poo poo I am not a stylist and scrubbing someone else's face I downgrade from "completely hosed it up" to "mediocre job"

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1081951878936739840?s=19

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1081952148429123586?s=19

dyed hair man and his dyed hair

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Pringles are bad. Do not indulge this monster. Post Isabelle, indulge me instead

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

glitchless is for casuals, gently caress this run.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Ravus posted:

But it's haaard moooode though grumpypants

No.

Shameful display.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I thought this was glitchless wtf

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1082425445805633537?s=19

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Me discreetly trying to listen to the DK rap on my phone without disturbing anything to learn the rhythm

NO FEAR NO STYLE NO GRACE

a bit late but that turned out pretty well
Bit shaky on the hosting front at first but I got into a groove.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

dang you guys are brutal

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Meatbag Esq. posted:

There were empty seats during the opening ceremony while people stood at the back of the room because ~human interaction~ I guess.

It's more that people didn't want to have to muscle past people on the way in and out just to catch the pre show.

I did the same poo poo I wasn't gonna watch hollow knight I just wanted to catch dumb antics and peace out

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

The edits in this thread are loving killing me.

Thank you very much!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

i told you guys angel of darkness was good and nobody ever believes me!!!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Watch Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness. It's awful block material that's scheduled WRONG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

chilling in my hotel room to watch awful block.